ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Chiefs and Falcons!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Do we beat the Falcons?
Yes
67%
 67% [ 4 ]
No
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Chiefs and Falcons!   Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:11 am

First topic message reminder :

by Bill Williamson
Espn

"Kansas City coach Romeo Crennel told reporters Saturday linebacker Derrick Johnson (ankle) should be ready to play and he is hopeful cornerback Brandon Flowers (foot) can possibly play in Week 1 against Atlanta. However, safety Kendrick Lewis (shoulder) is likely not going to be able to play."

"If the Chiefs are looking for a temporary pass-rushing burst with Tamba Hali out for Week 1 with an NFL suspension, they could turn to former Chief Wallace Gilberry. He was cut by Tampa Bay."

Thats good news to hear about Flowers and DJ. I don't get what the hell is wrong with Flowers foot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Jackson is a complete bust period. If your line cant pressure the QB in todays NFL and you have to send multiple guys every time QBs are gonna eat you up. Especially Routt. He has to cover more than 2 seconds and he either gets burnt deep or get flagged. No way Jackson is on this team after this year. This sounds very similar to when I was telling everyone Cassel sucked even during his fluke year. I was right then and am right about Jackson. I dont care about any stat that tells me we have great run stopping DEs when we are 26th in the NFL against the run. Defense being on the field too much is a bs cop out too when there are only actually 12-14 minutes of play during the course of the game so even if the Def is on the field too much its not more than 8-9 minutes of actual play.

Look, I'm done arguing about this! Thats not his job! His job is to occupy blockers so the 4 OLB's can rush the QB. His job is to stop the run which is what the stats are saying. Of course your not going to like any stat that shows your lack of knowledge about this subject! I can tell you have never lined up on a field at all. If you have then you would understand that a defense can't play an entire game without becoming gassed. Its physics! Most of last season this O couldn't get a 1st down! The season before that they were ranked 14th against the run. Routt is going to prove your ass wrong! He's not the scrub that you indicate. I have never seen anybody with more blind homer hate than you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:03 pm

But I do like the backtracking and changing in stance. Cuz if KC was as good in every category as you guys say they are(sometimes) theyd dominate and be by far the favorite in Vegas and ESPN to win it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
But I do like the backtracking and changing in stance. Cuz if KC was as good in every category as you guys say they are(sometimes) theyd dominate and be by far the favorite in Vegas and ESPN to win it all.

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:08 pm

And I have never seen a bunch of dumb ass idiots blinded because they are fans like on here. Being a fan doesnt mean agreeing with everything your GM or owner does. Pioli is not God like you guys would like to believe. While Pioli is decent at picking up some cheap FA to help this team he has failed miserably at key positions on this team. QB, DE, and NT are pretty important for what KC wants to do in case you didnt understand that. and seriously reaching for your NT just because it is a position of need doesnt help either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:12 pm

it is funny. I have enjoyed it myself. KC is the best in the league at every position one moment then turn around and say I never said that the next. At least come up with an opinion of your own that Pioli didnt create in your head and stick with it. Just about every one on here agreed Poe should not be the pick before the draft and Decastro was a no brainer but when Pioli makes the pick it is like a gift from god. We got a second team no name conference NT at 11 now we are instant SB contenders. Instant SB contenders but wait he cant beat out a practice squad guy. Oh thats right it takes a few years for dlinemen to get used to the NFL. but he still makes us instant contenders. that is some funny shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:47 pm

That was funny. My 9 yr old just said she didnt think adults used the smiley faces. I said that isnt an adult. Its just some kid pretending to understand football
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
That was funny. My 9 yr old just said she didnt think adults used the smiley faces. I said that isnt an adult. Its just some kid pretending to understand football

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:01 pm

Then she says so hes not very smart? I said no hes not but its not nice to talk about retarded ppl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:36 pm

This isn't a 4-3 defense, its not our DL's job to get to the QB. Priority one, take up multiple blockers. Priority two, stop the run. Priority three, get to the QB. Which its rare to find those elite DE's, and not every(or many) 3-4 defenses have that DE. Even if we did have that DE, we wouldn't have known it yet because we haven't had a NT that can fully do its job allowing the DE's to fully do theirs. If Poe can take up multiple blockers and collapse the pocket as a rookie, then we will see what we really have in Jackson and Dorsey.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:45 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Then she says so hes not very smart? I said no hes not but its not nice to talk about retarded ppl

Fuck off ok! I'm not the tard, but I damn sure know who qualifies! I have come to the conclusion that you just like to hate! Your worse than a damn chick!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:53 pm

RustShack wrote:
This isn't a 4-3 defense, its not our DL's job to get to the QB. Priority one, take up multiple blockers. Priority two, stop the run. Priority three, get to the QB. Which its rare to find those elite DE's, and not every(or many) 3-4 defenses have that DE. Even if we did have that DE, we wouldn't have known it yet because we haven't had a NT that can fully do its job allowing the DE's to fully do theirs. If Poe can take up multiple blockers and collapse the pocket as a rookie, then we will see what we really have in Jackson and Dorsey.

You just said what I have been saying you said. It is their job to stop the run. they were ranked 1 and 2 at stopping it. So if you think that is their job wouldnt it safe to assume you think they are the best at what they do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:57 pm

BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

Fuck off ok! I'm not the tard, but I damn sure know who qualifies! I have come to the conclusion that you just like to hate! Your worse than a damn chick!
LOL. you are def a tard. I do love to hate terrible players like Cassel and Jackson. hopefully those 2 pull a derrick thomas together this year tryin to catch a flight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
RustShack wrote:

You just said what I have been saying you said. It is their job to stop the run. they were ranked 1 and 2 at stopping it. So if you think that is their job wouldnt it safe to assume you think they are the best at what they do?

