ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

KC looking for QB?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: KC looking for QB?   Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hearing Chiefs could trade for Matt Moore from Miami. Or sign recently released Brian Hoyer from NE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: KC looking for QB?   Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:48 pm

The Chiefs defense was great last year, when the offense stayed on the field.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: KC looking for QB?   Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
Okay I agree Carl didnt put them in position to reach their potential. But they were still great players in the wrong position. So what Pioli did do well was put players Carl assembled into a better situation to succeed. Though it was still the coaching staff coaching them up into their new situations not Pioli. I'll give you that. But this goes back to Pioli himself assembling a great roster. So far the only great player he has brought to the roster himself is Berry. Baldwin and Houston do have tremendous potential. But again we still dont know. So what we do know is Piolis coaching staffs have made some of Carls players better. That might mean he can find better coaches. That I dont doubt because Carl had some serious SB contending teams with a terrible coach in Marty. Some other things we know are Cassel was(and still is because of Piolis ego) a huge mistake and Jackson was a reach and a big time bust based on where he was drafted. The best player we got in that draft was Succop. When Jacskon is let go next year for cap purposes we will all be able to agree Piolis first draft was an absolute waste. Now 2010 was a great draft but with that probably being the deepest draft ever most of us could have had a good draft. I think a great GM finds good players in poor draft classes. Maybe he does some day.

There are only a few players worth almost 15 million a season. Manning, Brady, Hali! Richard Seymore in his prime didn't even make 15 million a season. You act like Pioli knew that Jackson was planning on becoming a sack God. Pioli said after that draft that he compared Jackson to Russell Maryland who didn't get a ton of sacks but let them play defense the way they wanted to. Tyson was always going to be a player that ate up double teams and stopped the run. Both of which he has become very good at! Not to mention he had some nice pass rushes this preseason which he took his man 4 to 5 yards deep into the backfield. I even seen him go around the edge a few times. I don't think Tyson is going anywhere as he will agree to an extension. I would let Dorey walk before Tyson at this stage of the game!

I hate to think we have the best run stopping guys in the league yet we rank 26th against it. That isnt shooting very high expectation wise. blame it on the offense if you want but if they were actually great it wouldnt be an excuse.

We ranked 14th in 2010 and 26th last year with absolutely zero offense! You can't go half the season without getting a 1st down and have a top defensive ranking. I look for the defensive rankings to be very good this year. Especially when we get into the regular season and start running the ball with the 1st O.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: KC looking for QB?   Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:07 pm

Pioli has brought a good deal of talent to KC. Guys like Bowe and Charles were underachievers before Pioli brought in a coach who lit a fire under their asses.

Pioli has done more good than bad for us. Its not hard to see.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: KC looking for QB?   Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:02 pm

I've given that he put the coaches in place to make Carls players better. but at some point he is going to have to actually bring in the talent himself. So far he has Berry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: KC looking for QB?   Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:57 pm

Most of the the roster is his. It took Carls players time to reach this potential, just like it will Pioli's.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: KC looking for QB?   Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:22 pm

OK. But there is no question he has reached in 2 of his 1st 4 1st round picks. 1 a bust already and 1 couldnt beat out a practice squad guy til he got hurt. Still goes back to my original point. He is looked at as a god by you guys and none of his players have amounted to anything yet. So it is just as rediculous for you guys to worship this guy as it is for me to hate him. At best you can say neither side of the arguement has been proven right or wrong yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: KC looking for QB?   Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:36 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
OK. But there is no question he has reached in 2 of his 1st 4 1st round picks. 1 a bust already and 1 couldnt beat out a practice squad guy til he got hurt. Still goes back to my original point. He is looked at as a god by you guys and none of his players have amounted to anything yet. So it is just as rediculous for you guys to worship this guy as it is for me to hate him. At best you can say neither side of the arguement has been proven right or wrong yet.

We are fixing to find out what these Chiefs are made of. Let the games begin!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: KC looking for QB?   Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:43 am

BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

If Flowers and DJ dont play we wont find out week 1. But I'll still bitch about the blowout for fun. I think Flowers is more important myself. Routt is gonna get burnt no matter which one he covers between Roddy and Julio. Cant imagine what the other side of the field will be like if Flowers isnt there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: KC looking for QB?   Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:00 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

If Flowers and DJ dont play we wont find out week 1. But I'll still bitch about the blowout for fun. I think Flowers is more important myself. Routt is gonna get burnt no matter which one he covers between Roddy and Julio. Cant imagine what the other side of the field will be like if Flowers isnt there.

Flowers is back but there is no telling how he will play since he hasn't played this preseason. I just hope we have DJ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: KC looking for QB?   Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:24 am

I would rather have a Flowers on crutches then what we have behind him. Hell Flowers on crutches is probably better than our other starter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: KC looking for QB?   Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:26 am

In all seriousness I'm glad hes back. He should still be able to operate without a lot of help. So the help can slide over to Routts side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: KC looking for QB?   Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:14 am

Im pretty nervous honestly. I have a friend thats a Falcons fan and he says theyre overhyped, especially Matt Ryan.

Still though, missing Hali is bad enough, but missing DJ and Flowers on top of it would be brutal.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: KC looking for QB?   Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:16 am

Chiefs09 wrote:

When Haley showed up he had D Bowe near the bottom of the depth chart..DJ too. It pushed them to work harder. Crennel is gonna make Poe earn that starting spot, and make him better in the process.

I dont really worship him, but he is taking us in the right direction whether you want to believe it or not.

PostSubject: Re: KC looking for QB?   

Back to top Go down

KC looking for QB?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARROWHEAD DRIVE :: The Lounge-
Jump to: