ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Chiefs versus Hawks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Chiefs versus Hawks   Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Russell Wilson is outplaying Matt Flynn and will start against the CHiefs. I liked Wilson coming out and hoped the Chiefs could get him in the 4th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:51 am

BigRatt wrote:
redross006 wrote:
Hey Rust.... I bet that Pioli Kool aid tastes bitter as shit right about now huh? So much for the much improved Pioli and Daboll led Chiefs winning their first playoff game in years this season.
Cassell ABSOLUTELY sucks and is still the best QB on this roster.( Thanks to Pioli not even attemptin to upgrade the position), he got outplayed by a rookie, at Arrowhead. Brian Dabolls offense.....truly offensive. Letting Carr walk.... yeah that panned out.( Jalil Brown was HORRENDOUS). This team is light years away from being a contender... but now Rust....lets hear the excuses.

Holy Moly! You got a fart in your brain? You do realize this is just preseason dont you?

It is preseason..but our starters played well into the 3rd quarter..and got dominated all around the entire time. The Seahawks didnt punt until the backups came in..I dont care if its preseason or not, thats embarrassing..and the fact that we've been dominated back to back games like this, without progressing and fixing our mistakes is very concerning.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:27 am

Funny how when things don't go right for KC it is automatically Cassel's Fault. I only watched the first have due to work at 4 this morning. But I thought he played decent. Alot of drop balls by our recievers. And damn give Seattles D some credit they played thier asses off and defended very well. I did read before the game that Seattles D has potential to be top 5 this year. But I guess it is easier to blame the QB. And it is just preseason. But so far I will admit our D is starting to worry me. Definately need to get healthy fast. Powe looked decent thats a plus. Hell Trent Green was giving Cassel alot of props last night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:01 am

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
redross006 wrote:
Hey Rust.... I bet that Pioli Kool aid tastes bitter as shit right about now huh? So much for the much improved Pioli and Daboll led Chiefs winning their first playoff game in years this season.
Cassell ABSOLUTELY sucks and is still the best QB on this roster.( Thanks to Pioli not even attemptin to upgrade the position), he got outplayed by a rookie, at Arrowhead. Brian Dabolls offense.....truly offensive. Letting Carr walk.... yeah that panned out.( Jalil Brown was HORRENDOUS). This team is light years away from being a contender... but now Rust....lets hear the excuses.

Holy Moly! You got a fart in your brain? You do realize this is just preseason dont you?

It is preseason..but our starters played well into the 3rd quarter..and got dominated all around the entire time. The Seahawks didnt punt until the backups came in..I dont care if its preseason or not, thats embarrassing..and the fact that we've been dominated back to back games like this, without progressing and fixing our mistakes is very concerning.

I watched the 1st - 30 minutes of the game and that's about all I have seen so far. From what I seen, Russell just made damn good decisions and took what the D gave. He had good pocket awareness and played above that rookie level. I'm going to admit that NT has the potential to be a problem early on in the year. We are going to be going with 2 players that haven't played a whole lot. I'm not really that concerned yet. Flowers and hopefully Lewis will be back by week 1 and Crennell will unleash the hounds. Game planning and running the entire playbook is going to help a lot. The starters have been in every game until this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:04 am

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
This is gonna be how it is with Cassel under center. If we get down early, we are fucked 10 times out of 10. He CAN'T lead us from behind when were down multiple scores. Hell I dont even think he's an efficient game manager. Teams have already caught on to Cassels bullshit "Nothing deeper than 15 yards" offense for this season..His chemistry with his receivers within 10 yards is good when he's not pressured..but when he's pressured he just shits the bed..except that TD pass to McCluster..and I held my breath on that one. He doesnt have the balls to throw the ball to his two physical monster receivers. He's 30 fucking years old and is still a project. There is a fucking reason he dint play in college. Pete Carroll tried to coach his pathetic ass.

It honestly blows my mind that Pioli can put together such a talented roster, but remains content with one of the worse QBs in the league. The faster he mans up and cuts ties with this scrub we have pretending to play QB, the faster we'll make a serious run.

And holy shit. Our defense literally quit on us tonight. They knew what Russell Wilson was about and failed to stop him. They passed on us. They ran on us. Stanford Routt has been a disaster so far. Im gonna wait til he lines up with Flowers instead of that Jalil Brown scrub before I call him an awful signing..but im not happy with what ive saw so far.

Pete Carroll is putting together a hell of a team. He's not content with being mediocre like the jackoffs we have here. He made not one, but two moves at QB this offseason. He wants to win. We dont.

I really just wonder how many fucking Head Coaches we are going to go through before we end this Cassel bullshit. If he manages to get an extension after this contract is up, im going to lose it.

This WR core is no doubt going to get under utilized. I have no arguement there! I want a legit QB as bad as everyone else does. Cassells success is going to be dependent on the running game. I didn't care to much seeing Aso blown up there in the 1st quarter. Charles has done alot with a O line alot worse than this one. I'm not to concerned about the running game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:31 pm

I cant figure out why we are still tied to Cassel right now. This is gonna be a run/run//pass/punt offense all year. Shouldnt be a hard system to learn. Mallet was available during the draft why wouldnt he be now. and it wouldnt be a case of taking another NE reject either. Mallet has a big time arm and huge potential. Brady has another 4 left in him so I would assume NE would gladly take draft picks for Mallet. Then KC could focus on finding some real DEs next offseason. KC struggling on Offense so far has to be either Cassel or Daboll. too much talent everywhere else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:36 pm

The starters have been in every game until this one.

