ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

2012 Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: 2012 Predictions   Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

PFF's 2012 predictions feature 5 out of 8 choosing the Chiefs to win the AFC West.

There are also 4 out of 8 picking Romeo Crennel to be coach of the year.

AuthorMessage
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:23 pm

and if it is the case that they are spending the money and they are still this bad it means Pioli is dumber than even I thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Im not buying that story about KC spending that much cash. I just dont see it.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
Im not buying that story about KC spending that much cash. I just dont see it.

It actually kind of makes sense. I think you can split signing bonuses up over the length of the contract even if it paid out at once. It doesnt change the fact that they still have a ton of cap room though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Most of the pieces are in place to be successful. They just aren't executing like they should.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:31 am

[quote="Touchdown Bowe"]I dont think the coaching staff is the problem at this point (although I think Crennel really needs a DC). Hell, we looked like a really good team the last 3 games of last season. Defensively we executed lights out, offensively we got the ball down the field.

I really believe its on the players. Poor execution all the way around. Derrick Johnson looks like an undrafted free agent out there. He's been one of our worst defensive starters this season so far. Cassel looks like the same jittery piece of shit weve saw in seasons past.

Not only do I think Cassel should be benched for his piss poor play outside of his 4th quarter brilliance, but it would send a strong message to the team.

Offensively we cant get the run game going. Cassels success feeds off the run game. Without a run game, we cant pass. When we cant pass, we cant move the ball down the field. When we cant move the ball, our defense plays alot.

Defensively, we cant stop anybody. Our DL has looked great at shutting down runs on the inside. Our linebackers, Johnson and Belcher have been absolutely awful. I didnt even notice Tamba Hali or Justin Houston playing. Fitz had time to throw, he made plays, and put our shitty offense back on the field.

I have to disagree! I think it is coaching right now! Crennell's job is to make sure they are prepared and motivated to play. Some of this shit is on the shitty 2-3-6 sub package scheme we are playing. Crennell has to get this figured out. Nobody seemed to question Crennell when he was the coordinator and HC last season for those 3 games. I really don't think that it's much of a problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:26 am

Its like Rust said. The pieces are in place. Before this season started we were all excited about allot of the players on this roster. I think the huge problem is the execution by the players. I happen to like Pioli and I think he has done a great job in all areas except one. QB. He should admit his mistake and cut his losses there. Other than that we should be solid everywhere else. The players need to step the fuck up and start playing like they have some fucking balls. The only one that is is Winston. That guy is a fucking monster in the trenches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Solid everywhere else? we have 1 ILB.(who is playing like the others right now but will be fine) a 4-3 T playing 3-4 DE and the other DE is terrible. Poe was a serious reach. This "we have great talent everywhere" is some made up fantasy. We dont know Poe is a great talent. He was a great combine warrior but has never dominated in games going back to college. Jackson is a bust. We have no idea if Baldwin is any good. We know he is a great TC guy. McCluster is no more than a good role player even though he is a fan fav for some reason. We have a good set of RBs, an average Oline, 1 known decent WR, terrible QB, terrible Dline, half a set of LBs, half a secondary, an okay kicker (for some reason I like him though), and a good punter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:47 am

Wow man u are a hater! Poe is a rookie who if you watch the games closley he is doing as good as you could expect a rookie to do. Jackson is fine against the run and so is dorsey. Two of the touchdowns that Spiller ran for against us could very well be DJs fault. He moved out of his gap on the first one and Spiller went right through it for a TD. Getting a better QB would keep both Baldwin and Bowe busy. Cassel isnt good enough to stretch the field. That is allot of our problem. Our defense is on the field way too fuckin much. If we had a Flacco out there slingin it he would give Baldwin more opportunity down field which is what he is best at. If Lewis and Flowers were 100% we would be fine in the DB positions. Im also not convinced Berry is 100% himself yet. CALM THE FUCK DOWN AND BE A LITTLE MORE PATIENT!!!! If we are still this bad after the bye week then we can probably start to get a little pissed. Im not yet. We are young and hopefully a helathy Defense can overcome Matt Cassel's shittyness!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Are you really trying to say its because the defense is on the field too much? Considering they have been lit up early in both games that cant even be close to an excuse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:05 pm

And I said we dont know Poe is great. Everybody on here didnt like the Poe pick before the draft. But after Poe makes it it is a great pick. Then try to explain it by saying after I looked deeper into it it was better than I thought. If you actually look deeper you see he couldnt dominate bad college competition. There is no looking deeper into it outside of he was a combine great and Pioli picked him. Those are the only 2 possible reasons for liking the pick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:23 pm

He was doing something completely different every year. He was essentially a freshman every year. 99 out of 100 freshman don't dominate. Find me a DT who was great in college being used at multiple positions in multiple schemes his entire college career.

