ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

***Training Camp***

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: ***Training Camp***   Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lets get this shit rolling

AuthorMessage
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:56 pm

RustShack wrote:
This can't be right, because Chiefs09 thinks Baldwin is awful and a waste of a first round draft pick.

I never said Baldwin was awful. As a matter of fact if you go back I said if he gets his head screwed on he has Calvin Johnson talent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:57 pm

and a good training camp doesnt prove you have gotten your head on str8
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:58 pm

If he does get it right no doubt Bowe is playing his last season in KC. Hope he does. playoff team this year and after dumping cassel and Jackson next year maybe a contender next year for it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:01 pm

Sorry to bust your bubble, but Jackson likely isn't going anywhere unless another team offers him a huge contract. Cassel probably wont go anywhere either if he wins a playoff game this year which is very very possible...

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:06 pm

Your boy Routt is doing a lot better at covering than both Flowers and Berry too...

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:07 pm

Arrowhead Pride ‏@ArrowheadPride
Cassel deep to Baldwin is incomplete....but I like the idea of just flinging it deep even if Baldwin is covered.

Brandon Kiley ‏@BKSportsTalk
#ChiefsCamp Stand outs thus far: Stanford Routt, Shaun Draughn, Josh Bellamy, Matt Cassel

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:39 pm

Brandon Kiley ‏@BKSportsTalk
Worst player on the field today... Ricky Stanzi. Just didn't look like he belonged. Held onto the ball too long, & ball placement was poor

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:15 pm

RustShack wrote:
Your boy Routt is doing a lot better at covering than both Flowers and Berry too...

send him to the hall. he is better in practice than flowers and berry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:18 pm

I dont judge teams or players based on camp or preseason. I know camp tells how great a player is going to be but in case you didnt know none of it counts til regular season begins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:52 am

Yeah, good practice players have never been good football players. I know. Honestly, don't know why they practice, do you?

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:09 am

I think the offseason Cassell spent with the pitching coach, Brady, and Brees may have helped him. Baldwin is no doubt on fire! Boss is tearing it up as well. I hope they keep this going.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:11 pm

RustShack wrote:
Yeah, good practice players have never been good football players. I know. Honestly, don't know why they practice, do you?

I didnt say practice wasnt needed but to say Routt is better than Flowers and Berry after a couple of practices in camp is stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:12 pm

and from the sound of it the way Baldwin is practicing its already time to say he is better than Jerry Rice ever was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:47 pm

I don't think he said Routt was better than those two. Also Baldwin doing great doesn't make him the best Ed either. You just like to over exaggerate, a lot. You are one of those guys who is views things in extreams, like a Sith if you watch Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:35 pm

You are too much sometimes man. Routt covering Baldwin better than Flowers doesn't make him better than Flowers. Cromartie could cover Moss a lot better than Revis, but Revis is still better against most others.

Baldwin will never put up the stats as Rice, but its somewhat like the whos better, Moss or Rice argument. My opinion Moss was the best ever in his prime and when he wanted to be. But Rice obviously had the better head on his shoulders and lasted a lot longer. Its way too early to say Baldwin is even top five in the NFL currently though. But he could get there in the next few years.

But I'm sorry that it really upsets you when players you hate are looking great. And its funny(and true) what Sly says. You are just all about extremes, and refuse to have an unbiased opinion and can't view something for what it actually is. Its either great or awful with you, never the inbetween which most things usually are.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:52 pm

LOL. Again I think I am the only one that has said Baldwin has C. Johnson talent. If I hated Baldwin I doubt I'd say that. My point is he hasnt proven yet that he can get his head screwed on straight for the long haul. So I wont declare him one of the greats after a couple practices like you will Rust. As far as Routt I dont like or dislike him. He is no Carr for sure. I seem to remember you saying on here last year that Carr was actually better than Flowers. now that we signed Flowers and let Carr go Carr wasnt a good fit for us and Routt is a hall of famer in our system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:55 pm

And there you go with the extremes again. I've never said Carr wasn't a good fit, and I've never said Routt was a HOFer.

I wanted Baldwin before the season started the year we drafted him, and hes done nothing so far for me to think hes any worse. Of course I still think hes going to be good, especially since KC has never had a WR look so good in training camp.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Powe showed strength and the ability to break the line, just didnt see enough to say anything definitive. #Chiefs

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:59 pm

QB's:

In the QB drills both Stanzi and Quinn made some poor passes.
All 3 QB's made overthrows on fades but the WR's weren't really giving an all out effort. Both Cassel and Quinn's passes I thought could have been caught with more effort

7-7 Cassel owned. Quinn had some flashes but Cassel made some great passes. I think one was overthrown and 1 or 2 were just defensed really well. I didn't watch Stanzi as he was at the other end of the field but when I did it was just hand offs.

11-11 Cassel owned again. Some very sweet passes. Some in tight coverage, some put where only a WR like Baldwin could go up and get it. Quinn didn't look too bad but his accuracy wasn't there but there reads were good, I thought. Stanzi again looked mediocre with I thought his best plays being when he used his legs.

