ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:46 am

First topic message reminder :

Chiefs' Derrick Johnson Has Ankle Injury; 'Could Be Significant'

Headshot_tiny by Joel Thorman on Aug 30, 2012 9:24 PM CDT

Our worst fears about the fourth preseason game could be realized. The KC Star's Adam Teicher reports Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson has an ankle injury that "could be significant."

That's not good. That's really not good. That he "could" have a major injury suggests there's a reason to believe he does have a major injury.

DJ hasn't missed a game for the Chiefs in two years. He's the best inside linebacker on the Chiefs and one of the better ones in the league. Losing him for any amount of time would be a huge blow to the Chiefs defense, especially in Week 1 when Tamba Hali is already out.

I'm nervous about this one, folks. Let's hope good news is coming soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:20 pm

RustShack wrote:
I'd personally prefer the one who has great production and was actually tested and had to make a lot of plays on his own. Not the one surrounded with talent.
So what you are saying is Cassel isnt surrounded by great talent? Cause I thought everyone was on the same page that KC is full of talent offensively outside of QB. So if a player is great with great talent around him it would make a perfect fit here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:21 pm

Kansas City Chiefs: Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
As I wrote in my NFL Power Rankings, the Chiefs have the best roster in the NFL if you exclude the quarterback position. I believe they'll win the AFC West and make the playoffs, but they'll suffer another early exit because of Matt Cassel's limitations. Here's one way to fix that.
This is Walter for 2013. Talk about a garbage QB. Wed actually be better off with Cassel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:25 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
RustShack wrote:
I'd personally prefer the one who has great production and was actually tested and had to make a lot of plays on his own. Not the one surrounded with talent.
So what you are saying is Cassel isnt surrounded by great talent? Cause I thought everyone was on the same page that KC is full of talent offensively outside of QB. So if a player is great with great talent around him it would make a perfect fit here.

2010 when everybody was healthy, he produced decent numbers and made him look alot better than he is. He had the talent around him.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:16 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
RustShack wrote:

What does that have to do with a college QB? NFL teams talent levels are 100x closer top to bottom than a lot of schools to USC.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:46 pm

RustShack wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
RustShack wrote:

What does that have to do with a college QB? NFL teams talent levels are 100x closer top to bottom than a lot of schools to USC.

So then you cant judge the QB where he comes out of. If USCs talent is so much better than the other schools maybe that means Barkley is more talented than the other QBs and that is why USC got him. If the talent level isnt close then it is impossible to know how good he will be. So what do look at next? maybe the schools that were looking at the kid coming out of high school. If I just looked at the right year there is only 1 school that has more than 1 QB starting in the NFL. That is USC. Granted they are the absloute 2 worst starters in the entire NFL. so then it really is a crapshoot since every other QB is from a different school. If we are picking top 10 next year we will be looking QB no doubt. i just hope it isnt Jones. I'm not as big on Barkley as Luck but he is the best option coming out next year. And none of the QBs on KCs roster right now will be on this team next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:29 pm

It takes more than talent, thats why theres busts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:30 pm

But me down for my boy Jones though! Boomer Sooner!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:24 pm

Jones is a joke. he proved it when his #1 target went down. he was absolute garbage without him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:28 pm

SylvesterMalone1978 wrote:
It takes more than talent, thats why theres busts.

High profile schools are going to have more busts then the little guys. the most talented high school guys go to the high profile schools then the high profile schools generally have more players drafted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:30 pm

when you have more players drafted then you will naturally have more busts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:31 pm

I would imagine the Miami hurricanes have had more busts then a Northwest Missouri State but I bet they have also produced much more NFL talent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:26 pm

Ill pass on Jones as well.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:31 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
Jones is a joke. he proved it when his #1 target went down. he was absolute garbage without him

Is that helping your argument? Jones is good because of his surroundings, but Barkley isn't?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:35 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
I would imagine the Miami hurricanes have had more busts then a Northwest Missouri State but I bet they have also produced much more NFL talent

I don't know, if NWMS were to ever have someone so highly touted, they would probably end up being pretty good.

