ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Chiefs sign QB Chase Daniels from Saints.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Chiefs sign QB Chase Daniels from Saints.   Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Chiefs agreed to terms with QB Chase Daniel, formerly of the Saints, on a three-year contract.
Per CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, the deal is believed to be worth over $3 million per year. That's quite a pay-day for a player who has attempted just nine career passes, and will enter 2013 as Alex Smith's strict backup. New coach Andy Reid is clearly trying to groom Daniel into a future starter. Even with that being the case, Daniel shouldn't threaten Smith's job status this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Chase Daniels from Saints.   Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:16 pm

This is an interesting signing! I was pretty impressed with watching him play in New Orleans. On the downside of things, I guess it's official KC is passing on Geno Smith which I think is a dumb fuck move!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Chase Daniels from Saints.   Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:19 pm

BigRatt wrote:
This is an interesting signing! I was pretty impressed with watching him play in New Orleans. On the downside of things, I guess it's official KC is passing on Geno Smith which I think is a dumb fuck move!

This. Were paying him #2 money. I think Reid will draft a guy late and cut ties with Cassel prior to the draft and Stanzi in preseason.

Basically means its pretty likely Luke Joeckel is the pick and will play RT this season and Branden Albert will walk next offseason.

Unless this team is confident they can trade down.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Chase Daniels from Saints.   Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:42 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
BigRatt wrote:

This. Were paying him #2 money. I think Reid will draft a guy late and cut ties with Cassel prior to the draft and Stanzi in preseason.

Basically means its pretty likely Luke Joeckel is the pick and will play RT this season and Branden Albert will walk next offseason.

Unless this team is confident they can trade down.

yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Chase Daniels from Saints.   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:11 pm

Can't complain. We're in the best shape we've been at QB in a long time. Once Reid grooms his young guy, we might be in the best shape ever there.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Chase Daniels from Saints.   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Interesting move. Didn't even know he was on our radar until day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Chase Daniels from Saints.   Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:38 pm

GREAT backup and perfect for a West Coast! Real excited to see who we draft now. Can't believe all the capable QB's we will have! I'd even start Chase over Cassel. Sounds like his throwing motion, accuracy, and mechanics are a lot better since Mizzou too after learning from Brees! Still not a strong arm, but not a big need in the West Coast either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Chase Daniels from Saints.   

Back to top Go down

Chiefs sign QB Chase Daniels from Saints.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1