ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Official Branden Albert Trade News

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KCJay
Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 24m

Chiefs are seeking a second-round pick in this year's draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for franchise OT Branden Albert.
--------------------

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/3/22/4135538/chiefs-trade-rumors-branden-albert-draft-picks

When the Branden Albert trade rumors popped its head back up on Thursday, I predicted that a deal would go down. That prediction is looking better after this report from ESPN's Adam Schefter about the Kansas City Chiefs left tackle:

Chiefs are seeking a second-round pick in this year's draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for franchise OT Branden Albert.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 22, 2013

Folks, an Albert trade is going down. Messages like this don't slip out unless there's some meaning behind them. I don't have any insider knowledge of this deal but, as I said yesterday, we know how this game ends. Albert will be traded, and Chiefs will draft Joeckel. I am even more sure of that after reading the latest from Schefter.

More: Everything we know about the Albert trade rumors

The Chiefs lost a second round pick in the Alex Smith trade, and they want to recoup that. They hold the No. 1 pick in the draft and the pick could be Luke Joeckel, who would replace Albert. The Miami Dolphins were linked to the Chiefs in an earlier trade rumor from ESPN's John Clayton, so keep an eye on that.

So it appears the Chiefs very well could be going from Branden Albert and Eric Winston as book-end tackles to a rookie and possibly Donald Stephenson at right tackle. All in the span of a few months. Change is in the air.

Coincidentally, the Chiefs are working out Luke Joeckel down in Texas today. From there, according to Adam Caplan, they will travel to Oklahoma to work out Lane Johnson.

Albert signed his franchise tender earlier this week, which meant he was under contract and that he could be traded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 pm

They are still negotiating the top pick too. But Long has injury problems and has played worse every year where as Albert has improved every year. There's a rift in the Chiefs and Dolphins both... Coaches scouts and so on are torn between Albert/Joekek/Fisher in both organizations.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Branden Albert - T - Chiefs ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Dolphins and Chiefs have shelved talks for disgruntled LT Branden Albert until after both teams make their first-round picks.
Both Werder and NFL.com's Ian Rapoport hint there's a chance the Dolphins will trade up to select one of the draft's big-three tackles, so the Chiefs are rolling the dice. A desperate Jeff Ireland is capable of anything, so we wouldn't rule out a move up from No. 12 into the top-five. It is unlikely, however.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Wed May 01, 2013 9:07 pm

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Branden Albert trade talks are "dead," and that the Chiefs will now focus on signing Albert long-term.
Per Rapoport, the Dolphins never offered more than a third-round pick for Albert despite rampant speculation they were willing to part with a second. Killing the talks makes little sense for either side. It means the Dolphins will enter 2013 with a major question mark on Ryan Tannehill's blindside, while the Chiefs will be playing a legitimate left tackle — a rarity — in either Albert or No. 1 pick Eric Fisher at right tackle. Perhaps this is one last leverage play by the Chiefs for a 2014 second-rounder. If long-term talks are actually happening, Albert isn't going to settle for right-tackle money, which has been spectacularly weak this offseason. The sides have until July 15 to reach an accord.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Wed May 01, 2013 10:05 pm

I'm really hoping this whole deal was a ploy just to see what Albert is worth and that both sides will come back to the table with more attainable figures in mind. If that's not the case and the Chiefs went public to trade Albert for the reason of really trading him, then I don't see how Albert would want anything to do with long term discussions. I would want to do my year and get the hell on if I didn't believe the team had faith in me. I know the Chiefs can franchise him again and retain the upper hand. If they didn't trade him this year for what they wanted then it's not likely they will get the same compensation next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Thu May 02, 2013 3:33 am

I wonder what Fishers salery is like. I feel like with the new scale it wouldn't be bad RT money. A few years ago HELL NO to playing the top pick at RT, but maybe not so bad now financially... Especially in a bad draft year in a pass happy league. I'd love to keep both but probably very wishful thinking.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Thu May 02, 2013 4:09 am

I have a feeling the Chiefs are gonna use what the Dolphins would have paid to negotiate..he must be willing to accept a cheaper deal since theyre back in talks. Its gonna be interesting to see if Fisher plays LT and Albert moves to LG or RT or if Albert remains at LT and Fisher at RT.

If Albert does resign, we'll have one hell of a line with some great bookend tackles. Add in one of the five fullbacks we have becoming awesome and were gonna have hella protection for Alex Smith and Charles.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Thu May 02, 2013 11:25 am

RustShack wrote:
I wonder what Fishers salery is like. I feel like with the new scale it wouldn't be bad RT money. A few years ago HELL NO to playing the top pick at RT, but maybe not so bad now financially... Especially in a bad draft year in a pass happy league. I'd love to keep both but probably very wishful thinking.

Luck signed a 4 year deal worth 22 million fully guaranteed. So that's basically 5.5 million a year for a RT which is basically the same contract Winston signed only his wasn't fully guaranteed. If Fisher plays RT we should see a huge upgrade in both pass pro and the run game. I hate the thought of upgrading RT with the number 1 pick but unless you want Jordan you didn't have much of a choice in the matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Thu May 02, 2013 1:56 pm

Albert and the Chiefs are back to negotiating a long term contract. The funny thing is, Pioli said Albert was offered a bigger contract in the fall than what has been negotiated lately and his agent turned it down. And obviously there's a different man in negotiations now.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Thu May 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Albert is probably kicking himself for not taking Pioli's deal right about now. Thats what happens when you get too greedy.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Thu May 02, 2013 4:09 pm

Albert most likely is going to be our LT. Hopefully it's for more than 1 yr. It would give us awesome bookend Tackles as someone said already. Our line would be solid mostly. Still think we need upgraded at LG. Unless Allen or Schwartz really step it up this year. Most likely Schwartz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Thu May 02, 2013 4:41 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
Albert is probably kicking himself for not taking Pioli's deal right about now. Thats what happens when you get too greedy.

Doesn't matter! They have shown they aren't above cutting someone with a big new contract.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Thu May 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Reid said today that if Albert stays he's our LT and Fisher is our RT.

Our line is going to be freakn solid.

Albert - Schwartz - Hudson - Asamoah - Fisher

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Fri May 03, 2013 2:30 pm

As long as Reid utilizes the run game we will be great on offense. He will make Smith look like a top 10 QB. With the trading for and drafting of FB's, I get the feeling Reid might be wanting to pound it out a little more than he normally does.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Thu May 09, 2013 11:49 pm

Former Chiefs GM Scott Pioli said he tried to sign Branden Albert to a long-term deal last fall.
Albert's agents have been overvaluing their client's market value for some time now. Pioli said the two sides were never even close. "There was a lot of money on the table," he said. "I'll say more money than is out there and available for him now. He and his representation chose not to take it ... They were asking for a lot of money, and I think that's part of the problem." With trade talks reportedly dead, Albert is running out of options. He can play out his one-year tender, sign a long-term deal with the Chiefs, or stage a holdout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Fri May 10, 2013 2:17 pm

I say sign him long term. He knows now he isn't getting what he wanted.

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   

Back to top Go down

Official Branden Albert Trade News
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2