ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Head Coach Search

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Falcons' Dirk Koetter will interview with Chiefs, Eagles and Browns for head coach job, per report

By Joel Thorman on Dec 31, 12:01p 62

The Kansas City Chiefs coaching search is underway and we have a name that the team will reportedly interview: Dirk Koetter, Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator.

It was just a few hours ago that the Kansas City Chiefs fired head coach Romeo Crennel. Team owner Clark Hunt said he had not yet determined the fate of GM Scott Pioli but he did say that he, and not Pioli, would be leading the Chiefs coaching search.

We now have a name to attach to that search: Dirk Koetter, Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator.

@foxsports.com has learned #Falcons OC Dirk Koetter set to interview this week 4 HC jobs with #Eagles, #Chiefs & #Browns. Story coming ASAP
— Alex Marvez (@alexmarvez) December 31, 2012

Koetter was the Jacksonville Jaguars offensive coordinator from 2007-11. He ran the Falcons offense this season.

We'll do a little digging into Koetter to learn more but I REALLY LIKE that this is an offensive -minded candidate. The Chiefs have the No.1 pick coming up, so getting it right on the quarterback is the priority right now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:17 pm

Reid will not be traveling to San Diego or Arizona. Issues of staff and structure were hashed out today

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Chiefs | Scott Pioli unlikely to stay
Thu, 03 Jan 2013 12:16:34 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli is unlikely to stay with the team if they hire former Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid. Reid said it's not necessary that he bring in former Cleveland Browns general manager Tom Heckert, though. Reid is also interested in working with Green Bay Packers director of operations John Dorsey in the GM role.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1#ixzz2GxDDnU6e
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Read the Heckert thing wasn't true somewhere. That Reid was talking to someone from Greenbay can't remember the name. Dorsey maybe? And Heckert would be a fall back option. Either looks like Pioli days are numbered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:46 pm

Sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter that it's "highly unlikely" GM Scott Pioli will remain on board if owner Clark Hunt brings in Andy Reid, as expected. Contrary to previous speculation, Reid has not demanded that ex-Browns GM Tom Heckert be hired in a package deal. The surprising twist is that Reid's priority is to gauge whether Packers director of operations John Dorsey is interested in joining him as the general manager. Heckert could be a fallback candidate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Here's the latest info I received:

-They have to figure out how they are going about terminating Pioli. As many reported earlier today, Pioli has final say in all football operations written into his contract. Clark can't break that deal. They are trying to negotiate a buyout and let him go wherever he wants, but obviously Pioli wants all of the money. He did get a 2 year extension earlier around the time I got the info that the extension was happening.

-Tom Heckert is in demand and Andy may just elect to either wait for the Packers to be out (may be waiting a while) or he could entertain Ray Farmer in the role. There's some connection between Farmer and Reid that I can't link but they say they have a fondness for each other.

-Doug Pederson as QB coach, Castillo at OL, Bobby April as ST coach. Haven't heard a thing about RB or WR. He likely will bring Melvin the TE coach too. The only coach that has a chance to stick is Otis Smith as secondary coach, but that will be determined by DC. As I said earlier the Kiffin smoke was quickly put out, Ray Horton would be ideal, but they aren't going to wait around on him either to see if he gets another job. Dick Jauron is the new flavor of the hour as a guy linked to the DC job with Reid.

-Reid is going to completely overhaul the organization. He's bringing in his guys in every facet. Scouts, equipment managers, trainers, strength people. All will be Reid's guys.

-Shurmur or Childress will be O-coordinator. Varying opinions on who it would be. Me personally, I think Childress is it.

-Reid wants a 5 year deal. Chiefs, in standard fashion, offered 3. They'll get to 5 years around 38 mill when it's all said and done.

-Clark Hunt has done a masterful job taking back control of his franchise over that fucking weasel Pioli.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:53 pm

Still can't believe anyone ever thought Clark was cheap. He wasn't involved, but he wasn't cheap. He made Pioli one if the highest paid GM's, and now he's about to do the same with Reid... To to mention all the money he's throwing around terminating Pioli and Crennel among others.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:03 am

I am hearing from multiple "sources" on Twitter that the official hire announcement will take place tomorrow at mid-morning. Tom Heckert was supposedly flying in tonight to discuss GM job with Chiefs brass.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:05 am

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Packers exec John Dorsey interviewing with Jets this weekend and has strong shot to get GM job with Andy Reid in KC

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:17 am

If the chiefs pull this off... We hit a grand slam!

GM- Dorsey
HC- Reid
OC- Chilly
DC- Jauron

QB- Geno

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:00 am

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Update from @mortreport: Cards visit with Andy Reid is off, Chiefs have not scheduled other visits with candidates, hoping to wrap deal Fri.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:34 am

If we can land Dorsey and Reid..holy shit guys. Solid drafter. Solid coach. Solid playoff appearances.

OH FUCK YEAH!