Players get great from continuity. Not from restarting all the time. It says a lot about how talented he is and versatile that they used him so many different ways.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:24 pm

Plus he dominated the running game his first start against the Falcons, so its a little hard to call him a bust so far.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:59 pm

I havent said bust. he was a serious reach. I also said nobody liked the pick before Pioli made it. and to say you liked it better after you looked deeper into is just bs and pioli homerism. there is no deeper film outside of his combine workout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:26 pm

RustShack wrote:
He was doing something completely different every year. He was essentially a freshman every year. 99 out of 100 freshman don't dominate. Find me a DT who was great in college being used at multiple positions in multiple schemes his entire college career.

Players get great from continuity. Not from restarting all the time. It says a lot about how talented he is and versatile that they used him so many different ways.

So my point kind of said by you. He never showed anything in college. I dont care what the reasons are. So what he played different year. That only means we dont know how good he can be. that means the only thing we can go off of is combine. He was picked at 11 based only on combine numbers and nothing more. You can put Brady Quinn at every position on the dline and call him versatile but he wouldnt dominate any of them. Taking a guy at 11 only because he can play all across the line but not dominate any of them is stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
I havent said bust. he was a serious reach. I also said nobody liked the pick before Pioli made it. and to say you liked it better after you looked deeper into is just bs and pioli homerism. there is no deeper film outside of his combine workout.

He never had one solid position at Memphis dude. Had he played for a school like Alabama he would have been a top 5 pick for sure cause he would have likely been their NT and we'd have alot better of an idea of how good he could be. He really wasnt a reach either..Alot of people had him projected anywhere from 9-15.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:49 pm

You know he would have been great at Alabama based on what exactly? His combine numbers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:27 pm

His talent alone was off the charts. You are judging him by his senior season alone. He played all four years in college. He played in 11 out of 12 games as a RS Freshman, the only game he missed was becasue of a death in the family. He started for three years straigh after that and was in the top ten for the team in tackles. His senior year they had to move him around allot to make up for depth problems. He did what he was told and is very coachable. He will get better. I might dare to say he could be another Haloti Ngata he has that kind of talent. I liked the pick and still do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Starting 4 years where he did doest mean he would have been great at rhe best defensive school in the country
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Its probably safer to say that if Alabamas 3rd stringers had chosen memphis they would start and look like world beaters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:

They took him for his athleticism. I personally didn't like the pick at the time b/c it is one hell of a gamble. He has shined on loop stunts b/c he is so quick. I seen him go outside and come back inside to damn near catch the RB in the preseason. He got some good QB pressure a doing that as well. I think he could be a force on the outside from the end spot myself. If Dorsey doesn't resign I would like to see him move outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:07 pm

BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

They took him for his athleticism. I personally didn't like the pick at the time b/c it is one hell of a gamble. He has shined on loop stunts b/c he is so quick. I seen him go outside and come back inside to damn near catch the RB in the preseason. He got some good QB pressure a doing that as well. I think he could be a force on the outside from the end spot myself. If Dorsey doesn't resign I would like to see him move outside.

At least you admit the risk in the pick. I didnt like the pick from the get go and am not just gonna change my view just because Pioli made the pick like so many others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

At least you admit the risk in the pick. I didnt like the pick from the get go and am not just gonna change my view just because Pioli made the pick like so many others.

I like his potential. No denying he is fast and strong. He is only going to get better. If he is this strong as young as he is he could be scary when he matures. I didn't think that Pioli would roll the dice at 11 though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:24 pm

The good news is there wont be a question what direction we are going first round next year. Just which QB will it be. Will be christmas is April for KC fans no matter which one it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:25 pm

I just hope a different GM hires a big name HC and lets him get his QB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden