ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Log in and make your voice heard! Quit lurking and Register!


Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!
 
Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 
 

 Pioli Extension Rumor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
avatar

Posts : 4463
Join date : 2010-03-25
Age : 28
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Pioli Extension Rumor   Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:21 pm

-Extension is in place. Clark will not announce it during the season for fear of people not attending games at the end of the season. Fan backlash during off-season has far less of an impact. Expect it around early February to be announced is what I was told.

-Clark will demand a first round QB be taken in April. He thinks that if Pioli takes one, public opinion will improve and the fanbase will return. Doesn't think this is the fans v. Pioli but the fans v. the quarterback position.

-Clark will be more involved in the entire football operation moving forward.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arrowheaddrive.com
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
avatar

Posts : 4463
Join date : 2010-03-25
Age : 28
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Clark is also selling one of his soccer teams.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arrowheaddrive.com
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2316
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:50 pm

Clark doesnt listen to fanbase much then. I hated Pioli long before most but it is the majority now for sure. No doubt most fans here want Pioli gone. It wont happen though. If Pioli isnt fired I hope he drafts Barkley and he turns out to be a bigger bust the J. Russel. Pioli is a moron that has lived off Bills and NEs accomplishments far too long. Plus he wont be able to bring in a decent HC cause he wants total control. Might as well make Pioli GM and HC since that is what he does anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
avatar

Posts : 4463
Join date : 2010-03-25
Age : 28
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 pm

Well if Clark is going to be more involved in the football operations side now, sounds like Pioli no longer has final say in coaches and players. I would assume that also means the HC will be aloud to do his job since it sounds like Pioli wont be top dog anymore.

Somewhat how Carls last few years, Herm ran the show after Clark stepped in.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arrowheaddrive.com
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2316
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:12 pm

Clark is going to tell the fans whatever it is he feels they need to here. Bottom line is Pioli is terrible at his job. If Clark feels he has to do Piolis job then is is laughable that he would give him an extension. But Hunt obviously doesnt care to much about being a laughable organization as they have very quickly become the laughingstock of the league. Ryan Succop is literally the only player Pioli has brought in living up to anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
avatar

Posts : 4463
Join date : 2010-03-25
Age : 28
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:44 am

It starts at the top and goes down. Owner needs to do his job. GM needs to do his job. HC needs to do his job. Coordinators need to do their jobs.

Clark didn't care. Hes selling his soccer team that he cares oh so much about, step in the right direction to focus on the Chiefs more.

Pioli had way too much freedom for a first time GM. Really overstepped his boundaries.

With Clark taking on his fare share now, and Pioli being forced to admit his mistake... things could get turned around.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the coaching staff. Commonly don't get fired after one year, but I could also see Crennel just retiring unless we end up making the playoffs this year.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arrowheaddrive.com
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
avatar

Posts : 4463
Join date : 2010-03-25
Age : 28
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:45 am

Or stepping down or something.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arrowheaddrive.com
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
avatar

Posts : 4463
Join date : 2010-03-25
Age : 28
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:50 am

I really have no idea what to expect in the offseason this year. Might be the weirdest situation I've ever seen the Chiefs in. But the positive is we should finally have a franchise QB.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arrowheaddrive.com
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2738
Join date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:08 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
Clark doesnt listen to fanbase much then. I hated Pioli long before most but it is the majority now for sure. No doubt most fans here want Pioli gone. It wont happen though. If Pioli isnt fired I hope he drafts Barkley and he turns out to be a bigger bust the J. Russel. Pioli is a moron that has lived off Bills and NEs accomplishments far too long. Plus he wont be able to bring in a decent HC cause he wants total control. Might as well make Pioli GM and HC since that is what he does anyway.

Come Now! There is no reason to set in your underwear and conjure up spirits to put curses on shit! I personally don't fucking what another Todd Blackledge situation. Get the QB right and everything else will fall in place. Fuck this pick up and we go thru this shit again.


Last edited by BigRatt on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2738
Join date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:13 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
Clark is going to tell the fans whatever it is he feels they need to here. Bottom line is Pioli is terrible at his job. If Clark feels he has to do Piolis job then is is laughable that he would give him an extension. But Hunt obviously doesnt care to much about being a laughable organization as they have very quickly become the laughingstock of the league. Ryan Succop is literally the only player Pioli has brought in living up to anything.

This isn't a talent problem as a whole. This is a QB mistake and a leadership problem with the coaching staff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
avatar

Posts : 4463
Join date : 2010-03-25
Age : 28
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:54 am

Every person who branched off from this tree has done the same thing. All have failed. Bill Bellichick went the same way where he got a veteran QB and switched to these schemes.

