ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

There is someone with a brain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: There is someone with a brain   Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:33 am

← New Jack City: Crown Jewels Play Into Vegas WinDonnelly: Sporting Dominates in 1-1 Draw With Red Bulls. Sound Familiar? →
Glazer: Scott Pioli is the Reason Chiefs Will Continue to Suck
Posted on August 27, 2012 by Craig Glazer
Not so Great Scott!

Chief general manager Scott Pioli came to KC to replace Carl Peterson in 2009. Carl had slipped badly and the team never advanced further than a single playoff win in 1993. Carl’s five year plan for a Super Bowl had failed 4 times over 20 years. He’d become more than arrogant, downright hateful, mean and nasty and truly believed he was the face of Kansas City.

Know what? Maybe he was.

I most remember him going to our airport with George Brett – which was televised – to meet President Bush. So it was Carl, not the mayor, who represented Kansas City. But the Chiefs, the fans and the media were tired of Boss Carl. Not just because he was a vicious prick, but because he couldn’t win anymore.

With Marty Schottenheimer the team had been exciting, a regular play off caliber group that was popular, not just here, but around the nation. But after Marty was dumped the team fell apart and never recovered.

There have been no great or even very good teams since Marty left in 1998.

Again, you don’t have to remind me of our three phony playoff teams.

So along came Scott Pioli to fix all this mess.

After all, he was the V.P. of the New England Patriots, a team that won three Super Bowls on his watch. I think maybe Pioli gets a little too much credit for the PATRIOT WAY winners.

He didn’t run the team, he was one of the main men with personal to be sure, but give a little credit to Coach Bill Belichick.

Scott then picked his quarterback, Matt THE FRANCHISE Cassel, his coach, Todd Haley, and drafted first round picks Tyson Jackson, Eric Berry, Jonathan Baldwin and Dontari Poe. To this point Berry and Baldwin show potential, Jackson is a bust and Poe is a we don’t know anything yet guy.

The rest of Scott’s draft is at best suspect or to be more fair, not very impressive.

At this point Pioli has given the Chiefs no big time star. Eric Berry is coming off an injury and he may never be the same. Eric gave us one nice season, that’s all.

The Chiefs now look lost.

So a team many felt would compete for the division title looks to be a candidate for LAST PLACE.

Not good.

Todd Haley is gone and now Scott has his new guy Romeo Crennel as head coach. Nobody is real excited about this pick. Romeo’s a nice guy, class act, great D coach, but head coach…at Cleveland…well, they stunk.

So far Scott has mimicked Carl Peterson in almost every way.

He doesn’t allow anyone to give real answers on most anything from injury to information on who is doing what, or even how anyone is doing. Romeo is a bit more open mouthed, but Scott reportedly had people’s offices bugged, according to Haley. He’ alsos more than a little arrogant – not a people person – and has a poor relationship with media and doesn’t care. He pretends to care about fans but he doesn’t.

Pioli cares only about himself…and his power.

If this team wins only 5, 6 or 7 games will Pioli be fired? He should be for sure, because his tenure is a failure already.

Barring a miracle, the deal for Matt at quarterback was a killer. As of today one could argue Cassel is one of the four or five worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL.

Hey, we have six rookies starting at quarterback in the NFL this season and Matt is worse than almost all of them.

Unfortunately the answer is no, Pioli won’t be fired.

Clark Hunt is just not a strong leader, so he likely won’t fire Pioli for another two to four years unless the Chiefs continue to win only 5 or 6 games. Clark will allow Scott to draft his NEXT GUY at quarterback, thus buying Scott a couple more seasons to hope.

Romeo will get the axe and be the scapegoat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: There is someone with a brain   Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:54 pm

I don't think the guy who wrote the article realizes that the Chiefs were a blocked FG(two actually) from winning the division and being in the playoffs again. Romeo Crennel beat the Packers, and should have been undefeated(again the blocked field goals among other things).

I also don't think he realized we are essentially the same team, except we have another year of experience to build on and we add Charles, Hillis, Berry, Moeaki, Boss, Winston, Hudson, and Siler. We also add rookie NT Poe who is a physical freak at his position, and an OG who has the potential to unseat Lilja. We also have guys like Baldwin, McCluster, and Jackson primed to bust out this year.

The Chiefs aren't going to be bad, Romeo isn't getting fired(more likely get coach of the year), and Pioli isn't getting fired either. Chiefs are winning a playoff game this year, and you don't fire a GM for doing that after inheriting arguably the worst team in football just a few years earlier.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: There is someone with a brain   Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:52 pm

Suck is too strong a word. I dont think they will suck obviously. I think they win the west.
But what KC is gonna be under Pioli is a 7-9 to 10-6 team that isnt gonna be dominant over anybody. Always picking in the middle of the draft or first playoff team out pick in the early 20's. If you are happy winning the west every 3 years and never being SB threats then hes great. He has reached far too much in the draft to not get burnt. This year being the worst for reaching. He reached in all the 1st 3 rnds this year. hell the guys in 2 and 3 would have been there in 4 and 5. but I guess if you take the draft for need approach every year you are gonna reach a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: There is someone with a brain   Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:03 pm

Quit acting like you have any clue who would still be on the board, and how they are going to turn out. You would be working with an NFL team if you did, because they don't even know. If there was a perfect science, you would see zero busts.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: There is someone with a brain   Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Pioli hasn't even been here long enough to build a Super Bowl team, you just don't understand how bad the team was, and how long it takes to turn that around. Look at how long its taken Houston to get good after being added. With only 7 picks in a draft, and no GM ever hits on all seven every year with 53 spots to fill, it takes a while to build a team.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: There is someone with a brain   Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:14 pm

I understand you dont hit on all your picks. but that is why you probably shouldnt reach on 80% of them either. logic would dictate that if you constantly reach you are inevitably gonna miss more often than most.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: There is someone with a brain   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:33 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Suck is too strong a word. I dont think they will suck obviously. I think they win the west.
But what KC is gonna be under Pioli is a 7-9 to 10-6 team that isnt gonna be dominant over anybody. Always picking in the middle of the draft or first playoff team out pick in the early 20's. If you are happy winning the west every 3 years and never being SB threats then hes great. He has reached far too much in the draft to not get burnt. This year being the worst for reaching. He reached in all the 1st 3 rnds this year. hell the guys in 2 and 3 would have been there in 4 and 5. but I guess if you take the draft for need approach every year you are gonna reach a lot.

You bitterly hate Pioli and think he's no good for us, but you pick us to win the division.

Makes sense.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: There is someone with a brain   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:39 pm

I pick us to win the division because its the second worst division in all of football and we still have good talent left over from Carl. But I want to contend for a SB I dont want to compete for a bad division. with our division so bad I want to smash it. I understand that even if we win the division we are no threat to win the AFC. I even pick us to win this week at home. I've picked my royals to win a few times to this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: There is someone with a brain   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
I pick us to win the division because its the second worst division in all of football and we still have good talent left over from Carl. But I want to contend for a SB I dont want to compete for a bad division. with our division so bad I want to smash it. I understand that even if we win the division we are no threat to win the AFC. I even pick us to win this week at home. I've picked my royals to win a few times to this year.

I think the AFC South is barely worse than the AFC West honestly.

PostSubject: Re: There is someone with a brain   

Back to top Go down

There is someone with a brain
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1