ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Head Coach Search

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:28 pm

"Falcons' Dirk Koetter will interview with Chiefs, Eagles and Browns for head coach job, per report

By Joel Thorman on Dec 31, 12:01p 62

The Kansas City Chiefs coaching search is underway and we have a name that the team will reportedly interview: Dirk Koetter, Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator.

It was just a few hours ago that the Kansas City Chiefs fired head coach Romeo Crennel. Team owner Clark Hunt said he had not yet determined the fate of GM Scott Pioli but he did say that he, and not Pioli, would be leading the Chiefs coaching search.

We now have a name to attach to that search: Dirk Koetter, Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator.

@foxsports.com has learned #Falcons OC Dirk Koetter set to interview this week 4 HC jobs with #Eagles, #Chiefs & #Browns. Story coming ASAP
— Alex Marvez (@alexmarvez) December 31, 2012

Koetter was the Jacksonville Jaguars offensive coordinator from 2007-11. He ran the Falcons offense this season.

We'll do a little digging into Koetter to learn more but I REALLY LIKE that this is an offensive -minded candidate. The Chiefs have the No.1 pick coming up, so getting it right on the quarterback is the priority right now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:32 pm

Looking at OC's with good QB's for the coaching search. How about looking at an OC who has had success without a good QB? Is there such a candidate?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:07 pm

I do think we need an offensive minded HC. Hopefully Hunt makes the right choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:54 pm

Interesting, Hmmmm. Hunt leading head coach search. Obviously Pioli is not trusted. Why hasn't he been fired. Something funny is going on here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:03 pm

Chiefs also to interview Keith Armstrong Atlanta's Special teams guy for headcoaching job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:21 pm

Chiefs | New HC will have say in fate of GM
Mon, 31 Dec 2012 09:01:52 -0800

The Kansas City Chiefs' next head coach will help determine the fate of general manager Scott Pioli.

0 Comments | Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter | Share:

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=3#ixzz2GfedrXEF
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:28 pm

Yeah been reading new head coach will have a Czar type role. Cowher would be perfect for that position. I only wish. But may just be a dream. Also heard Gruden as a candidate. But also hear he is pulling his name from all coaching searches wanting to stay at ESPN.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:35 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
Yeah been reading new head coach will have a Czar type role. Cowher would be perfect for that position. I only wish. But may just be a dream. Also heard Gruden as a candidate. But also hear he is pulling his name from all coaching searches wanting to stay at ESPN.

Yeah I heard Gruden has already turned down interviews. Would have to believe KC is one he has turned down. I think Pioli not being fired yet will still be an obstacle in hiring a big name. Nobody wants to even be around that prick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:32 pm

Clark Hunt: 'Next Chiefs head coach will report directly to me'

By Joel Thorman on Dec 31, 2:09p 657

KC Chiefs owner Clark Hunt said that he would not only lead the Chiefs coaching search, but that the new head coach would report directly to him. That has never happened in Chiefs franchise history before.

Kansas City Chiefs owner Clark Hunt fired Romeo Crennel on Monday morning and has not yet made a decision on GM Scott PIoli. Hunt spoke with the Chiefs website about the coaching search, a timetable on making a decision and how the new head coach will fit into the organizational structure.

A few highlights of Hunt's interview on KCChiefs.com:

Chiefs coaching interviews lined up: Dirk Koetter | Keith Armstrong | Full updates

-A decision on GM Scott Pioli and the rest of the department will "come later". More changes could be coming.

-"We don't have a timetable" on making these decisions.

-"We're very organized," Clark said of the coaching search. "I'll be starting the search this afternoon. We have a number of candidates I'm very excited about."

-For the first time in franchise history, the head coach will report to Hunt. "I'm going to lead the search and I'll hire the next coach of the Kansas City Chiefs and he will report directly to me."

-"It is a significant change," Hunt said of the coach reporting to the owner. "I just feel it's so important that we get the right head coach for the Kansas City Chiefs and I think we'll have the best chance of doing that with a direct report to me."

Two reactions:

The coach reporting directly to the owner is unique. Outside of those guys who have full control over personnel, that doesn't happen that often.

Seems to me Pioli has been neutered a little bit if he sticks around. Picking the head coach is a big part of the GM's job. Pioli will not have that ability. I don't see any other way to look at it except that Pioli's power within the organization has diminished (if he's still there).

Update: Albert Breer of the NFL Network interviewed Hunt and has some more insight behind this decision:

Hunt told me the restructuring -- having the GM & coach report to him -- was done solely b/c he thinks it'll help attract the best coach.
— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) December 31, 2012

New structure is a sea change for KC. Coach has reported to GM or president for decades. Hunt sees new structure like the Steelers' setup.

Also asked Hunt if he thinks Pioli can be the man to turn things around. He said, "I haven't ruled that out." But ...

