ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

NFL Draft Watch Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Who are some players to watch, scouting reports, and guys the Chiefs should target this time of the year?

AuthorMessage
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:43 am

Kansas City Chiefs- Geno Smith QB West Virginia: Can you believe the Chiefs were picked by some experts to win the AFC West? Yeah, they forgot one thing, Matt Cassel sucks. Geno Smith is looking like the real deal after throwing eight touchdowns last week. I will not be surprised if some team trades up for him in April but for now the Chiefs land their Franchise signal caller to revive their struggling team.

This is at 5 on yardbarker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:04 pm

Geno smith has an unreal arm and the smarts to go with it. I hope we have shot to get someone like this on our team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:06 pm

I wish we would have just sucked for Luck last year. Geno isn't as good of a prospect, but hes still a franchise QB.

Cleveland has to hit on a QB eventually, how many first round QB's have the taken?

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:31 pm

[quote="RustShack"]I wish we would have just sucked for Luck last year. Geno isn't as good of a prospect, but hes still a franchise QB.

Cleveland has to hit on a QB eventually, how many first round QB's have the taken?[/quote

Once they finally do it will make all the difference in the world. that is why you keep taking the shots til you get one. Unless you are Indy and you just go from Peyton to the next Peyton without missing a beat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:57 pm

RustShack wrote:
I wish we would have just sucked for Luck last year. Geno isn't as good of a prospect, but hes still a franchise QB.

Cleveland has to hit on a QB eventually, how many first round QB's have the taken?

Sucking for RG3 would've been nice as well! Anybody is better than this shitbird Cassel!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Hes for sure a big upgrade.. but I don't think QB's like him, Newton, Vick will win SB's anytime soon either. I'd prefer the type like Luck or Smith... guys more like Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:53 pm

RustShack wrote:
Hes for sure a big upgrade.. but I don't think QB's like him, Newton, Vick will win SB's anytime soon either. I'd prefer the type like Luck or Smith... guys more like Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers.

Thats racist.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:59 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
RustShack wrote:

Thats racist.

It would be, if Geno Smith wasn't black.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:31 pm

Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Laundry Jones... I don't care. Get me a first round QB this year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:52 pm

SylvesterMalone1978 wrote:
Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Laundry Jones... I don't care. Get me a first round QB this year!
If they take Jones we will be worse off than we are now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Hes not worse than Cassel!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:20 am

SylvesterMalone1978 wrote:

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:11 pm

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay are talking about how theres no elite QB, LT, or pass rushers in this years draft. The last time there was no elite talent at the top of the draft was when we had the #3 pick and took Tyson Jackson. How lucky of us to get the top pick in another elite lacking draft! At least overall the draft isn't as bad as that one.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:16 pm

Scouts Top 32

1. Star Lotulelei DT Utah 96
2. Barkevious Mingo* DE LSU 96
3. Bjoern Werner* DE Florida St 95
4. Jarvis Jones* OLB Georgia 95
5. Chance Warmack G Alabama 95
6. Geno Smith QB W. Virginia 95
7. Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame 95
8. Sylvester Williams DT N. Carolina 94
9. Dee Milliner* CB Alabama 94
10. Jonathan Cooper OG N. Carolina 94
11. Johnathan Hankins* DT Ohio State 93
12. Matt Barkley QB USC 93
13. Luke Joeckel* OT Texas A&M 93
14. Alec Ogletree* ILB Georgia 93
15. Damontre Moore* DE Texas A&M 93
16. Dallas Thomas OT Tennessee 92
17. Corey Lemonier* DE Auburn 92
18. Johnathan Jenkins DT Georgia 92
19. Cornellius Carradine DE Florida St. 91
20. Justin Hunter* WR Tennessee 91
21. Sam Montgomery* DE LSU 90
22. Robert Woods* WR USC 90
23. Kenny Vaccaro S Texas 90
24. Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri 90
25. Keenan Allen* WR California 89
26. Kawann Short DT Purdue 89
27. Bennie Logan* DT LSU 88
28. Marcus Lattimore* RB S. Carolina 88
29. Shariff Floyd* DT Florida 87
30. Dion Jordan DE Oregon 87
31. Shawn Williams S Georgia 87
32. Jesse Williams DT Alabama 87

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:59 pm

RustShack wrote:
Mel Kiper and Todd McShay are talking about how theres no elite QB, LT, or pass rushers in this years draft. The last time there was no elite talent at the top of the draft was when we had the #3 pick and took Tyson Jackson. How lucky of us to get the top pick in another elite lacking draft! At least overall the draft isn't as bad as that one.