What QB's from great schools have went on be to great in the NFL?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:45 am

Chiefs09 wrote:

I don't know, if NWMS were to ever have someone so highly touted, they would probably end up being pretty good.

Depends on how much you limit great school. I am talking big conference schools and big independents. So you have Brady, Montana, Manning, and Elway come to mind without looking anything up. And since those are the 4 best ever I like the idea of bigger name schools.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:49 am

Chiefs09 wrote:

Is that helping your argument? Jones is good because of his surroundings, but Barkley isn't?
But we know what Jones is without real players we dont know with Barkley. Pretty stupid to rule out a guy because some behind him havent made it in the league. He cant help the fact that he as always been one of the best players in the country since he was a little child and chose to go to the best recruiting school in the country. I'd take Palmer in his prime on this team right now too. Had he not went to such a terrible organization hed be well on his way to the hall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:53 am

Chiefs09 wrote:

Kind of my point. NWMS wont ever get the big name recruits. The best kids go to the big name schools so in turn the big name schools have many more players drafted so many more busts. Take the 01 Hurricanes. I think they had 17 players drafted in round 1 alone. Probably a few busts there. But also many good ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:02 am

Cam Newton won a NC. But hes kind of the exception since he was the team. Recent history, Florida was pretty great. Tebow and Leak weren't. LSU... Russel not so much. Ohio State? Pryor?

I kind of see the trend where good NFL QB's aren't on the elite college teams.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:29 pm

RustShack wrote:
Cam Newton won a NC. But hes kind of the exception since he was the team. Recent history, Florida was pretty great. Tebow and Leak weren't. LSU... Russel not so much. Ohio State? Pryor?

Tebow wasnt great? Tebow was the greatest college player ever to play. No it wont translate to the NFL if he doesnt change positions. I do hate Tebow and dont think he will amount to crap but his whole life he has proven people like me wrong on him so we will see where it goes. he will def be used in NY. Luck came from a good school. RG3 and Baylor were actually considered pretty good. Bradford and OK were okay. Most still went to the big conferences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
RustShack wrote:

Tebow wasnt great? Tebow was the greatest college player ever to play. No it wont translate to the NFL if he doesnt change positions. I do hate Tebow and dont think he will amount to crap but his whole life he has proven people like me wrong on him so we will see where it goes. he will def be used in NY. Luck came from a good school. RG3 and Baylor were actually considered pretty good. Bradford and OK were okay. Most still went to the big conferences.

But you don't see Stanford or Baylor competing for National Championships year in and out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:43 pm

No you are right but to throw out a guy as being great because he is on a great college team is stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Lol I think are kinda missing the point. Tebow played on an elite team, he wont translate to the NFL. Baylor isn't elite, and they were only good because of RG3. Thats the point, QB's to make a team look far better than they are. USC is constantly good whether the QB is Palmer, Leinart, Booty, Sanchez, or Barkley.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:24 pm

BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
RustShack wrote:

But you don't see Stanford or Baylor competing for National Championships year in and out.

You want to look for QBs who took their schools from being average to great. Luck made Stanford a great team last year. RGIII took Baylor up the ranks. Brandon Weeden made OKST a potential championship contender.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Sometimes you do find good QBs who go to schools that are usually up there in the rankings, like Stafford with Georgia and Bradford with Oklahoma. Its just a safer bet to take a QB who makes his team a winner, rather than a team that makes the QB a winner.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:03 am

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
RustShack wrote:

You want to look for QBs who took their schools from being average to great. Luck made Stanford a great team last year. RGIII took Baylor up the ranks. Brandon Weeden made OKST a potential championship contender.

That was my meaning. I was pointing out that Stanford and Baylor were as good as they were because of those QBs. Without RG3 I dont even know if Baylor would've had a winning record or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!   

Back to top Go down

Chiefs and Pack. DJ could have significant injury. Oh Fuck!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next