The difference is Bills QB got hurt, and he landed Tom Brady. If Pioli lands a QB in this draft, it will all fall into place.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arrowheaddrive.com
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
avatar

Posts : 4463
Join date : 2010-03-25
Age : 28
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:55 am

Dimitoroff is the only one who branched out and went with a young QB and went outside the tree. I think that is the direction Clark is having Pioli go.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arrowheaddrive.com
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
avatar

Posts : 856
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 39
Location : Mansfield, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:32 am

Don't understand why he would give Pioli an extension if he feels he needs to step in and be more involved. I mean I am glad Clark is doing so. But since he is it show he doesn't think Pioli is doing his job. Confused over this one. Glad he is putting his foot down on the QB that is awesome. Makes we wonder if it was Clark's decision on Quinn instead of Crennel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2316
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:40 am

No doubt it was Clarks decision. Crennel has nothing to do with who plays on this team. We have an idiot bitch for a HC right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2316
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:49 am

RustShack wrote:
Well if Clark is going to be more involved in the football operations side now, sounds like Pioli no longer has final say in coaches and players. I would assume that also means the HC will be aloud to do his job since it sounds like Pioli wont be top dog anymore.

Somewhat how Carls last few years, Herm ran the show after Clark stepped in.

If Pioli is doing such a bad job that Clark feels he has to step in then it is stupid as hell to extend him. Dont hear boss come in and say you are doing such a terrible job that I am going to do some of your job for you... and by the way I love the bad situation we are in so much I am going to give you an extension.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
avatar

Posts : 370
Join date : 2010-03-25
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:57 am

If I was in Pioli's position, I would put some real consideration in to taking multiple QBs in the draft this year. He can not afford to miss on this pick. We have so much talent right now, but if we keep losing then all the talent will want to leave when thier contracts run out and then we wont have anything left to surround a QB with. This team has got to be turned around immediately.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2738
Join date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:17 am

kcchiefs wrote:
If I was in Pioli's position, I would put some real consideration in to taking multiple QBs in the draft this year. He can not afford to miss on this pick. We have so much talent right now, but if we keep losing then all the talent will want to leave when thier contracts run out and then we wont have anything left to surround a QB with. This team has got to be turned around immediately.

Agreed! I think a good young QB could change Bowes mind. I say get your QB this year and franchise Bowe again. Sign Albert. Left Dorsey go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2738
Join date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:21 am

RustShack wrote:
Every person who branched off from this tree has done the same thing. All have failed. Bill Bellichick went the same way where he got a veteran QB and switched to these schemes.

The difference is Bills QB got hurt, and he landed Tom Brady. If Pioli lands a QB in this draft, it will all fall into place.

Getting lucky on Brady is the whole reason for their dynasty. A great QB can elevate everybody around him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
avatar

Posts : 856
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 39
Location : Mansfield, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:16 pm

BigRatt wrote:
RustShack wrote:
Every person who branched off from this tree has done the same thing. All have failed. Bill Bellichick went the same way where he got a veteran QB and switched to these schemes.

The difference is Bills QB got hurt, and he landed Tom Brady. If Pioli lands a QB in this draft, it will all fall into place.

Getting lucky on Brady is the whole reason for their dynasty. A great QB can elevate everybody around

him.

Agreed! Pioli or whoever cannot mess this up. It would set this team back to far. Back to complete rebuild mode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
avatar

Posts : 856
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 39
Location : Mansfield, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:26 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chiefs-hit-set-button-brady-quinn-front-office-022817800--nfl.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2316
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:38 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
RustShack wrote:
Every person who branched off from this tree has done the same thing. All have failed. Bill Bellichick went the same way where he got a veteran QB and switched to these schemes.

The difference is Bills QB got hurt, and he landed Tom Brady. If Pioli lands a QB in this draft, it will all fall into place.

Getting lucky on Brady is the whole reason for their dynasty. A great QB can elevate everybody around

him.

Agreed! Pioli or whoever cannot mess this up. It would set this team back to far. Back to complete rebuild mode.
They are in rebuild mode after this season. Gonna need new QB, at least 1 new DE if not. 2, their #1 WR is either gone or on a 1 year tag again. Baldwin hasnt shown anyhing to make anyone believe he is a legit 1 yet. Still need another ILB badly. a #2 and 3 CB . Sorry but this team has a hell of a lot more holes than just QB. 4 years into the Pioli era and we are about to begin the rebuild.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
avatar

Posts : 4463
Join date : 2010-03-25
Age : 28
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:40 pm

I think its a good thing that Clark is getting involved like most other owners no matter who the GM is...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arrowheaddrive.com
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2316
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:45 pm

RustShack wrote:
I think its a good thing that Clark is getting involved like most other owners no matter who the GM is...

We'll see. Talking about it and doing it arent the same. He hasnt ever done it so I have to see it first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Pioli Extension Rumor   

Back to top Go down
 
Pioli Extension Rumor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Windscreen extension
» Mirror Extension Ram Mount
» leg extension fairling
» Axle Extension
» Worktop extension & Bed Ladder

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARROWHEAD DRIVE :: The Lounge-
Jump to: