ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Around the league

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Around the league   Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just seeing if anyone is interested in NFL discussion outside the same round and round stuff been goin on.

Been a big opening week already. Cwboys Giants over with... that piece of shit Modell died (cant wait to here Cleveland fans boo out loud during the moment of silence)... and the punishments for bountygate temporarily vacated.
While I agree there should be some punishment its hard to determine how severe if Goodell doesnt really have the hard evidence he claims. And I do believe just about every team does it in some form.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:58 am

You have realist fans and homer fans. nothing wrong with either one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:05 am

I bet the c/g they got today was a great pick up by Pioli to. nevermind he wasnt good enough to stay with the Cardinals (an Oline that ranks up there with the Bears).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:06 am

I hated Cassel before anyone else here, and more than anyone else has. I had high hopes of him improving after a Pro Bowl year where we went to the playoffs, but thats about it.

You resorting to your extreme views and calling me a Pioli lover and saying I think all his players are future HOF players just proves you have nothing and have to make ridiculous exaggerations.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:11 am

Romeo Crennel must be a god awful DC though. I mean, moving Daniels to Safety instead of Flowers? Why didn't he move Berry to CB when Flowers was out either?

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:12 am

I thought Cassell would get to the level he was at with the Pats when he was brought in. It hasn't happened. Time to move on!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:15 am

The difference between us, is I cheer for the Chiefs and hope that players, such as Cassel can improve just like guys such as Gannon, Green, Warner, and the list goes on. I hope that Jackson can live up to his potential.

I don't hate everything the Chiefs do, and I'm not stupid enough to think players are maxed out after just a year or two.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:16 am

I said Cassel sucked the day we made the move. and I knew he sucked even during the fluke year we were playing high school level teams (which was not even considered by anyone else on here). Yes I exaggerate because the way you want to suck Pioli off is crazy. It is true he has never done anything wrong here in your mind. No draft pick was wrong (even though Poe was before Pioli picked him), no offseason pick up, and letting a very good CB walk to be cheap wasnt even wrong. Pioli doing no wrong isnt even close to exagerrating. But yes I have fun exaggerating the level of his players. Only because of your love for Jackson though. Dude is horrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:18 am

RustShack wrote:
The difference between us, is I cheer for the Chiefs and hope that players, such as Cassel can improve just like guys such as Gannon, Green, Warner, and the list goes on. I hope that Jackson can live up to his potential.

I don't hate everything the Chiefs do, and I'm not stupid enough to think players are maxed out after just a year or two.

Difference between being a fan and a hater! Well said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:21 am

I dont hate everything they do either. I have said (more than once) that Berry was the best draft pick ever in KC. I also like picking up Winston, Boss, and Hillis (though I would have rather had Tolbert). But Piolis mistakes far outweigh his good pick ups. Whiffing on QB is pretty big deal. Whiffing at the 3 pick is big deal in the NFL too. And reaching on every round of the draft is big deal too (2012)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:22 am

I cheer for both the Chiefs and Royals, but I'm not stupid enough to pretend either is even close to winning it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:30 am

And yes I am a Pioli hater. only because I want the chiefs to win though. At least the Royals have the excuse of the economics in baseball. Pioli is gonna run the Chiefs into the ground with an even playing field.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:34 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
I dont hate everything they do either. I have said (more than once) that Berry was the best draft pick ever in KC. I also like picking up Winston, Boss, and Hillis (though I would have rather had Tolbert). But Piolis mistakes far outweigh his good pick ups. Whiffing on QB is pretty big deal. Whiffing at the 3 pick is big deal in the NFL too. And reaching on every round of the draft is big deal too (2012)

Teams whiff on QB's all the time. Its a crap shoot! 9 or 10 teams out of the top 12 whiffed in the 09 Draft. But hey, my pick and your pick did so much better! Curry is not even on the team that drafted him anymore. While you side seat drive with 20/20 vision, it's not as easy as it seems in real life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:36 am

This is the NFL, talent levels might be the closest of any sport at any level between every team. The 49ers were projected to be really good a few years ago because they were just stacked. They sucked that year and hired a new coach then did pretty well last year, and their team looks even better this year. The talent levels are so close that the difference is coaching, players drive and techniques, and clicking as a team. Thats why continuity and time together is huge.

The Chiefs week 1 last year was a set of better individuals(besides QB) that the end of the year, but they were a far better "team" at the end of the year. Not all because of Orton either, hes a minor upgrade if that, they just do different things well.

If Crennel gets this team clicking again like he did at the end of the year, this is a good team. We showed flashes the first half against the Falcons, and the second half against the Saints.

I've said this a time or two before, but a pretty decent amount of SB teams the last few years were one of the lowest paid and youngest rosters about 3-4 years before winning the Super Bowl. Packers, Colts, and Steelers come to mind for sure, and wouldn't surprise me if others were the same way too.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:40 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
And yes I am a Pioli hater. only because I want the chiefs to win though. At least the Royals have the excuse of the economics in baseball. Pioli is gonna run the Chiefs into the ground with an even playing field.

Its OK, I was a Carl hater. I hated him because he made all the moves you want Pioli to make. I like Pioli because he makes all the moves I wanted Carl to make. I'm sure you remember back to the PSD/DSP days where I was essentially you on the forum.

I really dislike we haven't drafted a QB yet, and that he goes after way too many former Patriots... but overall I think hes doing everything else the right way. And I give a little slack because we haven't been in position to do a whole lot better than Cassel, and that the Jackson draft was known as the worst in NFL history going in. He was also a first year GM drafting with a leftover scouting department that didn't fit his mold.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:31 am

Its just sad that 90% of the good talent on this team are guys that were here before Pioli got here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:51 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Its just sad that 90% of the good talent on this team are guys that were here before Pioli got here.

90%? Really? Its just sad that the talent that was here prior to Pioli wasnt even worth a damn. Bowe came in to camp at what? 240 or some shit? Charles was on the bench. Flowers and Carr were good because of Herm. Pioli brought in a coach that lit a fire under their asses and made them great.

Talent really isnt everything. Coaching has just as much to do with it. Unless your Cassel. You can coach his ass all you want and still get shit for a product.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Coaching you say? We brought in this great df mind coach that is so good he doesnt even need a def cord yet we have given up like 100 in 3 games. Maybe last years spark was actually from a HC being fired rather than the one we got. No way... Pioli is god and gave us the best HC ever I know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:04 pm

This just in, Kansas City would be the first team in history to start out slow under a new HC and OC. No team has ever in the history of the league started 0-2 and made the playoffs.

We have the same record as the Packers, Patriots, Steelers, Lions, and the almighty Luck/RG3. We also have a better record than the Saints. We are the suck.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Coaching you say? We brought in this great df mind coach that is so good he doesnt even need a def cord yet we have given up like 100 in 3 games. Maybe last years spark was actually from a HC being fired rather than the one we got. No way... Pioli is god and gave us the best HC ever I know.

NFL isnt a game about how you start, but how you finish. The defense will gel as the season goes on, much like last season. As long as Cassel doesnt play like an douchebag, we'll be in it.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:36 pm

RustShack wrote:
This just in, Kansas City would be the first team in history to start out slow under a new HC and OC. No team has ever in the history of the league started 0-2 and made the playoffs.

We have the same record as the Packers, Patriots, Steelers, Lions, and the almighty Luck/RG3. We also have a better record than the Saints. We are the suck.

You have to win every game in shutout fashion to be worthy of the playoffs.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:06 pm

I wouldnt expect washington to be better now but are set up better in the long run with a future great QB. And those other teams have already proven to be good franchises capable of recovering. When was KCs last playoff win? We ate closer to the Jaguars than we are NE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Lol what? The Chiefs are the only team without a player over 30, and we are one of the youngest teams. We are more set up for the long run than the Redskins. Actually the Redskins are fucked in the long run, the Rams set themselves up by making that trade.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Young means something if you you god young talent. they could go out and get 53 peewee football players and be even younger but what good would that do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:07 am

RustShack wrote:
Lol what? The Chiefs are the only team without a player over 30, and we are one of the youngest teams. We are more set up for the long run than the Redskins. Actually the Redskins are fucked in the long run, the Rams set themselves up by making that trade.

I think the Skins are good to go. I have liked what i have seen from RG3 so far! He's polished more than I thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:20 am

But you cant build a team without 1st rnd picks the next couple yrs, it is impossible. that is some funny shit. Much better to shoot for 8-8 every year than trade up and get a guy you think can be a superstar QB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Around the league   

Back to top Go down

Around the league
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next