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:50 am

As Andy Reid moved closer to finalizing his future as the new coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, league sources said Reid's interview on Friday with the Arizona Cardinals had been canceled. One Cardinals official confirmed the team was informed of Reid's pending deal with the Chiefs and characterized that the former Eagles' coach was "out with us."

ESPN's Mark Schlereth says Andy Reid would be a terrific hire for the Chiefs. Schlereth also weighs in on other coaching vacancies and this weekend's playoff games.

The Chiefs had no response but league sources say the team is hopeful of announcing a deal with Reid by Friday. The Chiefs have not scheduled any other interviews with coaching candidates because they were encouraged by their negotiations with Reid the past two days.

Reid also had a tentative interview scheduled with the San Diego Chargers on Sunday if he did not agree to a contract with the Chiefs. It is uncertain where the Chargers stand with Reid but the team is interviewing other candidates.

Neither Reid nor his representative, Bob LaMonte, could be reached for comment.

As the two sides continue to negotiate details of organizational structure, salary and coaching budgets, league sources said the nine hours of meetings Wednesday were necessary for Reid to meet with various key members of the organization -- owner Clark Hunt, general manager Scott Pioli, executive Ryan Petkoff, president Mark Donovan, and Ted Crews, vice president of communications for the AFC West franchise.

While Reid has a warm relationship with Pioli, sources said it is highly unlikely that Reid will build his front office with the Chiefs' GM on board if the deal gets done with Hunt. The same sources insist Reid did not demand that former Browns GM Tom Heckert had to be a package deal as the team's future general manager because he still wants to gauge whether John Dorsey, the Packers' director of operations, would consider the position of GM, the sources added.

SportsNation Andy Reid is reportedly on the verge of being hired by the Chiefs. Would this be a good move for Kansas City?

One assistant coach aligned with Reid even told ESPN on Thursday morning that Reid is going to Kansas City, not Arizona.

Reid spent 1999-2012 as Philadelphia's coach, leading the Eagles to the playoffs nine times during that period. He won 130 regular-season games and 10 playoff games. The Chiefs, meanwhile, had 98 wins, three postseason appearances and no postseason wins under five different head coaches, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Kansas City fired coach Romeo Crennel on Monday after a 2-14 season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Chiefs, Andy Reid 'reached an agreement', according to reports

By Joel Thorman on Jan 4, 10:07a 108

The Kansas City Chiefs coaching search is nearing its final days. Or maybe hours. A new report states that the Chiefs have reached an agreement with Reid and are likely to officially wrap up the deal with Reid sometime on Friday and before the weekend's playoff games.
Facebook
Twitter

It appears all but certain that the Kansas City Chiefs will make Andy Reid their next head coach. (Knock on wood!) ESPN's Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter are reporting that an "agreement" has been reached.

More: Scott Pioli fired | Chiefs coaching rumors | Chiefs GM rumors

Andy Reid and the Chiefs have reached an agreement. Lawyers reviewing contract. Added to ESPN story along with @adamschefter
— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) January 4, 2013

More confirmation....according to a report from the Kansas City Star's Adam Teicher, the official announcement could be coming as soon as today.

It's looking like #Chiefs will announce Reid signing later today and this won't drag on into weekend.
— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) January 4, 2013

I was a little concerned about the timing of this because if we got to Saturday without a deal I figured the Chiefs may wait until Monday or later to make an announcement. There's no written rule but teams generally try to avoid upstaging the playoffs with these kinds of announcements. Sometimes it's unavoidable but it's something I thought could come into play in Kansas City.

Apparently, it won't.

Pioli statement on being let go: "I did not accomplish all of what I set out to do'

"I would like to thank Norma, Clark and the Hunt Family for the opportunity that they gave me four years ago. I'd also like to thank the players, coaches, scouts and countless other employees, throughout the organization and at Arrowhead Stadium that have worked so hard during my time here. I would also like to genuinely thank Chiefs fans.

"The bottom line is that I did not accomplish all of what I set out to do. To the Hunt family - to the great fans of the Kansas City Chiefs - to the players, all employees and alumni, I truly apologize for not getting the job done."

Clark Hunt's statement makes Pioli firing official

"After several productive conversations, we made the difficult decision to part ways with Scott Pioli and allow him to pursue other opportunities," Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt said. "Scott has been an invaluable member of the Chiefs family since joining us in 2009, and we sincerely appreciate his tremendous contributions over the last four years.

"I know that this was a difficult decision for Scott as well. He has a great deal of appreciation for the history of this franchise, for our players, coaches and employees, and especially our great fans.

"There is no way to overstate the level of respect and admiration I have for Scott on a personal level. His character, loyalty, integrity and commitment to a team are extraordinary, and throughout the last four years, he has consistently put the best interests of the Chiefs ahead of his own. I know he will go on to enjoy further success in the National Football League, and I certainly wish him the best in the future."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   

Back to top Go down

Head Coach Search
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3