ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Pioli says Chiefs have three good QBs, didn’t need to draft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Pioli says Chiefs have three good QBs, didn’t need to draft    Thu May 17, 2012 3:20 pm

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 17, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT

Getty ImagesKansas City wanted to sign Peyton Manning this offseason, and when that didn’t work out, there was some talk that the Chiefs might draft a quarterback in the first round. That didn’t happen either, however, and Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli says that’s fine, because the Chiefs don’t need a quarterback.

According to Pioli, starter Matt Cassel and backups Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi have the Chiefs well positioned at the most important position.

“I think that we have a really good quarterback,” Pioli said on WHB in Kansas City, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I think we have three good quarterbacks. I think the guy who’s set to be our starting quarterback is a good quarterback, he’s a good starting NFL quarterback. . . . I think as he gets more opportunities, Matt is gonna continue to show people that he’s a good NFL quarterback. It’s interesting. I’ve been out and about town with my family, and I talk to fans, you talk to fans, you hear different things, and there’s a lot of times where I hear from people — there’s people out there that don’t understand the criticism of Matt, or this growing groundswell in pockets of Matt allegedly not being a good enough quarterback.”

Cassel didn’t look like a really good quarterback last season, but Pioli remains convinced that he is one, and he also believes Quinn and Stanzi are capable. And he said using a first-round pick on a quarterback this year would have been a mistake.

“I think we would’ve been reaching,” Pioli said. “By the time we made our first pick there were three quarterbacks off the board.”

Pioli and Kevin Kietzman of WHB got a little testy with each other as Kietzman pressed Pioli about why the Chiefs couldn’t have traded up in the draft, with Pioli at one point asking, “Are you going to let me answer?” when he felt Kietzman was interrupting him, and Pioli zinging Kietzman with, “I hope you become general manager of the Denver Broncos” when Kietzman told Pioli that he would have traded the Chiefs’ entire draft to move up and take Andrew Luck first overall. Pioli doesn’t seem to like the relentless questions from some in Kansas City about whether the Chiefs can win with Cassel.

And Pioli surely knows that the questions will not go away until the Chiefs do win with Cassel. So Pioli just has to hope he’s right that Cassel is a really good quarterback.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Pioli says Chiefs have three good QBs, didn’t need to draft    Thu May 17, 2012 8:48 pm

If Cassel does not perform well this year he has to be gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Pioli says Chiefs have three good QBs, didn’t need to draft    Thu May 17, 2012 10:18 pm

the fact that Pioli thinks the Chiefs are in great shape at QB is funny. I dont believe he is actually that stupid to believe it. there just wasnt one worth taking so he didnt. dont know why he cant just say it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Pioli says Chiefs have three good QBs, didn’t need to draft    Fri May 18, 2012 12:24 am

I think Quinn is going to be a lot better than anyone else believes.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Pioli says Chiefs have three good QBs, didn’t need to draft    Fri May 18, 2012 2:32 pm

I think he is the best on the team for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Pioli says Chiefs have three good QBs, didn’t need to draft    Fri May 18, 2012 3:30 pm

I also think Stanzi is just as good of a prospect if not better than anyone else we had a chance to draft.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Pioli says Chiefs have three good QBs, didn’t need to draft    Fri May 18, 2012 4:36 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:
If Cassel does not perform well this year he has to be gone.

Yeah I agree, It's make or break time for Cassel. I like the guy where most don't. I just don't see how he doesn't succeed this year. I see KC winning the division and at playoff games with Cassel under center. Have a feeling KC will be last years SF.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Pioli says Chiefs have three good QBs, didn’t need to draft    Fri May 18, 2012 7:48 pm

I agree, Cassel isn't good by any means. BUT he isn't bad enough to fail with the current roster.. I don't think anyone is. Cassel really doesn't turn the ball over much, especially when hes playing smart short passing like we did with Weis. With Charles, Hillis, and McCluster pounding it he wont have to throw it around much. Our defense will keep us in every game on top of that. And he has Moeaki, Boss, our new Wes Welker slot guy(Wylie?) to line up with Bowe, Baldwin, and Breaston not to mention Charles and McCluster out of the backfield.. oh and a very talented and deep OL.

Chiefs will shock the nation this year. Might not actually win the SB(yet), but we will do far better than anyone expects!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Pioli says Chiefs have three good QBs, didn’t need to draft    Sat May 19, 2012 12:31 pm

I think a lot of people think KC can win the division. dont know how they can go much further without going to SB. and our 4th round pick is our new 100 catch guy this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Pioli says Chiefs have three good QBs, didn’t need to draft    Sun May 20, 2012 2:54 am

We have 2 unknowns and 1 failure at QB. No certainly good QB.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Pioli says Chiefs have three good QBs, didn’t need to draft    Mon May 21, 2012 7:48 pm

I think we are in pretty good shape at QB. The "current" starter isn't good, but I'd give Stanzi and especially Quinn a chance before anyone else in the draft besides Andrew Luck. I personally think RG3 is a bust too. Weird situation though, wouldn't be shocked if Luck is the one who busts though unless somehow the Colts completely turn the ship around in a few years because Luck walked into a disaster... and I thought Pioli stepped into a bad situation... damn.

PostSubject: Re: Pioli says Chiefs have three good QBs, didn’t need to draft    

Back to top Go down

Pioli says Chiefs have three good QBs, didn’t need to draft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1