ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Chiefs and Chargers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who Wins? Chargers @ Chiefs
 Chargers
 Chiefs
View results
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Chiefs and Chargers   Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Dexter McCluster injury update isn't bad news

The news on Dexter McCluster and his injury are in and it's encouraging. KC Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel said on Wednesday that McCluster would be limited in practice, which is a good sign considering how nasty his injury looked.

By placing him limited, it suggests McCluster has a shot to play this weekend against the San Diego Chargers.

"Dexter has got an elbow and he'll be out there," Crennel said, via comments sent out by the Chiefs, "and he's going to be limited. We will not contact him. We're not going to have contact today anyway because they're not putting on pads today, but he'll be out there trying to see what he can do."

When you couple this with McCluster saying on Facebook earlier in the week that he's "feeling good" then I think you have to be encouraged. I was worried this would be a season-ending situation but it's not.

We'll have a better idea of McCluster's status later in the week but if I had to guess now he'll be limited every day and then questionable on Friday. We'll see what the Chiefs decide to do with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:25 pm

This team isn't making the playoffs. This is SD division to lose. This team is way too inconsistent. Cassel has to go. O line was awful. This is just a bad overrated FB team. We are going to get killed by the Ravens next week
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:39 pm

No its not. This team is full of young guys Scott Pioli has assembled so it is automatically great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Baltimore is coming in next week scared shitless because they know our guys will be one week older. Baltimore knows they have no chance against the Chiefs next week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:07 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
No its not. This team is full of young guys Scott Pioli has assembled so it is automatically great.

Jesus fucking Christ. Shut the fuck up.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:08 pm

redross006 wrote:
Hey Rust.... yeah you, the guy who thinks he knows more than anyone else..... 6 turnovers.... theres your Pioli led playoff team. Let's hear the excuses. This Chiefs team is a joke... only no ones laughing.

Hey nice to see you. Imagine that, after a loss again... never after a win?
?

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:11 pm

Brian Daboll..Crennel..Cassel...All have to fucking go. Dabolls offense is a fucking joke. We need to completely scrap this fucking coaching staff and start with a veteran Head Coach who's been there and done that. Not a stubborn HC who isnt willing to bring in a DC.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Im just sitting here in utter disbelief of how bad Matt fucking Cassel is but this team absolutely refuses to give up on this piece of shit. HE'S HAD 4 FUCKING YEARS TO DO SOMETHING. HE RODE THE #1 RUSHING ATTACK TO THE PLAYOFFS IN 2010. WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK. THATS ALL HE'S DONE IN HIS PATHETIC LIFE.

We gave 60 million fucking dollars to a piss poor excuse of a professional football player because he led a team capable of going 18-0 to a fucking 11-5 record, and even then wasnt that fucking impressive.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
Im just sitting here in utter disbelief of how bad Matt fucking Cassel is but this team absolutely refuses to give up on this piece of shit. HE'S HAD 4 FUCKING YEARS TO DO SOMETHING. HE RODE THE #1 RUSHING ATTACK TO THE PLAYOFFS IN 2010. WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK. THATS ALL HE'S DONE IN HIS PATHETIC LIFE.

We gave 60 million fucking dollars to a piss poor excuse of a professional football player because he led a team capable of going 18-0 to a fucking 11-5 record, and even then wasnt that fucking impressive.

Pioli gave him 60 mil. Pioli hired this HC. Pioli assembled this Def that has given up 136 in 4.The 1 common factor in this sorry excuse for an NFL team is Pioli
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:06 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

I understand the frustration. Sucks that 09 is still right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:49 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

I am not jesus christ. It just seems like it when everything I say about Pioli comes true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redross006
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:04 pm

RustShack wrote:
redross006 wrote:
Hey Rust.... yeah you, the guy who thinks he knows more than anyone else..... 6 turnovers.... theres your Pioli led playoff team. Let's hear the excuses. This Chiefs team is a joke... only no ones laughing.

Hey nice to see you. Imagine that, after a loss again... never after a win?
?
Yeah because barely beating a bad team in overtime makes us a contender. You truly are a joke but so is this team right now so I guess its a match made in heaven.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:10 pm

Well if you do only show up after a loss I imagine we will be seeing a lot of you this year redross. Unless Pioli gives Crennel permission to put in Quinn. Then we will go undefeated because with a good QB our D wont give up 34 pts a game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:11 pm

I'm sorry... I said good QB and I meant great one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:12 am

By Joel Thorman on Sep 30, 8:25p

Romeo Crennel said he didn't understand what happened with the team in the 37-20 loss to the Chargers.

The first step is always identifying the problem and the Kansas City Chiefs are unsure of what their problem is. (I bet some of you could tell them what it is.)

That's what jumped out at me listening to Romeo Crennel talk after Sunday's loss to the Chargers: he doesn't know what's wrong with the team.

Romeo: 'I'm staying with the quarterback' | Jamaal: 'My performance sucked today'

"We didn't play a very good football game today in any phase -- offense, defense or special teams -- and it shows on the scoreboard," Crennel said. "I don't understand what happened with the team. I thought it was uncharacteristic, the way we turned the ball over today because we hadn't been doing that in all phases. We turned it over just about everywhere today."

