ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Brady Quinn ruled OUT, Matt Cassel will start, and Ricky Stanzi will be suited up and Activated.

AuthorMessage
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:28 pm

BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
Best time to judge individuals is when things arent going well. If they are going to quit on a veteran just think how they will play when having to play while a rookie QB is adjusting to the NFL. If literally every player on this team is a quitter then this thing should be blown up even more than I thought.

That's not true either. When players don't buy into what the organization is selling any longer then a change can bring excitement and give these guys someone to fight for! It's so clear that Crennell is going thru the motions.
No players are going to buy into KC as an organization. Even the players throughout the NFL look at this organization as cheap and only interested in the profit margin at seasons end. Andafter this year it will be even harder to bring in players because they now not only look cheap but also clueless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
McCluster has never been more than a role player and will never be an impact guy. Baldwin flat out cant run routs. Routt is a burn machine and penalty magnet. Of course when a QB knows you are as bad as he is you are going to have more int chances as you will have plenty of balls thrown your direction. Dallas went from 23rd pass defense in 11 to 2nd in 12 and 16th pass TDs to 4th. KC has gone from 6th to 18th and that is with teams just trying to run out the clock in the 4th quarter.

I no doubt wish we could've kept Carr. But paying another CB 55 million is pretty hard to do when you already have 100 million tied up in the DE position. Carr is good but he isn't elite. We are going to have to draft some CBs this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Pioli accumulated good talent. His ego prevented them from succeeding. His problem is the same as Haley's problem, and Haley's ego prevented him from being a good HC. If Haley learns from his mistake, he could be a good HC if given a chance. If Pioli learns from his mistake, he could be a good GM if he ever gets a different job. If they don't learn from their mistakes, they will fail again if they are even given chances again... which Pioli might not.

I have no doubts that a different GM and coaching staff can have this team turned around in two years max... typically the general rule is three years.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
Best time to judge individuals is when things arent going well. If they are going to quit on a veteran just think how they will play when having to play while a rookie QB is adjusting to the NFL. If literally every player on this team is a quitter then this thing should be blown up even more than I thought.

That's not true either. When players don't buy into what the organization is selling any longer then a change can bring excitement and give these guys someone to fight for! It's so clear that Crennell is going thru the motions.
No players are going to buy into KC as an organization. Even the players throughout the NFL look at this organization as cheap and only interested in the profit margin at seasons end. Andafter this year it will be even harder to bring in players because they now not only look cheap but also clueless.

Hopefully changes are made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:38 pm

The biggest change is Piolis firing. If the players quit it happened even before the season started. It may have happened when they let Carr walk and didnt even make an effort to sign Bowe. Though I agree Bowe shouldnt be given top 5 WR money long term. I could see players not reacting well to an organization not trying to lock up its best players. Especially knowing they are 20+ million under the cap and could have done it easily without hurting the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:42 pm

I think its safe to say that Pioli will be fired. Our entire staff will be "evaluated", most of which will be fired. We will draft a franchise QB, and will will also try to make a splash in free agency. I don't know if Kansas City has ever seen a backlash like this, and Clark is going to finally get involved and right the ship.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:43 pm

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:44 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
The biggest change is Piolis firing. If the players quit it happened even before the season started. It may have happened when they let Carr walk and didnt even make an effort to sign Bowe. Though I agree Bowe shouldnt be given top 5 WR money long term. I could see players not reacting well to an organization not trying to lock up its best players. Especially knowing they are 20+ million under the cap and could have done it easily without hurting the future.

At this point I think it's coming. It's just a matter of when. I don't really look for it until the end of the season. He may do with it with 3 or 4 games to go just to get a head start on the search.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:46 pm

LOL! Rust, where the fuck did you find that poster? That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Herm for GM and Gruden HC!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:53 pm

[quote="Chiefs09"]Herm for GM and Gruden HC!![/quote

I always was a Hermy fan while he was in KC! Never did like Gruden all that much but his kind of personality is exactly what this team needs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:56 pm

I just hope they dont look at college coaches for HC. Stoops would be the only one I wouldnt hate. and I do hate Oklahoma
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Stoops, Saban, and Chip Kelly would be the ones I'd be most interested in.

Who knows how Nick would have turned out for the Dolphins if he got Brees like he wanted, and if Ricky Williams didn't retire on him.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:59 pm

For College coaches that is.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:01 pm

Where did Tampas HC come from? I think he is a dick for the way he handles kneel downs but he seems to be fiery and sticks to his guns. He is gonna do well for Tampa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:06 pm

RustShack wrote:

and NFL?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Where did Tampas HC come from? I think he is a dick for the way he handles kneel downs but he seems to be fiery and sticks to his guns. He is gonna do well for Tampa

Rutgers. Prick beat Iowa State in their bowl game last year.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:22 pm

BigRatt wrote:
RustShack wrote:

and NFL?

Thats tough. Since Holmgrem wants to get into coaching and out of GM, I might be interested in that... especially if he were to hire someone like Rex Ryan or Riviera(if they get fired) to be his DC. Maybe even Andy Reid if hes fired.. I'd just really like someone who can develop a QB and put a good staff around him.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:24 pm

We already went the "retread" with Crennel, and the young up and comer with Haley. Both of those routes typically work a lot better than hiring someone with his own ring already. College seems to be the new trend now which until the last few years never worked.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:08 am

If we look at defensive minded coaches then I would like to see a Perry Fewell or Bob Ryan type. I could get down with Gruden as well because he knows his QBs. His little brother has done a pretty good job with Dalton and co.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:54 am

I want a HC with a QB and offensive background. Also one who will hire a former HC who was a great DC as his DC.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:35 am

Gruden would be perfect with a new QB. But I think Hunt is going to drag his heels and somebody else will pay the man first. I actually doubt he fires Pioli which means it will be another guy Pioli can have complete control over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redross006
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:10 am

If Pioli stays, which would not come as a huge suprise, it will be Josh McDaniels, the guy Pioli wanted all along. And I will be searching for a new team to cheer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redross006
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:25 am

This team needs Polian as its new GM. The man has had success whereever he has been. And he can take credit for his OWN success, unlike Pioli getting credit for Belechicks success.

And as far a HC goes... it has to one w/success as an NFL head coach. No OC's or DC's.(been ther done that). My short list would be...

Bill Cowher... although I thinks its highly unlikely.
Jon Gruden... also highly unlikely but not as unlikely.
Brian Billick... SB ring as HC.
Tony Dungy... History with Polian and successful resume. Yet unlikely he comes out of retirement.
Andy Reid. .. Although no SB wins he has been to 4 NFC title appearances and an appearance in SB XXXIX. All this depends on if the Eagles cut ties with him after this season. Hell he can bring Vick w/ him to mentor Geno Smith and then serve as backup QB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:58 pm

redross006 wrote:
This team needs Polian as its new GM. The man has had success whereever he has been. And he can take credit for his OWN success, unlike Pioli getting credit for Belechicks success.

And as far a HC goes... it has to one w/success as an NFL head coach. No OC's or DC's.(been ther done that). My short list would be...

Bill Cowher... although I thinks its highly unlikely.
Jon Gruden... also highly unlikely but not as unlikely.
Brian Billick... SB ring as HC.
Tony Dungy... History with Polian and successful resume. Yet unlikely he comes out of retirement.
Andy Reid. .. Although no SB wins he has been to 4 NFC title appearances and an appearance in SB XXXIX. All this depends on if the Eagles cut ties with him after this season. Hell he can bring Vick w/ him to mentor Geno Smith and then serve as backup QB.

Id be for Billick and Reid. Especially Reid. Dungy and Gruden would be easy passes though. Cowher is probably the most overrated coach as of the last 20 years.

If were gonna go the route of taking a coordinator and making him a head coach, Mike McCoy and Kyle Shanahan are my picks.

If we go with a college coach, I'd go with Chip Kelly from Oregon. Guy has been talked very highly of.

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers   

Back to top Go down

Thursday Night Football: Chiefs @ Chargers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next