ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Chiefs versus Hawks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Chiefs versus Hawks   Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Russell Wilson is outplaying Matt Flynn and will start against the CHiefs. I liked Wilson coming out and hoped the Chiefs could get him in the 4th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:36 pm

We probably should have drafted him instead of Stephonson... But we'll see I guess. The staff was content with Quinn and Stanzi.

I hope we draft Steele Jantz next year

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:44 pm

Had he been a few inches taller he would have been a lock 1st round pick..

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:51 pm

Hes looked impressive so far for sure. Actually its very premature, but Wilson, Cousins, and Foles have looked pretty impressive so far and we had a shot at all three QB's.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:04 pm

I was kind of hoping we would have taken a chance on Foles during the draft..He went a round earlier than I thought he would go though. Taking a QB in the first 3 rounds in the next draft should be a priority if a good one is available at any time..

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:14 pm

BigRatt wrote:
Russell Wilson is outplaying Matt Flynn and will start against the CHiefs. I liked Wilson coming out and hoped the Chiefs could get him in the 4th.

You were really pushing for him before the draft....I was on the 'he's too short bandwagon'. His early returns have looked pretty good so far for the Seahawks and it's looking like a good pick for them. But, he now makes his first appearance with the 1st team offense, on the road, at Arrowhead, against Romeo Crennel who is probably ready to release the hounds after their disappointing showing last week. This will be a great Litmus test early in his career!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:39 am

FatThucker wrote:
BigRatt wrote:

You were really pushing for him before the draft....I was on the 'he's too short bandwagon'. His early returns have looked pretty good so far for the Seahawks and it's looking like a good pick for them. But, he now makes his first appearance with the 1st team offense, on the road, at Arrowhead, against Romeo Crennel who is probably ready to release the hounds after their disappointing showing last week. This will be a great Litmus test early in his career!

I agree! I thought before the draft that had he been taller that he would've been the 3rd best QB in the draft. It will be interesting to see him at Arrowhead and see what he's made of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:45 am

RustShack wrote:
We probably should have drafted him instead of Stephonson... But we'll see I guess. The staff was content with Quinn and Stanzi.

I hope we draft Steele Jantz next year

I agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Im goin to this game, fools!

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:38 am

kcchiefs wrote:
Im goin to this game, fools!

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Not looking the best again... that talent is sure there but we need to start clicking when Atlanta comes to town.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Well that was actually a pretty nice drive. I feel better knowing we will run it more when games actually count.. but McCluster is going to be a big part of this offense..

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:57 pm

Cassel fucking blows. This defense has played like shit. Absolutely horrible performance.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:31 pm

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
Cassel fucking blows. This defense has played like shit. Absolutely horrible performance.

If Cassel cant get it done with this talent Pioli needs to do whatever it takes to move up to 1 in the draft and get a franchise QB. We would be in so much better shape now if we would haved sucked for Luck last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:12 am

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Russell Wilson made the most of his first chance to start for Seattle.
Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson (3) passes to a teammate during the first half of an NFL preseason football game against the Kansas City Chiefs in Kansas City, Mo.,

Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll looks at the scoreboard during an NFL preseason football game against the Kansas City Chiefs in Kansas City, Mo., Friday, Aug. 24, 2012.

Seattle Seahawks running back Robert Turbin (22) gets past Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston (50) during the first half of an NFL preseason football game in Kansas City,

The rookie quarterback threw for 185 yards and two touchdowns in a just under three quarters of work Friday night, leading the Seahawks to a 44-14 rout of the Kansas City Chiefs.

The third-round draft pick has been competing for the No. 1 job with Matt Flynn, the former Green Bay backup who signed in the offseason. Wilson had impressed in the second half of preseason wins over Tennessee and Denver, but was downright dazzling in his first NFL start.

When he wasn't hooking up with one of his wide receivers or handing off to Robert Turbin, who started in place of injured Marshawn Lynch, the savvy Wilson was gouging the Chiefs for big gains on the ground. He scrambled twice for 58 yards, both times helping to set up scores.

Things didn't go nearly as well for the Chiefs, who were coming off a dud in St. Louis.

New offensive coordinator Brian Daboll's attack fizzled from the start, managing just three yards in the first quarter and going three-and-out on three of its first four chances.

Matt Cassel was 19 of 34 for 168 yards and a touchdown, and was intercepted by Seattle safety Earl Thomas, who returned it 75 yards for a third-quarter touchdown.

Even the special teams were a disaster for Kansas City, which watched Golden Tate zigzag 95 yards on a punt return with 2:12 left in the third quarter. The touchdown gave Seattle a 44-7 lead and sent the sparse crowd at Arrowhead Stadium streaming for the exits.

The Seahawks (No. 22 in the AP Pro 32) are unbeaten in the preseason, and looked downright unbeatable against a Chiefs defense that was among the best in the NFL at the end of last year.

Of course, the Chiefs were playing without starting safety Kendrick Lewis, who is out with a shoulder injury, and cornerback Brandon Flowers, who has missed several weeks with a heel injury.

Still, the Seahawks managed to slash through the defensive line for huge gains on the ground, and that helped give Wilson plenty of time to sit in the pocket and pick apart the secondary.

He led the Seahawks to field goals on their first three possessions before finding tight end Kellen Winslow alone for a 21-yard touchdown pass early in the second quarter.

The Chiefs (No. 18, AP Pro 32) answered with their best drive of the night, going 80 yards and scoring on a short TD pass from Cassel to Dexter McCluster. Wide receiver Dwayne Bowe, who signed his franchise tender just a week ago, caught his only pass on the drive.

Wilson led Seattle to another touchdown before halftime, hitting Anthony McCoy for two big gains and Charly Martin on an 11-yard scoring strike. The drive was helped along by two late hits on Wilson by Chiefs linebacker Tamba Hali, who learned this week he'll be suspended for the season opener against Atlanta after testing positive for a banned substance.

Turbin put an exclamation point on his big night with a 25-yard touchdown run early in the second half to give Seattle a 30-7 lead. The fourth-round draft pick finished with 14 carries for 93 yards in place of Lynch, who missed practice Tuesday and Wednesday with a back injury.

Notes: Brady Quinn was the No. 2 QB for the Chiefs. He's been competing for the job with Ricky Stanzi. ... Chiefs DE Glenn Dorsey had to be helped off the field with a left knee injury. ... Seahawks WR Terrell Owens dropped a couple of easy passes before making a 40-yard grab in the third quarter. ... RB Nate Eachus scored late in the fourth quarter for Kansas City. ... The Chiefs haven't had a winning preseason since 2003, a span of four head coaches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:15 am

I forgot to set my DVR so I didn't get to see it. The game replays on Sunday thank god. It didn't sound so good for the Chiefs. Sounds like Wilson tore us up. I bet Pioli wishes he would have took his ass in the 3rd now! I wondered how Okung would fair against Hali. It sounds like Okung did pretty well! I know what I saw of him he looked damn good in the run game. This sucks boys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:16 am

How did Poe look tonight after Toribio went down?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:21 am

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1165725/berrywooo_medium.gif

It's a wonder we didn't lose Berry again after this hit! Damn! Berry got his ass lit up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:24 am

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1165791/natePOW_medium.gif

I love this Eachus block! That will leave a mark!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:26 am

RustShack wrote:

Rust, how do I post these clips like you did here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redross006
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:10 am

Hey Rust.... I bet that Pioli Kool aid tastes bitter as shit right about now huh? So much for the much improved Pioli and Daboll led Chiefs winning their first playoff game in years this season.
Cassell ABSOLUTELY sucks and is still the best QB on this roster.( Thanks to Pioli not even attemptin to upgrade the position), he got outplayed by a rookie, at Arrowhead. Brian Dabolls offense.....truly offensive. Letting Carr walk.... yeah that panned out.( Jalil Brown was HORRENDOUS). This team is light years away from being a contender... but now Rust....lets hear the excuses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:28 am

redross006 wrote:
Hey Rust.... I bet that Pioli Kool aid tastes bitter as shit right about now huh? So much for the much improved Pioli and Daboll led Chiefs winning their first playoff game in years this season.
Cassell ABSOLUTELY sucks and is still the best QB on this roster.( Thanks to Pioli not even attemptin to upgrade the position), he got outplayed by a rookie, at Arrowhead. Brian Dabolls offense.....truly offensive. Letting Carr walk.... yeah that panned out.( Jalil Brown was HORRENDOUS). This team is light years away from being a contender... but now Rust....lets hear the excuses.

Holy Moly! You got a fart in your brain? You do realize this is just preseason dont you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redross006
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:40 am

BigRatt wrote:
redross006 wrote:

Holy Moly! You got a fart in your brain? You do realize this is just preseason dont you?

Oh.... so because it's just the preseason(albeit the 3rd game which most closely resembles a reg season game) then it's perfectly fine that the Chiefs got FLAT OUT EMBARRASSED at HOME by a ROOKIE QB that wasn"t even touted as one of the top QB's in the draft. NOTHING good came from tonite performance and there are no pro's and a long list of cons. Beating the Cards does not a contender make.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:48 am

This is gonna be how it is with Cassel under center. If we get down early, we are fucked 10 times out of 10. He CAN'T lead us from behind when were down multiple scores. Hell I dont even think he's an efficient game manager. Teams have already caught on to Cassels bullshit "Nothing deeper than 15 yards" offense for this season..His chemistry with his receivers within 10 yards is good when he's not pressured..but when he's pressured he just shits the bed..except that TD pass to McCluster..and I held my breath on that one. He doesnt have the balls to throw the ball to his two physical monster receivers. He's 30 fucking years old and is still a project. There is a fucking reason he dint play in college. Pete Carroll tried to coach his pathetic ass.

It honestly blows my mind that Pioli can put together such a talented roster, but remains content with one of the worse QBs in the league. The faster he mans up and cuts ties with this scrub we have pretending to play QB, the faster we'll make a serious run.

And holy shit. Our defense literally quit on us tonight. They knew what Russell Wilson was about and failed to stop him. They passed on us. They ran on us. Stanford Routt has been a disaster so far. Im gonna wait til he lines up with Flowers instead of that Jalil Brown scrub before I call him an awful signing..but im not happy with what ive saw so far.

Pete Carroll is putting together a hell of a team. He's not content with being mediocre like the jackoffs we have here. He made not one, but two moves at QB this offseason. He wants to win. We dont.

I really just wonder how many fucking Head Coaches we are going to go through before we end this Cassel bullshit. If he manages to get an extension after this contract is up, im going to lose it.

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs versus Hawks   

Back to top Go down

Chiefs versus Hawks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next