WR's:
Baldwin is a fucking beast. Plain and fucking simple, Baldwin is a fucking beast. No, he is not a beast...he is a magnetic beast. Everything near him was caught. Bowe better wake up cause I think this guy can run him out if that's what it comes down too.

Breaston had a sweet TD catch.

Dex had a couple good catches.

Copper dropped a sure TD. Had it in his hands and didn't pull it in. It was a good pass from Quinn,

TE's:

Really only wathed Boss and he is going to be an excellent addition to this team. Guy has hands and seems to be a good "tweener" that can run the more traditional TE routes.

Defense:

1-1 drills both Hali and Houston were on. They hit and the blockers couldn't shake em'. Houston looked pretty decent in pass coverage as well.

Flowers had some nice plays tonight. Broke up a couple passes including a slant which is arguably one of the hardest routes to defend.

Poe....I didn't get to see much of Poe but what little I did see looked very promising. I saw him in a 1-1 drill and he was shoving the blocker back pretty good like. Saw him in a base and nickel. In the base he seemed to get a decent push but Quinn roled out, not sure if by design or not? In nickel he took on 2 blockers and while they held him off he was not knocked off the play from what I could see.

Concerns:

QB is a major concern if Cassel goes down. Cassel looked great save he still tends to stare down receivers but his throws and reads were excellent tonight. quinn had some flashes but accuracy worried me with him. Stanzi just didn't look that impressive. A lot of his throws were just bad in drills and what I saw of him in 11-11. He got picked once and almost got picked twice.

The O-line still concerns me but this could be my being new to TC. In 11-11 if they were allowed to sack the QB it looked like Cassel would have been on his ass a couple times. Although on the TD he threw to Baldwin up top he stepped up in a nice pocket. I don't know how hard the lines really go at it with each other?

Hudson had a bad snap and though it's early that can't happen. I don't know if it was our D-line beasting or our O-line being soft but it just appeared that if sacks were allowed there would have been a few on both Cassel and Quinn with no fault on the QB. The d-line just seemed to penetrate.

It's only day 5 and you can tell guys are still getting their legs. The practice seemed to be organized, however and RAC let the coaches coach. I didn't see him getting involved with a lot other than the defense.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:19 pm

RustShack wrote:
And there you go with the extremes again. I've never said Carr wasn't a good fit, and I've never said Routt was a HOFer.

I wanted Baldwin before the season started the year we drafted him, and hes done nothing so far for me to think hes any worse. Of course I still think hes going to be good, especially since KC has never had a WR look so good in training camp.
You did want Baldwin I remember. I have said from the get go he has tremendous talent but have also mentioned a bunch of WR that were huge talents coming out of college that busted because they had screws loose.
If somebody can get through to him and help him grow up he can potentially be great. I hope he does become that so we dont have to sign Bowe long term next year. Not that Bowe doesnt have talent I dont trust him to play once he gets his money. There are only 2 players on this team I hate... Cassel and Jackson. I hope they both go down in week one with season ending injuries. This team would instantly be much better if they werent on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:27 pm

This team would not be better if Jackson weren't on it. And it isn't going to be nearly as easy to replace him as you think. Its not impossible to replace him, but its not needed either. Just because he isn't playing like the #3 pick doesn't mean hes not playing better than any other option we have.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
RustShack wrote:

You did want Baldwin I remember. I have said from the get go he has tremendous talent but have also mentioned a bunch of WR that were huge talents coming out of college that busted because they had screws loose.
If somebody can get through to him and help him grow up he can potentially be great. I hope he does become that so we dont have to sign Bowe long term next year. Not that Bowe doesnt have talent I dont trust him to play once he gets his money. There are only 2 players on this team I hate... Cassel and Jackson. I hope they both go down in week one with season ending injuries. This team would instantly be much better if they werent on it.

I'll say it again. I had a strong feeling in the offseason that Baldwin was going to break out this year. He's already looking like a beast against Flowers and Routt. Baldwin is going to have a damn good year this year! I think by the time this season ends, there's going to be a bunch of teams wondering why they overlooked him. I hope Cassell keeps showing the polish that he has so far. We could be in for great things if he does! It's gonna be pretty hard for him to screw up with a crew like Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Boss, Moeaki, Dex, Wylie, and Charles. Winston is going to help him out as well. Been a long time since we had a legit RT let alone one of the best in the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:38 pm

I hope you are right Ratt. The potential is unlimited for Baldwin if someone got through to him. If he pans out and Bowe reports even Cassel cant screw it up barring injury. And if there really is so much offensive talent around Cassel then maybe our only real weakness will be the Dline. I still say a playoff win this year but no real SB threat but who knows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:09 pm

ST. JOSEPH -- The first segment of Chiefs training camp ended Tuesday with a night practice at Spratt Stadium, and whether you were there or not, you probably know about the first week’s biggest storyline.

Yes, that wide receiver everyone keeps talking about. It’s a shame he has baggage, because we could all be a little more certain about him if not for that. As it stands, this young wideout with so much talent — you’re not a first-round pick without big skills — could be a significant reason why the 2012 season is a success and not a failure.

