ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

2012 Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: 2012 Predictions   Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

PFF's 2012 predictions feature 5 out of 8 choosing the Chiefs to win the AFC West.

There are also 4 out of 8 picking Romeo Crennel to be coach of the year.

AuthorMessage
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:09 am

Yeah I remember reading something about that. He's an idiot. Ive never taken anything he's said seriously.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:33 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...l-32-nfl-teams

Final record predictions for all 32 NFL teams

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor

Around the League predicted all the playoff teams and the MVP. We've predicted all the Week 1 games, and got the first game wrong.

Before moving on to the madness Sunday, I wanted to get my picks for each team's record on paper for posterity. I've been doing this for years and it just didn't feel right to group the 20 non-playoff teams in one pile.

Yes, it would have been better to post this before the Dallas Cowboys beat the New York Giants. But my records were already done (with the Giants ahead of Dallas.) I expect both teams to miss the playoffs anyhow. Let's do this.
2012 NFL predictions
NFL.com and NFL Network analysts share their picks for MVP, rookie of the year, playoff teams and a whole lot more. More ...

AFC East

New England Patriots: 12-4
New York Jets: 9-7
Buffalo Bills: 7-9
Miami Dolphins: 3-13

The schedule is very tasty for this division, bumping each team up a win or two. They face the AFC South and NFC West out of division. It doesn't get much better than that. I'm not buying the Bills hype because it's too hard for Chan Gailey to keep out-scheming other teams with lackluster overall talent.

AFC North

Pittsburgh Steelers: 12-4
Baltimore Ravens: 11-5
Cincinnati Bengals: 8-8
Cleveland Browns: 3-13

The Steelers still have the best quarterback and passing game in this defense-dominated division. That should be enough. The Bengals might be a better team overall and take a step back in the standings with a tougher schedule.

AFC South

Houston Texans: 12-4
Indianapolis Colts: 8-8
Tennessee Titans: 7-9
Jacksonville Jaguars: 5-11

Houston may be the safest pick to win a division in the entire league. It would be a surprise if any one of the other teams challenged them. (I do like the Colts to overachieve, though.)

AFC West

Kansas City Chiefs: 10-6
San Diego Chargers: 8-8
Denver Broncos: 8-8
Oakland Raiders: 6-10

Denver may have the toughest schedule in the league. They could improve a lot with Peyton Manning and it may not show up in the standings. Kansas City doesn't look great at quarterback, but they have enough depth and talent elsewhere to survive a marathon season.
Breer: Week 1 picks
Albert Breer provides his predictions for the opening week of the season, giving one rookie quarterback a road win. More ...

NFC East

Philadelphia Eagles: 10-6
New York Giants: 8-8
Dallas Cowboys: 8-8
Washington Redskins: 6-10

I'm buying the Philadelphia pieces coming together. They are a rare group that should have a top-ten offense and defense. The Giants' defensive line actually lacks depth, especially if Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora start to show their age.

NFC North

Green Bay Packers: 12-4
Detroit Lions: 9-7
Chicago Bears: 9-7
Minnesota Vikings 4-12

The expectations are high in Detroit and Chicago. The schedules are pretty favorable. That would make a finish like this all the more disappointing. The Bears defense no longer is that fearsome. The Lions' secondary and running game issues will show up.

NFC South

New Orleans Saints: 10-6
Atlanta Falcons: 10-6
Carolina Panthers: 10-6
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 3-13

Can three teams make it to the playoffs out of the NFC South? It happened in the AFC North last year. The Bucs could wind up going 0-6 in the division.

NFC West

Seattle Seahawks: 10-6
San Francisco 49ers: 9-7
Arizona Cardinals: 5-11
St. Louis Rams: 4-12

My somewhat irrational love for the Seahawks is not that irrational. They have two solid quarterbacks; they used to have zero. They have a rising defense that is difficult to prepare for. Pete Carroll's three-year plan is ready to go. We see the 49ers struggling to pass and not getting the injury luck they did a year ago.
Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:50 am

"Kurt Warner believes Matt Cassel will be the comeback QB and the best QB in the west this season. If he's right the Chiefs should be scary good."

With Manning and Rivers in the West that is brave statement Kurt Warner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redross006
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Hey all you Pioli Kool Aid drinkers.... there's your playoff team. What a joke!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Its fairly common to start out 0-2(sometimes worse) and still make the playoffs. We were also missing two of our best players, with two of our best players just betting back from season ending injurys. I'll give it more than one week, especially since you know, we have a new OC and different HC.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:58 pm

If we lose to the Bills, ill start to panic.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:07 pm

We did lose to them last year, and we ended pretty well. Easily would have been a playoff team if we didn't start Palko for five losses, and thats even without our best two players.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Buffalo got lit up today by a Jets team that has a ton of questions themselves. Fred Jackson was also injured, so it looks favorable for us next week.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Sanchez was drafted in the first though, thats the only thing that makes a team good.

Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:02 pm

RustShack wrote:
Its fairly common to start out 0-2(sometimes worse) and still make the playoffs. We were also missing two of our best players, with two of our best players just betting back from season ending injurys. I'll give it more than one week, especially since you know, we have a new OC and different HC.
Yeah Rust... you can talk about how good we are when we playa team that is a bottom tier team in the NFL... when we win THAT game you can talk about how thats the REAL Chiefs and about how we are poised to win it all thanks to the brilliance of Pioli. Cassell sucks and it is YOUR boy Pioli that refuses to admit that Cassell was and continues to be a bad decision. But of course you'll talk about how there has been no one since we signed Cassell that would have been any better. What a crock of shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Chiefs scored every drive in the first half... thats the same as what we did when we played Arizona.. not sure what you are getting at. We stalled in a few times in the second half and had to play a different style after that.

But I understand its the offenses fault that Hali, Lewis, and Flowers were out. Do you even watch the games?

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:07 pm

If you think that is the same way we play defense all year, you are a complete moron.

Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:24 pm

RustShack wrote:
Chiefs scored every drive in the first half... thats the same as what we did when we played Arizona.. not sure what you are getting at. We stalled in a few times in the second half and had to play a different style after that.

But I understand its the offenses fault that Hali, Lewis, and Flowers were out. Do you even watch the games?
ARIZONA???? They fucking suck... if you are gonna talk about how the Chiefs look great against one of the worst teams in the NFL and say that is proof that we are a playoff team the you are the moron. You always have an excuse for when we lose to a good team and always sing the praises when we beat an AWFUL team. Bottom line yes the Chiefs ARE good enough to beat some of the worst teams in the league, but they will continue to lose to the better teams in the league. And don't bring up Green Bay last year because that was more Orton's doing that antone else. And we let him leave in favor of Cassel. Look at Pioli's overall body of work w/ the Chiefs... we beat bad teams and lose to the good ones. 2010... easy schedule followed by getting demolished by the Ravens in the FIRST rd. of the playoffs. 2011 7-9 thanks to an abysmal AFC West.2009 we sucked. This year... A preseason win against the hapless Cardinals followed by us being beat convicingly ever since. You are clearly dillusional when it comes to this organization. You can still be a fan and ??? the moves made by this organization.

Last edited by redross006 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:25 pm

I love how we "suck Pioli's dick"....even though we dont agree with every move he's made.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Cassel is the only reason this team is mediocre.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:29 pm

You must also thing Vermiels offense was garbage too. Green, Holmes, Gonzalez, Roaf, Shields, Waters, Wiegmann.. all garbage. Because their defense couldn't make a few stops.

If Hali, Flowers, and Lewis play.. this team makes a few stops and this team has a real good chance of beating a playoff team.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:32 pm

Apparently defenses are supposed to play lights out when their top pass rusher and coverage guy are out.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:36 pm

You know I would ask for an example of a team that didn't skip a beat missing their elite pass rusher and top CB, but they have can't come up with a single other example the 10+ times I've asked. They just talk out their ass and hold this team to the most unrealistic expectations.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Aparantly KC is the only team that can use missing guys as an excuse to lose while teams like GB win a SB with 13 on IR. Sounds like we cant win without Carls players to me and Pioli cant find talent himself
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redross006
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:38 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
Apparently defenses are supposed to play lights out when their top pass rusher and coverage guy are out.
No but they could at least show up. The Falcons never came close to having to punt the ball until the game was completely out of reach. I was never confident that this defense was gonna stop the Falcons. And the Rams beat the hell out of us w/ Hali in the game so I don't think that his presense changes the out come of this game. Flowers absence hurt us more than anything however if Carr were still here it would not have hurt us near as much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:39 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Aparantly KC is the only team that can use missing guys as an excuse to lose while teams like GB win a SB with 13 on IR. Sounds like we cant win without Carls players to me and Pioli cant find talent himself

Probably helps having one of the best QBs in the league.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:40 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:

Were those 13 players all starters? Were they as important as what Hali, Flowers, and Lewis are? Why didn't they win the SB last year with all 13 healthy again?

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:41 pm

redross006 wrote:
Touchdown Bowe wrote:
No but they could at least show up. The Falcons never came close to having to punt the ball until the game was completely out of reach. I was never confident that this defense was gonna stop the Falcons. And the Rams beat the hell out of us w/ Hali in the game so I don't think that his presense changes the out come of this game. Flowers absence hurt us more than anything however if Carr were still here it would not have hurt us near as much.

Because Carr would single handedly shutdown Gonzalez, White, and Jones. Right.

We didnt punt until 6 minutes were left in the game ourselves. We missed a crucial FG and they turned Cassels 2 turnovers into points.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:43 pm

When we lose to Buffalo next week it will be that Flowers still isnt 100% and Hali is Rusty.
There will always be an excuse. You are the fans the Hunts want. The ones that wont question a single move they make.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:44 pm

It is Brandon Carr's fault that Cassel threw INT's.

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   

Back to top Go down

2012 Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next