... Hunt also didn't rule out that Pioli could wind up being out if the right coach pushes change in the personnel department.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:34 pm

Kind of sounds like Pioli will be personnel man only. If the new HC wants change in personnel then Pioli will be out. Sounds like Hunt is leaving that part open in the hopes of possibly trying to lure a Cowher type.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:45 pm

So you believe Hunt is gonna all of the sudden change the way he does things just because he says so? Wierd that he is saying he wants the GM position settled by earl February when 1st payments on season tickets are due Jan 15th. Sounds like Hunt is doing damage control and feeding the fans more BS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:56 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
So you believe Hunt is gonna all of the sudden change the way he does things just because he says so? Wierd that he is saying he wants the GM position settled by earl February when 1st payments on season tickets are due Jan 15th. Sounds like Hunt is doing damage control and feeding the fans more BS.

Now why the hell would he do that? Hunt doesn't strike me as a guy who wants to piss the fans off. Is it coincidence that a change in QB was made when fans went nuts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:01 pm

The QB change was made when Cassel was injured and they had an excuse. Hunt doesnt strike you as the type to want to piss off the fans? Hunt is the type that has never cared what the fans thought. Are you even from the area? KC fans have called him cheap. They have called him an absentee owner that could care less about what the fans thought. this has gone on for years here locally so why wouldnt he strike you as an owner that gave a shit about the fanbase all of the sudden when he hasnt shown it once in his fucking life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:03 pm

and nearly 100% of the fans understand Pioli is a clueless moron and have been making their voices heard for months now. So why keep him around?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:09 pm

I honestly think that Hunt wants to lure a big gun like Cowher here to have total personel control as well as HC duties. Pioli will be let go if he is able to do that. That is just the feeling I get from it. Im not saying I like that idea that is just a thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:10 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:
I honestly think that Hunt wants to lure a big gun like Cowher here to have total personel control as well as HC duties. Pioli will be let go if he is able to do that. That is just the feeling I get from it. Im not saying I like that idea that is just a thought.
I like any thought that has Pioli gone. My lab could do a better job than him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:38 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
The QB change was made when Cassel was injured and they had an excuse. Hunt doesnt strike you as the type to want to piss off the fans? Hunt is the type that has never cared what the fans thought. Are you even from the area? KC fans have called him cheap. They have called him an absentee owner that could care less about what the fans thought. this has gone on for years here locally so why wouldnt he strike you as an owner that gave a shit about the fanbase all of the sudden when he hasnt shown it once in his fucking life.

I have never seen the Hunt's as cheap! That is your thoughts and the thoughts of the fans that think the way to the Superbowl is to spend the entire salary cap. Guess what? Your boy Carl did that that very thing. Guess how many AFC Championships that idea produced? Guess how many it has produced for the Skins? So forgive Hunt for trying a new idea that has to do with building with the draft and signing lower priced FA's. I honestly believe you wouldn't be happy in life if you didn't have something to bitch about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:40 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:

I'm thinking the same thing at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:13 am

Chiefs to interview OC Koetter and Keith Armstrong who is the Falcons special teams coach. What the hell are we doing interviewing a special teams coach?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:49 am

BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

I have never seen the Hunt's as cheap! That is your thoughts and the thoughts of the fans that think the way to the Superbowl is to spend the entire salary cap. Guess what? Your boy Carl did that that very thing. Guess how many AFC Championships that idea produced? Guess how many it has produced for the Skins? So forgive Hunt for trying a new idea that has to do with building with the draft and signing lower priced FA's. I honestly believe you wouldn't be happy in life if you didn't have something to bitch about.

That is the same thoughts as about 90% of the kansas city area chiefs fans. building through the draft doesnt mean letting great players walk that you drafted just because they become expensive like Carr.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:51 am

I just look at a mans actions and not listen to his words. Hunts actions have never shown he cares about trying to bring a winning franchise to KC. His actions have shown he only cares about his pocketbook. But you keep listening to the mans words while his actions are completely different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:02 pm

If hunt isnt full of shit about leting a coach have player personnel power then I hope it isnt holmgren. we would have 3 idiots picking players with Holmgren, Pioli, and Hunt. Now Holmgren with a decent GM would be a good move
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:45 am

Who cares if Hunt wasn't hands on before. He hired Pioli to run the show for him, pretty common. Pioli has proven he was biting more than he can chew, so Clark is getting involved. Clark wasn't the cheap ass at all. Pioli has done a great job of keeping players here for cheap and bringing in talent. He failed at putting them in a position to succeed, which won't be his job anymore if he stays. Coaches don't have to listen to Pioli anymore, they will report to Hunt.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:46 am

I don't think it's a coincidence that once Clark said he was getting more hands on, he sold one of his soccer teams, promoted a DC, and Cassel never seen the field again.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:00 am

Yeah I definitely like Clarks attitude right now. I think he's severely embarrassed by this season. Im sure he's heard people say how he doesnt care about the Chiefs like his father did.

Hope he proves to us he does care.

PostSubject: Re: Head Coach Search   

Back to top Go down

Head Coach Search
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next