ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Do you approve the Reid signing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you approve?
 Yes
 No
 Pioli
View results
AuthorMessage
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:38 am

Yes or No? Give damn good reasons.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:16 am

Yes. He will bring us a franchise QB, bring the locker room back together, and put the Chiefs over the top.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:45 pm

I think he can be if he learns from his mistakes and sets himself up a good staff. Hopefully we don't get the Andy Reid that made the decisions the last few years with the Eagles. Hopefully we can find him a good GM as well. I'm not overly crazy about it but he has more experience than what we've had. Time for him to prove he's not washed up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:33 pm

I love the hire. Going to a conference championship game every 3 years on average is enough for me. I am curious if they go back to 4-3 D.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KCJay
Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:45 pm

The guy is a great coach and knows how to motivate his players...Only thing in Philly was, there were guys saying they were a "Dream Team"...Too many egos to go around..Superman couldn't keep a locker room together full of douche bags..lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:02 pm

He was just there too long and needed a change. I think KC rejuvinstes him. Has happened to coaches like schottenhimer, Shannahan, Coughlin, and the list goes on. Plus he's had A lot of off the field issues with his family. I think a change is great for him. His staff has been picked apart over the years because they were so good, now he has a chance to start over and bring back some of those coaches.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:39 pm

KCJay wrote:
The guy is a great coach and knows how to motivate his players...Only thing in Philly was, there were guys saying they were a "Dream Team"...Too many egos to go around..Superman couldn't keep a locker room together full of douche bags..lol

Reid was the one responsible for the bringing in those bloating egos. He has had a tendency to bring in problem child types and think they will all mesh. I think if he learns from his mistakes and sets up a good coaching staff then he has a chance to do big things. There is a lot of "ifs" in that sentence though.

Last edited by BigRatt on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:42 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
I love the hire. Going to a conference championship game every 3 years on average is enough for me. I am curious if they go back to 4-3 D.

I'm glad your happy! Maybe now we don't have to listen to so much bitching. Do you think Clark is still cheap and doesn't want to win?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redross006
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:27 pm

I will have to admit in the past I said that Hunt was cheap but after this week ... I must admit I was wrong. Kudos to Clark for doing what it takes to bring glory back to this team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:52 pm

Don't know about glory yet. But hope definitely lol. Love the hire. Can't wait to see what kinda staff he puts together. Hearing he could bring Dorsey and Heckert with him. Finally a good day for Chief fans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:08 pm

I think Clark is learning. This isnt the same league as it was when his dad passed away. He's definitely in this to win it. He just made Reid one of the highest paid coaches in the league after making Pioli one of the highest paid GMs in 09. He's learning and I think he's really made the change thats gonna turn us this time.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:15 pm

Also bringing in Dorsey and Heckert would be a complete slam dunk. Whatever route they choose to go with the 1st pick, i'd have complete faith in them.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:34 pm

BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

I'm glad your happy! Maybe now we don't have to listen to so much bitching. Do you think Clark is still cheap and doesn't want to win?

We will have to wait and see. Clark is gonna turn the operation over to Reid and whoever Reid chooses as GM. This idea that Clark is gonna run day to day operations is crazy and will not happen. I dont think people are giving fans credit enough for forcing this move either. Clark knew keeping Crennel and Pioli would cost him more in the long run than just firing them. But it is a good day in KC for sure. And I hope this means we dont have to draft the QB with the #1 pick too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

We will have to wait and see. Clark is gonna turn the operation over to Reid and whoever Reid chooses as GM. This idea that Clark is gonna run day to day operations is crazy and will not happen. I dont think people are giving fans credit enough for forcing this move either. Clark knew keeping Crennel and Pioli would cost him more in the long run than just firing them. But it is a good day in KC for sure. And I hope this means we dont have to draft the QB with the #1 pick too.