This statement isnt good enough with the ofensive weapons we have. If it's true Baldwin has caught everything thrown to him in camp then Cassel has to get the damn ball to him. Bowe is Bowe. we all agree the running back combo is top 5 at least. throw in good role players like McCluster, Moeaki, and Boss and this O should score a lot. Whether anyone else wants to admit it or not this Dline is gonna be a problem all year. The O needs long drives that put up points, not pin the other team inside the 20 when the drive stalls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:

The starters have been in every game until this one.

This statement isnt good enough with the ofensive weapons we have. If it's true Baldwin has caught everything thrown to him in camp then Cassel has to get the damn ball to him. Bowe is Bowe. we all agree the running back combo is top 5 at least. throw in good role players like McCluster, Moeaki, and Boss and this O should score a lot. Whether anyone else wants to admit it or not this Dline is gonna be a problem all year. The O needs long drives that put up points, not pin the other team inside the 20 when the drive stalls.

You act like KC is throwing their whole damn arsenal into these preseason games and they are not. They are running very generic plays on both sides of the ball. The starters dominated Zona, at St. Louis they got behind a bit but were coming back strong in the 2nd quarter before most were pulled. I haven't got to watch most of the last game but will tomorrow. I did watch the 1st 20 or 30 minutes of the Seattle game and KC had a couple of nice drives where Charles was running the ball well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel said following the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 24, that he is searching for answers. The Chiefs' starters in particular have been outplayed by the opposition. "We've got to try to figure out what we do well as a team in all phases and then try to get that done," Crennel said. "Hopefully we can start making progress on that and get better before we get to the regular season because it's right around the corner and we have to get better to give ourselves a chance."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=0#ixzz24ZyNbT00
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:18 pm

Kansas City Chiefs WR Steve Breaston said the team took a step back in their preseason game Friday, Aug. 24. The offense had just 11 net yards and punted four times to start the game. "They (the Seahawks) punched us in the face and we didn't respond well," Breaston said after the game. "Everybody is big on the third preseason game. It's a step back as a team."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz24Zyswmou
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:23 pm

11 net yards and 4 punts in the single most important warm-up game is sad. really hard to spin it by just saying they arent showing the whole arsenal. thats saying we arent trying on purpose so teams dont know just how explosive we really are. I doubt that is the case but if it is what makes you feel better then fine. I'm a realist. Cassel isnt even mediocre. He is terrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:28 pm

I agree! That game was a breath of fresh air. It's been along time since I have seen the Chiefs this damn good this early! Might have to back to the teams of the 90's to find such a good start. It amazed me that we did it without much contribution from our studs. Cassell looked efficient. Hillis is a damn beast that looks to be in 2010 form. Defense looked damn good. Poe did a great job of getting doubled and holding his ground. He had a few pressures which looked good. No doubt he's going to get better this year. Can't wait for tomorrow night to see round 2!

This was you after the 1st preseason game Ratt. Even I jumped on board after that start. But why is it okay to talk about how great a team is after the least important preseason game and not okay to be very concerned after the most important one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:

I agree! That game was a breath of fresh air. It's been along time since I have seen the Chiefs this damn good this early! Might have to back to the teams of the 90's to find such a good start. It amazed me that we did it without much contribution from our studs. Cassell looked efficient. Hillis is a damn beast that looks to be in 2010 form. Defense looked damn good. Poe did a great job of getting doubled and holding his ground. He had a few pressures which looked good. No doubt he's going to get better this year. Can't wait for tomorrow night to see round 2!

This was you after the 1st preseason game Ratt. Even I jumped on board after that start. But why is it okay to talk about how great a team is after the least important preseason game and not okay to be very concerned after the most important one?

I'm not going to be worried about it until they get blown out in the regular season. By then we should have Flowers and Lewis back ready to go. Daboll will be game planning and running his entire offense. Bowe should be up to speed. All will be fine!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Flowers and Lewis being back doesnt fix a terrible Dline. Bowe being up and running doesnt change Cassel being the wrost starter in the league.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:52 pm

What I do like now is that players and coaches are allowed to speak somewhat honestly. surprised Pioli hasnt fined or fired anyone for admitting the team has taken a step back or the coach being concerned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:32 pm

BigRatt wrote:
RustShack wrote:

Rust, how do I post these clips like you did here?

Same as a picture. Hit the image button and past the URL.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Its weird that McCluster was our only reliable WR. Cassel actually wasn't doing awful himself, there were so many dropped balls that NFL WR's should be able to catch.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:20 pm

RustShack wrote:
Its weird that McCluster was our only reliable WR. Cassel actually wasn't doing awful himself, there were so many dropped balls that NFL WR's should be able to catch.

So you are saying we have overrated our WRs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Damn I love that! You know that one made made his ass pucker up.

Last edited by BigRatt on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Berry gets laid the hell out! Wow!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
RustShack wrote:

So you are saying we have overrated our WRs?

Baldwin hasn't been getting it throw to, and when he does its always pass interference so we get the first there anyways or he catches it. I'm not too worried about Bowe either. But Moeaki, Boss, and Charles had some pretty bad drops... I think they will be alright though. Just a bad game.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:10 pm

BigRatt wrote:

Berry gets laid the hell out! Wow!

Yeah had he not seen that block at the last minute we may be looking for yet another safety..

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:11 am

That fuckin block is cheap as hell especially in the preseason. If it was me he did that too I would have punched that mother fucker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:42 pm

Yeah im not a fan of those blocks to the knees like that. They need to be penalized for sure. For a league thats so damn strict about safety they sure dont seem to give a shit about these kinda blocks. You cant touch a standing QB below the knees or its a penalty, but you take out a guys legs as he's running full speed and thats perfectly fine. Kinda bullshit.

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   

Back to top Go down

Chiefs versus Hawks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2