We are going to have to take one. Unless they get a guy like Matt Schaub as a stop gap. I'm personally ready to draft a guy regardless. I wish we would have gotten one last year. I would've traded picks, players, etc, for one last year. I'm ok with a guy like Geno though. Probally be ok with Tyler Wilson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:21 pm

Give Up For Geno?

I'll admit. That title, was to get you to click on it.

For the first time in 25+ years, the Kansas City Chiefs are in the legitimate conversation to receive the no.1 overall pick in the draft. As depressing as that fact is, it should be giving fans smiles. The no.1 overall pick has produced the likes of Peyton Manning, Eli Manning..... Troy Aikman....John Elway....

Okay, so the no.1 overall pick isn't exactly a pathway to an NFL championship (NBA, yes, NFL no)

In the last 25 years... only 6 no.1 picks have started in a Super Bowl with the team that drafted them. 2 of those six were on the Dynasty Dallas Cowboys team. 1 of those was Drew Bledsoe, and we know how he did in his only performance.

TWICE has the 1st overall pick been traded in the past 25 years. Both times the AFC West Rival - San Diego - made the movie.

The first move could be called a wash. Atlanta traded the farm for Michael Vick. Both teams succeeded but never reached a championship w/ Drew Brees+LT or Vick.

The second move was more catastrophic. Eli Manning, who had been named the no.1 overall pick since signing at Ole Miss , did not want to play in San Diego. The Giants traded up for Manning. He has won 2 Super Bowls. The Chargers remained competitive, but have yet to reach one w/ Phillip Rivers.

Regardless of GM or Head Coach. I've said since the beginning. Owners draft QBs.

Most NFL owners relate to Quarterbacks. They were generals within their own career paths. They were at the hot spot of pressure.

Quarterbacks also cause spikes in ticket sales as well as merchandise. Indianapolis was able to take the loss of Peyton Manning fairly easily with the addition of Andrew Luck. The Chiefs have NOT had a Quarterback outsell a utility player in jerseys since Joe Montana. (Cassel came close but lose out to Larry Johnson in year 1).

The Hunts have been good owners to a fault. Marty Shottenheimer was consistent at putting one of the best defenses in the league on the field. The team suffered in 4th quarters when it was down 1-2 touchdowns. Montana, Grbac ,Green - the Chiefs preferred to have a Quarterback that was ready now than ready later. The philosophy , almost consistently was the ONLY option for Kansas City as well. They either drafted TOO LOW to actually get an impact player OR they already had a solid option at QB and didn't feel the need to develop under him. CASE AND POINT - Derrick Johnson in 2005 OVER Aaron Rodgers (Trent Green). Jon Baldwin over Andy Dalton (Matt Cassel). Bottom line - the Hunts don't hate the quarterback position, they just prefer not going into a season w/ a rookie starting QB out of fear that the fanbase might lose interest in the team.

The worst move? Might have been in the last draft 2012. The top 3 quarterbacks were taken. HOWEVER, Dallas (who signed 2 of our best players from 2011 ) traded up to St. Louis to get Morris Claiborne. It cost Dallas a 1st and 2nd round pick. Why should this matter?

Kansas City looked at Ryan Tannehill 3x prior to the draft. It was all but public knowledge that Miami (who hired Tannehill's former HC to become OC) would draft Tannehill at no.7. Some conventions might state that Miami was ready & willing to offer an equal trade to St. Louis IF Kansas City made a call to St. Louis. That is very possible. But St. Louis & Jeff Fischer could have bluffed and taken a deal from Miami ... .infact Pioli and Kansas City would have gladly taken that bluff if it allowed Claiborne, Barron, Kuechly to fall (the two players which were stated to be very high on Pioli's list).

To the present-future predicament

Matt Barkley and Geno Smith do not look like - and are not playing like - No.1 overall picks. It's been proven that both will struggle outside of their specific schemes.

When Smith's WRs were not physical enough against Texas Tech or K-State he wasn't able to complete accurate passes. When Barkley's line broke down, he appeared to lose focus and that caused INTs.

Smith and Barkley are the top 2 QBs in the NFL draft. The only QB on anyone's radar that could lift off (ala Tannehill) is AJ McCarron of Alabama.. McCarron has been subject to playing in a run first offense - but when he has been allowed to pass he's looked Aaron Rodgers-esque . Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, and Tyler Wilson appear to be sheep in wolves clothing - although they might be drafted higher.

Who will draft a QB in the 1st Round

For Certain - New York Jets. Buffalo Bills. Kansas City Chiefs. Oakland Raiders. Dallas Cowboys.

