ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Special Teams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Special Teams   Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Toub gets kick out of Chiefs' talent
January, 28, 2013

By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

Last week, Kansas City Chiefs punter Dustin Colquitt said he wants to remain with the team. Colquitt, who is coming off a Pro Bowl berth, is about to enter free agency.

New Kansas City special teams coach Dave Toub, considered one of the best special teams coaches in the NFL, talked to reporters on Monday during a conference call and made it clear he wants to re-sign Colquitt.

“There are a lot of guys I like. I think there are some young players coming up that look pretty good. I particularly like our punter, I like him a lot,” said Toub, who came from Chicago. “I’ve never really had a punter that bombed a ball like this, we’ve had directional punters with Brad Maynard and Adam Podlesh before, and we were a directional cover team where we were going to try to kick the ball outside the numbers. Whereas Dustin, he more kind of bombs the ball. He’s working on being directional, but he’s going to bomb the ball and give you good hang time and distance at the same time. We’ll have to adjust a little bit more to him because he is quite the athlete.”

Of course, Toub doesn’t make the decision. But I’m sure new Kansas City coach Andy Reid and new Kansas City general manager John Dorsey will agree with Toub and make re-signing Colquitt a priority.

Toub, who was blessed for the past seven years by the presence of the great Devin Hester, also talked up Dexter McCluster as a punt returner. Toub said he will compete with Javier Arenas and Devon Wylie for the job.

“McCluster is somebody that’s very intriguing to me,” Toub said. “He can really make you miss and I just think he’s got a lot of untapped potential as a punt returner. So we’ll let all three of those guys battle it out and may the best man win.”

With Toub’s history and his excitement over the group he is taking over, I expect to see solid results quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Special Teams   Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:39 am

I'm real excited to see what happens with our ST's... I've heard that hes the best ST's coach in the NFL, and his also highly paid assistant is a top 5 ST's coach.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Special Teams   Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:28 pm

Sounds like theyre both high on McCluster. I always liked McCluster as a return guy. Arenas is shifty and has great vision but just lacks that speed that McCluster has. I think Toub can turn McCluster into a pretty damn good returner.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Special Teams   Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:41 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
Sounds like theyre both high on McCluster. I always liked McCluster as a return guy. Arenas is shifty and has great vision but just lacks that speed that McCluster has. I think Toub can turn McCluster into a pretty damn good returner.

DMC has a ton of speed and talent! I hope a good coach like Toub can make the difference. I still have visions of that 1st return DMC took to the house. I thought we were on to something but he hasn't had another since then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Special Teams   Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:38 pm

BigRatt wrote:
Touchdown Bowe wrote:

DMC has a ton of speed and talent! I hope a good coach like Toub can make the difference. I still have visions of that 1st return DMC took to the house. I thought we were on to something but he hasn't had another since then.

Hell I think Dex would be a hell of an offensive weapon if we had a coaching staff that had a clue how to use him. He needs to be used as a combo RB/WR to get the max production out of him. Make it hard for defenses to scheme to stop him. With Cassel and Quinn, we had no vertical passing game. None. Defenses played close and knew what was coming. Runs, screens, and dumpoffs. Enter Geno and vertical WR or say Baldwin develops..looser defenses, better chance for Dex to succeed.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Special Teams   Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:26 pm

Dex could be great if used right! Hopefully we have a staff that does that now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Special Teams   Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:26 am

Returners lose their effectiveness when they are used more on offense/defense.

PostSubject: Re: Special Teams   

Back to top Go down

Special Teams
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1