ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Ricky Stanzi could be rising up the ranks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Ricky Stanzi could be rising up the ranks   Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:24 am

Posted by Mike Florio on June 2, 2012, 10:22 AM EDT

APIn March, the Chiefs pursued flirted played tonsil hockey with evaluated quarterback Peyton Manning. Eventually, the Chiefs added former Browns and Broncos quarterback Brady Quinn.

Quinn’s knowledge of new coordinator Brian Daboll’s offense prompted speculation that the former first-rounder may have a chance to unseat Matt Cassel. As it turns out, Cassel should perhaps be more concerned about Ricky Stanzi.

According to Nick Toney of KCChiefs.com, Stanzi supplanted Quinn this week as the second-team quarterback during Organized Team Activities.

Coach Romeo Crennel wasn’t asked about the backup-quarterback battle during a post-practice media availability on Friday. But it’s no secret that the Chiefs like Stanzi. A fifth-round pick in 2011, Stanzi played at Iowa for Kirk Ferentz, who has a strong relationship with Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli.

Last month, Pioli defended the decision not to draft a signal-called in 2012 by explaining that the team has “three good quarterbacks.”

Quinn and Stanzi presumably will battle it out during training camp for the No. 2 spot on the depth chart. At least Quinn won’t have to worry about billboards or other fan-driven efforts that would make Stanzi the first man off the bench even if Quinn wins the fight, fairly and squarely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stanzi could be rising up the ranks   Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:14 pm

If Stanzi takes over as the starter, someone might have to come calm me down. I am an Iowa fan and not very many iowa QBs get a chance like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stanzi could be rising up the ranks   Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:43 pm

Chiefs | Ricky Stanzi could become starter
Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:18:33 -0700

Kansas City Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli and quarterbacks coach have praised the work of QB Ricky Stanzi as he battles for the backup job with QB Brady Quinn. "We drafted a quarterback last year who I truly believe has good ability and has the potential to start in this league," Pioli said. "I really do believe that."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz20uWc0qZw

This sucks because I thought Satnzi had a chance. but now that Pioli likes him I'm not so sure. Pioli still thinks Cassel is a hall of famer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stanzi could be rising up the ranks   Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Calling Stanzi a starter in the NFL isn't really high praise. Matt Cassel is a starter too. He would likely start for another team in the NFL too, because we are far from the only team without a Super Star QB.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stanzi could be rising up the ranks   Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:08 pm

But we do have the worst starter in the league.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stanzi could be rising up the ranks   Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Sadly(or luckily?) he isn't.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stanzi could be rising up the ranks   Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:26 pm

I'll give you sanchez is close and can be seen as worse. if tebow wins out there he is definately worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stanzi could be rising up the ranks   Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:43 pm

Stanzi has allot of the same abilities as a Tom Brady. Thats just watching him and how he leads his team. Guys love to play with him. If he realizes that potential is another story. Stanzi could sit back and take everything in and become one of those QBs that comes out of nowhere. If he listens to Zorn and waits for his chances and takes advantage. It could happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stanzi could be rising up the ranks   Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:12 pm

Its just funny that most Iowa fans I'd talk to Stanzi's senior year didn't even like him and was just waiting for him to make another stupid play.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stanzi could be rising up the ranks   Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:15 pm

Thats just because they were bitter about his performance as a sophomre and the first few games of his junior year. He did very well at the end of his junior year and his senior year. Not allot of mistakes and his teammates loved playing with him.
With all of that I still dont think he is really that talented. But they did say those things about brady.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stanzi could be rising up the ranks   

Back to top Go down

Ricky Stanzi could be rising up the ranks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1