ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Projected Depth Chart

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Projected Depth Chart   Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:38 am

Kansas City Chiefs Projected 53 Man Roster
AUGUST 2ND, 2012

Cameron Sheffield made the cut. Who didn’t?
KCCD Editor: Jason Madson

We are a week into Chiefs Training Camp and had our first off day yesterday. So instead of the Training Camp notes and pictures, I take a stab at the 53 man roster and practice squad. After you check it out, throw us a comment on what you’d change or even post your changes in the comments.

I balanced the team out pretty evenly, with 24 on offense, 26 on defense and 3 special teams. Take a look at my projected roster after the jump.

OFFENSE

Quarterbacks (3)

Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, Ricky Stanzi

Running backs (4)

Jamaal Charles, Peyton Hillis, Cyrus Gray, Shane Bannon

Wide Receivers (6)

Dwayne Bowe, Jonathan Baldwin, Steve Breaston, Dexter McCluster, Devon Wylie, Terrance Copper

Tight Ends (3)

Tony Moeaki, Kevin Boss, Steve Maneri

Offensive Linemen (8)

Branden Albert, Ryan Lilja, Rodney Hudson, Jon Asamoah, Eric Winston, David Mims, Jeff Allen, Donald Stephenson

DEFENSE

DefensiveLinemen (8)

Tyson Jackson, Glenn Dorsey, Dontari Poe, Amon Gordon, Allen Bailey, Anthony Toribio, Brandon Bair, Jerrell Powe

Linebackers (8)

Derrick Johnson, Jovan Belcher, Tamba Hali, Justin Houston, Cameron Sheffield, Brandon Siler, Cory Greenwood, Andy Studebaker

Defensive Backs (10)

Brandon Flowers, Stanford Routt, Kendrick Lewis, Eric Berry, Javier Arenas, Abe Elam, De’Quan Menzie, Jalil Brown, Donald Washington, Travis Daniels

SPECIAL TEAMS

Kicker (1)

Ryan Succop

Punter (1)

Dustin Colquitt

Long-snapper (1)

Thomas Gafford

Practice Squad (8)

Nate Eachus, Junior Hemingway, Josh Bellamy, Darryl Harris, Lucas Patterson, Jerome Long, Dexter Heyman, Neiko Thorpe

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Projected Depth Chart   Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:41 am

AUGUST 2ND, 2012

The quarterbacks were pretty simple. I can’t see the Chiefs keeping a 4th string, no matter how many trick Alex Tanney can do. Cassel is the starter, without a doubt. I put Quinn as the backup. I know this won’t be popular, but his experience and knowing the staff give him the nod over Stanzi. Stanzi is still a big part of the Chiefs future. He could even be a part of 2012 if Cassel gets injured and Quinn performs poorly. The fans will call for Stanzi with a passion.

Running back was a little more difficult to decide. The top 2 are obvious in Charles and Hillis. The next group was difficult to pick thru. Cyrus Gray makes it because the Chiefs “wasted” a pick if he doesn’t. Shane Bannon gets selected because he is another Pioli pick and has some skills, especially when Hillis gets the ball. Shaun Draughn will get a hard look from me once he puts in a few actual game carries. Same can be said to a lesser extent for Nate Eachus.

This was the most difficult of all the decisions. Wide Receiver is full of talented, young players that are all trying their damnedest to make a play. Bowe will sign and get in before week 1. Baldwin is having a tremendous start to his 2012 training camp. Breaston is a solid contributor as proved last year. Devon Wylie should surpass Dexter in my mind as the trick/gadget guy by midseason. I had trouble putting Dexter on this list. He is good, but other players should surpass him this year in his different roles. Terrance Copper makes the cut for his special teams skills. A guy like Zeke Markshausen will become a fan favorite this preseason, but we already have him in Devon Wylie. Jamar Newsome, Brandon Kinnie and Josh Bellamy have all looked good in spots this camp.

The top 2 tight ends give Kansas City a nice one-two punch. If they can stay healthy, this position goes from a weakness in 2011 to a strength in 2012. Steve Maneri is kept for his ability to be a strong run game blocker and can play offensive tackle if needed. I have seen too many drops from Jake O’Connell in camp. Time Biere could be a nice player, but not the right time for him.

Offensive line is another tough position to predict, with so much young talent. The starters are basically etched in stone, so the backups were the main point of emphasis here. Donald Stephenson and Jeff Allen have to make the team, based on their draft position. I went with David Mims as the 3rd bench OLine, because of how far he has come from a developmental standpoint. Darryl Harris was put into heavy consideration as well . I was very close to putting 9 offensive lineman on the team. Guys like Lucas Patterson, Cam Holland and Rob Bruggeman will get a good look for their ability to play interior line. Most of the guys I kept were offensive tackle prospects.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Projected Depth Chart   Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:41 am

AUGUST 2ND, 2012

Brandon Bair enters the 2012 season on the 53 man roster.
Defensive line was fairly easy for me to project. The 8 I have on the list are about the only 8 worth taking on the roster. Besides his size, Ropati Pitoitua hasn’t impressed at all. Jerome Long and Ethan Johnson are young guys that may get another shot in the future.

The Chiefs have a good mix of veteran and young talent at the linebacker position. So much so, that this was another very tough decision. The 8 I kept on were the players I have been most impressed within camp so far. It was tough to leave Gabe Miller and Caleb Campbell off the team, but I can’t see them making it over one of the group I picked. Dexter Heyman has a future on the practice squad.Leon Williams is another guy that I just haven’t seen enough of this camp.

This Chiefs camp is loaded with defensive backs. I’m actually looking forward to the first cut day, so some of this group can hopefully be shown the door. The 10 DBs that I have making the team are a great mix of depth and special teamers to go along with the starters. The Chiefs didn’t have this sort of depth last year, and it hurt them. The guys I have the Chiefs cutting are mainly rookies or 2nd year undrafted types. The only vet that is cut in this projection is Jacques Reeves. He has done nothing to earn a spot over one of the other 10.

Not much competition in the special teams camp. These 3 have all been Chiefs for a while. The only competition has been from rookie Matt Szymanski, who’s been punting and kicking. He won’t make the team.

The practice squad is a good mix of youthful talent. I looked at all the players available and tried to create the best squad featuring talent and potential.

Without any addition to the roster, I see this is how the 53 man and practice squad shake out to start the season. There is a nice mix of star power and depth. This might be one of the most talented and well balanced Chiefs teams I have seen in a long time. Let’s hope it plays out that way on the field.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Projected Depth Chart   Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:48 am

I feel like we can have better DE depth than Brandon Bair. I'd probably rather keep Ropati Pitoitua.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Projected Depth Chart   Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:54 pm

Copper is still on the team!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Projected Depth Chart   

Back to top Go down

Projected Depth Chart
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1