ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Chiefs make a trade

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Chiefs make a trade   Wed May 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Chiefs acquired FB Anthony Sherman from the Cardinals.
New Cards head coach Bruce Arians has no room for plodding fullbacks in his aggressive, vertical offense. So Sherman heads to Andy Reid's West Coast scheme as Jamaal Charles' lead blocker. The 2011 fifth-rounder graded out 20th among 25 qualifying fullbacks in Pro Football Focus' rankings last season.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs make a trade   Wed May 01, 2013 5:02 pm

Arenas was expendable. But not sure why we traded him for a FB. Seems like we have 4 or 5 on the roster already. But Dorsey and Reid are smarter men than me lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs make a trade   Wed May 01, 2013 5:17 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
Arenas was expendable. But not sure why we traded him for a FB. Seems like we have 4 or 5 on the roster already. But Dorsey and Reid are smarter men than me lol.

No! Reid and Dorsey are the dumbest mother fuckers alive! Are they really serious about trading a starting caliber Nickel CB for a damn FB? Are we going to cut our new 6th round pick or carry 2 full backs on the roster? I just about bet they don't carry 2 FB's on the roster. So this trade just cost us a 2nd round CB and a 6th round pick. We fucking got fleeced on this deal! Just dumb. If you wasn't going to use him then put Arenas on the block for a 4th or 5th rounder. It's days like today and the last 3 or 4 picks in the draft when I think the last several years in Philly were not a fluke for the great and mighty Reid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs make a trade   Wed May 01, 2013 5:31 pm

Anthony Sherman traded to Chiefs for Javier Arenas

By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer

The Kansas City Chiefs continue to retool on offense under coach Andy Reid.

The Chiefs traded cornerback Javier Arenas to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for fullback Anthony Sherman, sources told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport on Wednesday. The teams later confirmed the trade.

Arenas' agent, Hadley Engelhard, told Rapoport that he's pleased with the deal: "This is a trade where, based on Kansas City's acquisitions at the cornerback position, we were actively pursuing. With the trade made, we're happy it's to the Arizona Cardinals."

It's a swap that makes sense for both teams. New Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has little need for a fullback in his pass-centric attack, but Reid will find use for Sherman in his West Coast offense.

The 2011 fifth-round pick figures as a lead blocker for Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles, but that's a skill set still in progress for Sherman. ProFootballFocus graded Sherman 19th out of 25 fullbacks as a road grader in 2012.

Sherman barely is a presence as a runner or pass catcher, with just three career yards on the ground and 13 receptions for 111 yards over two seasons. He joins a roster already crowded with three other fullbacks -- Patrick DiMarco, Ryan D'Imperio and Braden Wilson -- on the depth chart.

Rapoport noted that Chiefs general manager John Dorsey prefers taller corners, meaning Arenas -- at just 5-foot-9 -- was not a fit. Arenas figures in the slot, but he's unlikely to use his return skills with Patrick Peterson and rookie Tyrann Mathieu in-house.

Arenas is entering the final year of his contract, but no extension is included as part of the trade, Rapoport said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canada Chiefs
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs make a trade   Wed May 01, 2013 5:44 pm

I don't agree with the value we got for Arenas even if he wasn't likely to make the team. He still presents better competition than another FB. One thing this seems to make clear though is that any player going public with any type of complaint is not going to be around long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs make a trade   Wed May 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Completely ignorant move. We'd rather have depth at FB than at CB in a pass first league. Makes zero sense. Seems like every trade Dorsey/Reid make leave us on the short end of the stick.

Yeah, Arenas was going to be fighting for a roster spot, but the guy could have pulled a late round pick. I'd rather have that late pick than another FB who probably wont even make the damn team.

Im giving Dorsey/Reid this first year before I make my judgement on them, but thus far I havent been impressed.

They've done some good things without a doubt, but theyve made some moves that just make me shake my head and wonder also.

Last edited by Touchdown Bowe on Wed May 01, 2013 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs make a trade   Wed May 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Just something else to think about..Arenas was the guy we used the 2nd rounder we got in the Gonzalez trade.

Gonzalez is still playing for the Falcons.

Arenas is gone.

What a win.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs make a trade   Wed May 01, 2013 8:01 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
Just something else to think about..Arenas was the guy we used the 2nd rounder we got in the Gonzalez trade.

Gonzalez is still playing for the Falcons.

Arenas is gone.

What a win.

Yep! Pioli fucked us on that deal for sure. I'm not sure I would've done any better. The only picks that made sense were T. Cody, Golden Tate, and B. Spikes. Cody has been a bust so far. Tate was a bust his 1st 2 years and did better last year with a better QB. Spikes has yet to put in a full season and had a good year last year. Then you have Graham and Gronkowski which turned out better than most would've thought. Looking back those guys should have been 1st round picks. I probably would've picked Cody even tho I really liked Tate coming out. I guess that's the risk of taking needs over BPA!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs make a trade   Thu May 02, 2013 3:28 am

Yeah stupid. He better be our starting FB and be damn good at it.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs make a trade   Thu May 02, 2013 4:11 am

Surely one of the five fullbacks we have on this roster will turn out to be great. Ive never seen a team with so many fullbacks on one roster though.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs make a trade   Thu May 02, 2013 1:53 pm

I'm guessing he makes it, and the drafted one goes PS.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs make a trade   Thu May 02, 2013 3:18 pm

Adam Teicher‏@adamteicher27s
The fullback glut for the #Chiefs is about to ease a little. Patrick DiMarco, last year's starter, will be released later today

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs make a trade   Thu May 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Thats not surprising. I thought DiMarco was pretty sufficient last year honestly for being an UDFA. Ill take any upgrades though.

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs make a trade   

Back to top Go down

Chiefs make a trade
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1