I didn't think Clark was ever going to run the day to day operations. He's not a football man. He is going to have more of a role now though and kept in the loop with the new structure. I also think if Reid wasn't bringing his own people that Pioli would still be GM. It was pretty evident that Clark had and still has a lot of respect for Pioli. Reid has his own people, and I don't have an issue with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:06 pm

Updating previous items, new Chiefs coach Andy Reid is reportedly telling people that he plans to bring both former Browns GM Tom Heckert and Packers director of football operations John Dorsey with him to Kansas City. Reid will have final say over personnel decisions, but smartly plans to surround himself with skilled evaluators. Heckert's draft-pick resume in both Cleveland and Philadelphia impresses on paper, and Dorsey has learned from the best in Green Bay, working under GM Ted Thompson. We also expect Reid's coaching staff to be star-studded when it's announced. It's definitely going to have Juan Castillo coaching the offensive line, and could conclude Pat Shurmur.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:08 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
Updating previous items, new Chiefs coach Andy Reid is reportedly telling people that he plans to bring both former Browns GM Tom Heckert and Packers director of football operations John Dorsey with him to Kansas City. Reid will have final say over personnel decisions, but smartly plans to surround himself with skilled evaluators. Heckert's draft-pick resume in both Cleveland and Philadelphia impresses on paper, and Dorsey has learned from the best in Green Bay, working under GM Ted Thompson. We also expect Reid's coaching staff to be star-studded when it's announced. It's definitely going to have Juan Castillo coaching the offensive line, and could conclude Pat Shurmur.

I like the idea of both Dorsey and Heckert!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:14 pm

Front office and coaching staff is going to be stacked! We already have a young and talented roster, we have the top pick of the draft, and a ton of cap space. Chiefs will get real good real quick!

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:53 am

Andy Reid has allot of the tools here in place already to have success. The one major problem that needs solved obviously is QB. I think a veteran will be brought in to bridge the gap to a QB we draft in April. He needs a top notch DC to come here and have total control of the defense. 3-4 defense that is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:39 pm

RustShack wrote:
Front office and coaching staff is going to be stacked! We already have a young and talented roster, we have the top pick of the draft, and a ton of cap space. Chiefs will get real good real quick!

If they are going to 4-3 it is a total rebuild
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:18 am

Or we could be a Denver style 4-3 where Hali is a DE and Houstin is used like Von Miller at LB if not the opposite DE.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:07 am

I think that if we do go to the 4-3 Houston will stay at LB and be used like Von Miller like Rust said. The lineup could be pretty solid at 4-3.
DE - A free agent would need to be signed.
DT - Dorsey/Jackson
DT - Poe/Powe/Toribio
DE - Hali
LOLB - Houston
MLB - Johnson
ROLB - Free agent/ Draft
CB - Flowers
CB - Free agent/ Draft
FS - Lewis
SS - Berry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:45 am

RustShack wrote:
Or we could be a Denver style 4-3 where Hali is a DE and Houstin is used like Von Miller at LB if not the opposite DE.

Funny you say that when you said Hali was a terrible end
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:57 am

Anybody seen anything on how much cap space will be gained by cutting Cassel and Jackson? Chiefs may be in a position to have to spend like crazy to get within 90% of cap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:50 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
RustShack wrote:

Funny you say that when you said Hali was a terrible end

Definitely not ideal with Hali. He goes from a 10 to 15 sack year OLB back to a 6 to 9 sack per year DE in my opinion. I don't see Houston coming anywhere close to 10 sacks in the 4-3 either. We also have to find 2 LB's that can cover if they go that route. I would much rather see them go to 3-4 1 gap system or a hybrid of some type.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:24 pm

The National Football Post hears Matt Flynn "could be on the move for the second time in as many seasons, this time via the trade market." ESPN's John Clayton recently offered a similar opinion. Due $5.25 million (only $2 million guaranteed), Flynn is expensive for a backup quarterback. Best suited to a West Coast offense, Flynn could be attractive to Reid's Chiefs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you approve the Reid signing?   

Back to top Go down

Do you approve the Reid signing?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next