If they were the best at taking up blockers and getting to the QB while still being great at stopping the run, then yes they would be the best. But so far they are only good at one of the three categories, which is the most important for their position.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:19 pm

I'm sure you hated DJ and Hali too then right? To their respective positions, they were the same as Jackson at this stage of their careers.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:21 pm

Falcons OC disagree's with Chiefs09 who is the self proclaimed God's gift to the football world!

"As Pro Football Focus noted over the summer, those two are very good against the run and others, like Atlanta Falcons OC Dirk Koetter, have noticed.

"They are two really good run stoppers in their 3-4 defense. Both guys are powerful. Both guys play with their hands. They are two-gap players and they are good at it. Kansas City has a good run defense. A good front seven. A 3-4 defense gives you a different set of challenges than a 4-3 defense. We have to come up with a game plan that will allow us to put our best foot forward."

As the Chiefs have told us, the defensive ends in their 3-4 are supposed to clog lanes to allow the linebackers to be the playmakers.

Without Tamba Hali, that makes things a little more difficult."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:27 pm

If Poe can be the force that his talent level dictates as a rookie, Jackson will make you eat your words. He might not do it as a rookie, but just as a physical presence he will at least be a small upgrade. I hope he gets his technique and mental part of the game down faster than most DL, because he will be one of the best NT's in the NFL when that happens.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:33 pm

RustShack wrote:
I'm sure you hated DJ and Hali too then right? To their respective positions, they were the same as Jackson at this stage of their careers.
No I loved the DJ pick. He had the knock of being a little soft coming out but was a good fball player and was selected right where he was supposed to be picked and not 20 spots too high. Hali I was neutral on at the time. Picks in the top 3 should produce a lot more than what we have gotten from Jackson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:36 pm

RustShack wrote:
If Poe can be the force that his talent level dictates as a rookie, Jackson will make you eat your words. He might not do it as a rookie, but just as a physical presence he will at least be a small upgrade. I hope he gets his technique and mental part of the game down faster than most DL, because he will be one of the best NT's in the NFL when that happens.
What talent level? Now here I go about to give you credit rust so I hope I can get this out. I remember when I was huge on Curry and from the get go you were saying he was a combine warrior. With no actual good tape on Poe outside of his workout why is this any different? maybe because the chiefs selected him?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:42 pm

and I'm not saying there isnt potential with poe just wondering why he already looked at as a no bust guy in so many minds around here. There is actually huge bust potential with him. I dont hate Poe like I do Cassel, Jackson, and Pioli... just think we could have traded back with Philly gotten another pick and still had Poe if he was the guy all along. And even if he did get taken we could have taken Decastro or Hightower and still gotten a good project NT in 2. Since the guys we took in 2 and 3 would have been there in 3 and 4 they could have even had the other guys they wanted in the draft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:57 pm

I changed my mind a little because after you draft someone you obviously read up a lot more on them. He was used multiple way in multiple schemes every year. He never had a chance to learn one position, or even one scheme for that matter.

I also thought about guys like Shaun Rogers and Kris Jenkins who were just done in the NFL basically. They got big(like Poe is) and weren't any good in the 4-3 anymore. They went to 3-4 teams and were dominate NT's.

Shaun Smith is an example of someone who is god awful in 4-3 schemes, but great under Crennel in the 3-4.

After more research, I now believe Poe could do the same thing.

And yes, I am a Chiefs fan and root for our players to do well. I probably would have been surprised to see Poe do well with another team if he had went to another team, because I never would have looked more into his situation.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:01 am

ok. but hasnt KC talked about using him in some 4 man fronts at times too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:03 am

He was being used in pass rush situations first. Thats the easiest thing for a DL to do, they wanted him to get the technique down before becoming an every down DL. When you are just a pass rusher, you can pin your ears back and do whatever it takes to get to the QB. You can't do that every down though, because they can easily burn you on the run if you don't know what you are doing.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:05 am

and in all honesty dont you think had we traded back a few spots with Philly hed have still been there?If not there were still great options there and wed have had more picks. dont remember what the team that philly traded with got. have to look it up. think it was seattle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:22 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
and in all honesty dont you think had we traded back a few spots with Philly hed have still been there?If not there were still great options there and wed have had more picks. dont remember what the team that philly traded with got. have to look it up. think it was seattle

Knowing Pioli and how he likes to move in the draft. I would say if he felt like he could move down and still get the player he wanted he would do that. He obviously must have been concerned about somebody moving up to nab Poe. I wasn't crazy about the pick at the time. I don't know that anyone was. The more I started reading about Poe the more the pick started to grow on me. What encourages me about Poe is that he is already holding his own physically. When the mental part comes for him he has the potential to be a beast!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:32 am

The Kansas City Chiefs are dealing with another injury on defense.

The Kansas City Star reported that starting linebacker Jovan Belcher is not practicing Thursday because of a sore groin. He is being replaced at practice by Brandon Siler, who missed all of last season with an Achilles injury.

Belcher is yet another Kansas City defender who is banged up heading into the season opener against visiting Atlanta on Sunday. Among the other injured players are safety Kendrick Lewis (shoulder), cornerback Brandon Flowers (foot) and linebacker Derrick Johnson (ankle). Flowers and Johnson are hopeful of playing Sunday, while Lewis is likely out.

Defensive tackle Anthony Toribio (ankle) also may not play. Plus, star pass-rusher Tamba Hali is serving a one-game NFL suspension. Thus, another injury on defense is the last thing the team needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Falcons!   

Back to top Go down

Chiefs and Falcons!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next