Jon Baldwin, not Dwayne Bowe, has been the most important player for the Chiefs during this first week of the preseason, and boy, has he answered the challenge. Baldwin, not Bowe, is not only in attendance but is emerging as a player who looks like a young star who could give quarterback Matt Cassel a tall, powerful option down the field. Baldwin, not Bowe, is doing everything right when the man who was supposed to be his mentor is making a career mistake by refusing to sign his franchise tender — and allowing a second-year receiver to show the Chiefs how it’s done.

Let’s discuss Bowe for a moment. This is actually bad news for him. When a player decides to skip practices or weeks or an entire camp, it is to remind the team that it would be in trouble without him. Think this week was tough? Just imagine what it’d be like to go an entire season like this.

As it stands, with each passing day and each time Baldwin leaps to catch a touchdown pass in the back of the end zone, as he did Tuesday night, Bowe’s value and importance to the Chiefs drops. Oh, the Chiefs still want and expect Bowe to be on the practice field at some point, and would likely still pencil him into the starting lineup, but the absence of their 2007 first-round pick is being overshadowed by the presence of their 2011 first-round pick.

Baldwin has been so good that there’s no panic here. Cassel already looks more comfortable with the youngster than he ever has with Bowe. There’s more confidence that Baldwin will run a perfect route, will be there when the ball arrives, will hold onto it when it hits his hands. Baldwin has, in offseason practices and in a week of training camp, been everything you want a first-round receiver to be. For months now, Baldwin has taken such an impressive step that there’s not just hope but budding certainty that the Chiefs will be, for however long it’s necessary, just fine without Bowe.

There was suspicion last year that Baldwin might have been built in the same, undependable mold as his veteran teammate. When he stepped to running back Thomas Jones during last year’s camp, suffering a broken hand that would sideline him the first six weeks, it was easy to think that Baldwin was a high-risk player whose future already looked murky. He couldn’t even finish camp without finding trouble — a fight with a respected team leader, no less.

Time passed, though, and the Chiefs started asking questions and hearing encouraging answers. The first was whether Baldwin, a rookie, had been intimidated by Jones, who’s maybe the last person on Planet Earth that anyone should pick a fight with. When the team learned that Baldwin hadn’t been scared and had defended himself, coaches were disappointed that he’d been hurt, sure, but they kind of respected that he hadn’t been rattled.

Later, they asked whether Baldwin was doing all the right things in rehab and in the downtime that can make or break a rookie’s career. The kid kept his mouth closed, did what was asked, and when the cast finally came off and Baldwin made his NFL debut, he was well-conditioned, focused and able. A week later, in a home win against San Diego on Monday night, he came down with an acrobatic 39-yard touchdown catch that began to show what the Chiefs had been waiting for.

Those are the kinds of catches that Baldwin has been making consistently in OTAs and so far in training camp. If the Chiefs asked a new question — how will Baldwin respond when the spotlight shifts in his direction? — they’re learning the answer.

He’s making it look easy, while Bowe is just making life difficult.

It’s understandable that Bowe has no interest in participating in practices that’ll earn him zero additional dollars on top of his $9.5 million tender. These weeks are hot and thankless, and if you ask any veteran player what he won’t miss when it’s time to retire, he’ll likely say training camp. But the problem with Bowe is that there’s no way to know what he’ll look and play like when he finally does join the Chiefs, whether that’s Thursday (almost inconceivable) or shortly before the regular season begins (looking more likely by the day). This has been discussed and written to death, but Bowe doesn’t have a spotless history when it comes to these matters. With a new coach and quarterback in 2009, he arrived to camp around 30 pounds heavier than his target weight, and whether it was an accident or not, as he said at the time, Bowe turned to a diuretic to shed the extra pounds — a move that got him suspended for four games by the NFL.

So life with Bowe has been an adventure, and it continues to be. If he arrives out of shape and with no knowledge of the offense, there will be no hurry to rush him back into the starting lineup. That’s what he must have thought it would be like when he opted to skip practices and remind the Chiefs of his value. But that plan has now blown up in his face.

What’s interesting is that another receiver with a spotty history seems to have vowed to erase the doubt that lingers from the past; without a new contract to play for or a statement to make, Baldwin keeps making the dazzling plays and the easy ones, saying the right things, and just being a player the Chiefs can depend on day after day.

Now that Baldwin has made us think about it, none of that has ever been true of Bowe.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Allen (@savagechiefs92) and I sat next to Jon Baldwin’s dad during practice tonight. He also played at Pittsburgh and he played with Bill Maas and Dan Marino. This guy was awesome. He was cheering for the entire team and kept on asking us who the players were. He was impressed with Cyrus Gray.
The coolest thing he did happened before practice actually started. He said, “watch this”. He then stood up and cuffed his mouth and hooted a call that sounded like a crow and couple of times. Baldwin was on the other side of the field, but when he heard it, he snapped his head around looking for his dad and when Mr. Baldwin raised his hand, Baldwin waved at him and continued on catching balls. His dad told us, “I have done that for him since he was playing ball as a kid. He would tell me, ‘Do the call daddy, so that I know where you are’” It was extremely heart warming.

PostSubject: Re: ***Training Camp***   

Back to top Go down

***Training Camp***
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next