ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

**Preseason Game 1: Cardinals @ Chiefs**

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: **Preseason Game 1: Cardinals @ Chiefs**   Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:55 pm

LETS GET THIS SHIT STARTED!!!

Expectations or predictions anyone?

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: **Preseason Game 1: Cardinals @ Chiefs**   Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:37 pm

According to multiple reports out of Kansas City, franchised Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe appears to be on his way back to the area and is reportedly on the verge of signing his one-year tender.

The Chiefs open up their preseason tonight against the Arizona Cardinals at Arrowhead Stadium.

Bowe was spotted on a commercial flight from Atlanta to Kansas City this afternoon, with his trek detailed and monitored by SB Nation's Chiefs blog Arrowhead Pride. Nick Jacobs of TWC Metro Sports confirmed that Bowe had landed at Kansas City International airport, but the wideout offered no comment.

KMBC in Kansas City reports that Bowe has agreed to terms with Chiefs, but after failing to reach a deal before the July 16 deadline, the two sides are unable to reach agreement on a multi-year contract until after the team's regular season finale.

Bowe, 27, has caught 356 passes for 4,927 yards and 36 touchdowns during his five-year career with the Chiefs, who selected the LSU product in the first round of the 2007 NFL Draft. Bowe's tender is worth $9.515 million in base salary, which will become fully guaranteed once the tender is signed.

Of the NFL-record 21 players to receive the franchise tag this offseason, Bowe is the only player who remains unsigned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: **Preseason Game 1: Cardinals @ Chiefs**   Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:45 pm

I hope Quinn gets some reps with the starters. I expect it to be very vanilla and we won't get that great of a feel for the team. I hope Cassel looks like dog shit and the heat is put on.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: **Preseason Game 1: Cardinals @ Chiefs**   Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:35 am

Oh mah gawd ladys and gentlemen..we have ourselves a football team! Cassel played great, Hillis played great, Charles looks a little more hesitant on his cuts but thats normal. Our OL is pure beast. We DOMINATED up front. McCluster started off great for us as well. Dabolls playcalling was alot better than I really expected. Mixed it up with alot of different types of runs and formations. Defensively I thought we were just as great. Poe forced double teams every single snap. Our linebackers are simply sick..might be the best group in the league. If we play like that every game, were going to win alot of games, and some playoff games.

As far as Quinn and Stanzi go..Quinn made alot of good decisions tonight..some of his throws were off though. Stanzi didnt play as bad as his stats showed..He had 2 drops from Newsome that would have resulted in about 30 yards. I still love how he moves in the pocket. Hopefully he gets a chance with the 2s next week so we can get a better look at what we have with him and Quinn.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: **Preseason Game 1: Cardinals @ Chiefs**   Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:05 pm

This is the most balanced team the Chiefs have ever had. We didn't even have Bowe either, and we are young.. this team is just getting started. We can pass on anyone, we can run on anyone, and we can stop anyone. Even if Cassel isn't a great QB, all of these weapons and how good the OL is.. he might end up putting up great stats. Somewhat like a shitty QB looking pretty decent when they just threw it up to Moss.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: **Preseason Game 1: Cardinals @ Chiefs**   Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:24 am

We cant take too much from it..it is preseason..and it was just the Cardinals. If we can repeat that type of performance with the first team for the next couple preseason games into the regular season ill be sold.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: **Preseason Game 1: Cardinals @ Chiefs**   Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:04 pm

Preseason Week 1 couldn't have possibly gone any better for the Kansas City Chiefs. Both sides of the ball looked very crisp. To say we can pass/run/stop anyone is absurd, Rusty, but this team has top 10 talent dripping from all levels of the field! Best of all, the player's are already showing a dramatically increased comfort level with this coaching staff than they have in previous years. Matt Cassel looked confident and had velocity on his passes I have never seen before out of him. The entire offense seemed to know what they were supposed to do and how they were gonna do it. The defense looked sick! Enough said about that.

But TDBowe is right, this was only the Arizona Cardinals and this was only the first week of the preseason. If the Chiefs are able to carry this into the start of the regular season, I'm gonna be drinking all the Chiefs Kool-Aid I can possibly get my greedy ass hands on!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: **Preseason Game 1: Cardinals @ Chiefs**   Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Maybe not at dominate as I accidentally made it sound. But we can run on basically anyone. If they put the eight or nine guys in the box it would take to stop our rushing game, one of those receivers will easily get open to burn you through the air. I have no doubt our defense can keep most teams from scoring more points than us.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: **Preseason Game 1: Cardinals @ Chiefs**   Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:26 am

RustShack wrote:
Maybe not at dominate as I accidentally made it sound. But we can run on basically anyone. If they put the eight or nine guys in the box it would take to stop our rushing game, one of those receivers will easily get open to burn you through the air. I have no doubt our defense can keep most teams from scoring more points than us.

I agree! That game was a breath of fresh air. It's been along time since I have seen the Chiefs this damn good this early! Might have to back to the teams of the 90's to find such a good start. It amazed me that we did it without much contribution from our studs. Cassell looked efficient. Hillis is a damn beast that looks to be in 2010 form. Defense looked damn good. Poe did a great job of getting doubled and holding his ground. He had a few pressures which looked good. No doubt he's going to get better this year. Can't wait for tomorrow night to see round 2!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: **Preseason Game 1: Cardinals @ Chiefs**   Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:15 pm

RustShack wrote:
This is the most balanced team the Chiefs have ever had. We didn't even have Bowe either, and we are young.. this team is just getting started. We can pass on anyone, we can run on anyone, and we can stop anyone. Even if Cassel isn't a great QB, all of these weapons and how good the OL is.. he might end up putting up great stats. Somewhat like a shitty QB looking pretty decent when they just threw it up to Moss.

looks like the stopping anyone is anyone but the high powered offense of the St. Louis Rams
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: **Preseason Game 1: Cardinals @ Chiefs**   

Back to top Go down

**Preseason Game 1: Cardinals @ Chiefs**
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1