Potentially - Philadelphia Eagles. Arizona Cardinals

Wouldn't Be Shocked - St. Louis Rams, Jacksonville Jaguars, Baltimore Ravens

Clark Hunt

Regardless of position in the draft. Clark Hunt will draft a quarterback OVER any other single skillset positional player. He doesn't have a choice. Manti Te'o might be the next Ray Lewis, but we'll likely draft a QB that grades lower in this year's draft than last year's 2nd-4th round QBs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:50 pm

Sad that the need for QB is this bad and it could wind up killing us drafting one this year. Wonder if they would trade back a little ,draft Teo, then use what they got going back to move back up and take McCarron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:20 am

Dalton and Tannehill are both better than anything coming out this year. I still say Geno though unless they have the guts to trade the pick and get one of the other guys. Gonna be too much fan pressure not to draft one 1 overall though. Best football move would be to trade back a little and take Wilson or McCarron but best PR move is to draft Barkley or Geno #1. Really bad spot for Hunt and whoever the GM is in the draft room next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:26 am

MOCKING THE DRAFT
2013 NFL Draft: How good of a prospect is A.J. McCarron?

By Matthew Fairburn on Nov 1, 8:00a
Matthew Emmons-US PRESSWIRE
A.J. McCarron is outperforming the rest of the junior quarterbacks this season, but is he the best NFL Draft prospect of the bunch?

SHARE ON FACEBOOK

SHARE ON TWITTER
Before the start of the 2012 college football season, Tyler Bray, Logan Thomas and Aaron Murray were the junior quarterbacks getting all of the love.

That trio heard draftniks (myself included) hype up their talents and envisioned them making big plays in the NFL. While the three of them have disappointed throughout the year, Alabama's A.J. McCarron has picked up some of the slack for his teammates.

Granted, McCarron is surrounded by tons of talent and playing with the best defense in college football, but his play has been impressive this season, and he is creeping his way up draft boards, showing a legitimate NFL skill set.

Let's take a look at where his strengths and weaknesses are, and just how good of a prospect he can become.

Strengths:

Height

This seems a bit obvious, but at 6-feet-4-inches tall, McCarron has ideal height for the NFL. He has a nice, high release point and is able to see over the defensive line with ease. His mechanics are sound, though his release could stand to be a bit quicker.

Accuracy and Ball Placement

McCarron has been deadly accurate this season in all areas of the field. He puts great touch on his deep passes, hitting receivers in stride. He also has solid accuracy off of play action and throws one of the most catchable balls in the entire country. He is completing nearly 70-percent of his passes, a testament to his accuracy.

Athleticism

I don't think McCarron is going to blow anyone away at the combine with his speed, but he has shown an ability to move around the pocket and keep plays going with his feet. He isn't a huge threat to run, but the athleticism to move around the pocket is a trait that would make Tyler Bray very jealous.

Decision making

Agan, this one is almost too obvious, but McCarron hasn't thrown an interception all season long. He has 18 touchdowns and not a single pick. NFL teams will love his ability to take care of the football.

Weaknesses:

Arm Strength

A.J. McCarron's arm strength is not as much of a deficiency as I once thought it was. He has definitely made strides in this area, completing some beautiful deep balls on a weekly basis. My issue with McCarron is that I haven't seen him consistently fit balls into tight windows. He hasn't had to a lot of the time, but that's something I would like to see him prove throughout the rest of the season.

Pocket presence

McCarron plays behind one of the best offensive lines in college football, so he isn't pressured often. However, when he is pressured, McCarron's has a tough time standing in against the rush and making throws because he simply isn't strong enough. His mechanics will sometimes break down or he just won't be able to make a play. I think his footwork in the pocket is sound, and he avoids rushers with his feet pretty well, but being able to stand in against the rush and make a strong throw is important. That seems to be lacking in McCarron's game.

Verdict

McCarron is a rapidly improving prospect who is outperforming all of his classmates at this point. I think he will ultimately return to school for his senior season, because he needs to continue to get bigger and strong to improve his chances of success in the NFL. His leadership, decision making and accuracy are all on a very high level. McCarron just needs to get a bit stronger.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:27 am

Looks like all those guys may return and the 14 class will be loaded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:25 am

I'd take Geno over both Dalton and Tannahill.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:20 am

You also loved Quinn and Clausen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:47 am

but yes if they do have the #1 pick and arent smart enough to move out of it Geno should be the pick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
You also loved Quinn and Clausen

Both had stellar college careers. Quinn was thought of as a top 10 pick.

Clausen was thought of as a top 20 pick and with Weis as our OC it made alot of sense to take him at the time.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:33 pm

At this point right now I really dont give a damn who we draft. Smith, Barkley, Wilson..I dont give a damn. They are all at worst decent game managers. Smith and Wilson have the most potential of the 3..but as long as we go QB I dont give a shit anymore. This crap were watching is making me sick every single week.

PostSubject: Re: NFL Draft Watch Thread   

Back to top Go down

NFL Draft Watch Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next