The way the Chiefs lost is uncharacteristic -- turning it over six times. But the Chiefs losing, and losing at home for that matter, are not uncharacteristic.

The Chiefs have lost six of their last seven at home. Think about that. The only game they've won at Arrowhead since the last time they played the Chargers was that Packers game.

And there's no answer for it.

What kind of world do we live in where Jackie Battle is coming back and scoring two touchdowns against the Chiefs. Jackie Battle!

The Chiefs three losses this season have all come by more than two scores. They're not only losing but they're having meltdowns -- on both sides of the ball. That seems like a coaching issue. I'm not absolving the players of blame -- there are players to blame, some more than others -- but this team has too much talent to consistently being blown out like this.

"Defense, we were unable to stop anybody," Crennel continued. "and then the offense, we turned the ball over. It's hard to win when you do that."

That's pretty much the same story in all the games so far this season with only spurts of good play, some longer than others.

Here's my point: I can believe that the Chiefs aren't as good as I thought they were going to be. I can live with that because I can overrate my team. But I can't accept that they're one of the three or four worst teams in the league because that's what they're playing like.

Are the Chiefs the Browns? The Jags? The Raiders? They're so much better than that (I think) but what I say matters very little. What the Chiefs do is what actually matters and right now what they're doing is playing like a down in the dumps, shitty football team.

The good news is that the AFC West is hardly full of dynasties. Like last year, making this season competitive isn't out of the question. But it's hard to feel a lot lower about this team because, after the win last week, we actually had expectations.

There's all this pent up anger about this team. What's going to happen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:13 am

Crennell doesn't have a clue! This is not good.

Last edited by BigRatt on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:14 am

By Joel Thorman on Sep 30, 7:21p

Romeo Crennel said after the game that Matt Cassel would remain his quarterback.

To answer your question: Yes, Matt Cassel will be starting for the KC Chiefs next week.

Romeo Crennel opened up his postgame press conference following Sunday's game against the San Diego Chargers with a few remarks to the media and without being questioned he said Cassel would remain the Chiefs starting quarterback.

"I know there will be some questions about the quarterback. I'm staying with the quarterback and I stayed with him during the course of the game. I stayed with [Jamaal] Charles during the course of the game. And we're going to stay with him going forward at the moment."

I should highlight: "...at the moment." In reality, every position is "at the moment" because any coach would make any switch necessary to get a win.

But I think the Chiefs coaches are realistic -- Brady Quinn isn't obviously better than Cassel. There's the argument there for change for change's sake if things keep getting worse and maybe I can understand that.

Danny Parkins of 610 Sports asked Cassel during his postgame presser if Romeo had talked to him about making a change, and Cassel said no.

The turnovers have to stop. That's problem No. 1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:52 am

Terrell Owens was a cancer for calling out his QB's, but I want Bowe to do it to the worst way in Cassel. Make it publicly known that Matt Cassel is the problem, and we will love you so much more.

Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:55 am

Matt Cassel is part of the problem, but we still can't stop anybody....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:40 am

Cassel, Defense, Oline. We suck period. It all comes down to the coach and gm. The players don't believe. It's not that we are getting beat. We are getting killed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:45 am

Being an NFL QB should be like any other job in the world. If you dont perform up to expectation you should be relieved of your duties. Cassel is one of the worst starting NFL QBs I have ever seen. He stares down his targets and cannot throw the ball past 20 yards with any accuracy. He might have a great attitude and be a good leader but, he is leading this team straight down the shitter. His inabilities affect everyone else on the team. It is so demoralizing when your QB is as inaffective as he is. If I were NFL team playing the chiefs I would put 8 in the box and just beat the shit out of Charles. PUT QUINN IN!!!! HE CANT BE WORSE. HELL PUT STANZI IN AND GIVE HIM A CHANCE. SIGN GARRARD AND GIVE HIM A CHANCE. FUCKING DO SOMETHING NOW!!!!

I hope some change happens soon at the QB position. If it doesnt I might drive down there and go postal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:47 am

I bet Kyle Orton is laughing his fucking ass off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:49 am

Hell maybe we should give Colquit a chance his pass looked just as good as Cassels!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:51 am

Seen this post on another site from a Chief fan. Pretty much says it all.

There is no doubt that Quinn is not any better, but Cassel needs to be done,
The statement to the team is the important part. Cassel should not get another snap. Put Quinn in, and if he is terrible to, you put in Stanzi and when he is terrible too, you fire Pioli for turning a blind eye for the last 4 years to the fact that Cassel is not a starting calibre QB and for his failure to put a backup QB on the roster that is not good enough to push the worse starting QB in the league for playing time.
that bringing in competition
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:05 pm

Another thing that has really hurt the Chiefs in recent years is our starting safeties getting hurt. Teams just come in and pick our backup safeties apart deep.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:39 pm

RustShack wrote:
Another thing that has really hurt the Chiefs in recent years is our starting safeties getting hurt. Teams just come in and pick our backup safeties apart deep.

I was hoping to get Lewis back but it didn't happen. Maybe he will be ready to go this week. Gates schooled Berry. 1st time I really have seen that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Chargers   

Back to top Go down

Chiefs and Chargers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next