ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Chiefs OL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Chiefs OL   Tue May 08, 2012 3:10 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...-line-rankings

4. Kansas City Chiefs

LT: Branden Albert*
LG: Ryan Lilja*
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Jon Asamoah*
RT: Eric Winston

Top reserves: G/T Jeff Allen, OG Daryl Harris, OT Donald Stephenson, C Rob Bruggeman, OT David Mims.

Overview: The Chiefs are gearing up to run one of the NFL's most smash-mouth attacks, and they have the trench talent to execute. Tackle play is an immediate strength with Albert emerging as perhaps the league's most underrated blindside blocker, and Winston joining the mix on the strong side. Asamoah is a nasty right guard whose run blocking will only improve as a second-year starter. Groomed behind Casey Wiegmann last season, Hudson is ready for prime time at center. Lilja and rookie Allen will duke it out at left guard. Depth is a concern beyond the top six linemen here, but this unit oozes potential and will likely prove to be a top-five grouping in '12.

AuthorMessage
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Thu May 24, 2012 6:45 pm

So you are saying that KC isnt a good team? I thought Pioli was god.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Thu May 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
So you are saying that KC isnt a good team? I thought Pioli was god.

Yes they will be a very good team this year.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Fri May 25, 2012 2:06 pm

And Jackson improving isnt saying much. When you are one of the worst DE's in the entire league is there anywhere else to go other than up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Fri May 25, 2012 6:32 pm

Continue making yourself look stupid. He's far from the worst. You only hate him because Pioli drafted him and he's not a Pro Bowler yet.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Sat May 26, 2012 12:25 pm

I said he WAS the among the worst. his first couple of years there is no question about that. so he could only improve from where he was. improving and being good arent the same. he will never be a pro bowler. hopefully after this year Clark doesnt want to pay him 14 mil and he is released. the guys behind him are better but since they werent drafted 3 they dont start. Just like Quinn is our best QB but since he isnt being payed close to what Cassel is Pioli wont let Crennel start Quinn over Cassel. and if you dont think Pioli has final say in whether "his guys" start you arent in the real world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Sat May 26, 2012 10:18 pm

Lol who's better than Jackson that's behind him? Also if Cassel is the starter, he will be on a real short leash. Pioli wouldn't have brought in Crennels guy if he wanted Cassel as the clear cut guy.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Mon May 28, 2012 9:10 pm

There is no question Cassel is the starter if he doesnt get hurt. there is no QB competition here. That is the reason Orton left. Orton said it himself in the offseason when he left that this was Cassels team without question. I am with you in saying Quinn is a better option but it doesnt mean shit with Piolis ego. Crennell could turn out to be a great coach. I'll even go as far as to say you guys may very well wind up being right on him making a player out of Poe. But he couldnt bench Cassel if he wanted to. Pioli would fire him before he let him do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Mon May 28, 2012 11:42 pm

I really don't think it is a competition. BUT I do think Crennel will have Cassel on a short leash during the season. I don't think it would lead to firing like you do, but it may down the road. But honestly I think if Cassel struggles Crennel will pull Cassel and insert Quinn. Pioli might flip shit in the booth and it could cause some troubles. But if Quinn is as good as I think he will be, Pioli won't fire Crennel and will look like a genius for finding that diamond in the rough of whatever.

But honestly the way Pioil was talking this offseason, I think hes finally starting to distance himself from Cassel and see the big picture. A lot of coaches and GM's are stubborn and will give someone more time than they should... but I think even Pioli can move on. Clark isn't going to fire Pioli, so he doesn't have to put all of his eggs in the Cassel basket.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Tue May 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Cassel is and will be the starter. And I believe this is his year and he will produce. But I also believe if I am wrong and he doesn't he will be on a short leash. But I am not sold on Quinn being the guy. Stanzi may beat him out for 2nd string. From what is being said Stanzi is out playing Quinn. And Cassel is looking better as well. I just keep wondering how much Haley may have been holding both these guys back. Only time will tell now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Tue May 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Cassel is good every other year. So sadly he will probably play just well enough that we again don't draft a franchise QB.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Wed May 30, 2012 12:16 am

RustShack wrote:
Cassel is good every other year. So sadly he will probably play just well enough that we again don't draft a franchise QB.

If Stanzi has improved that much he may deserve a shot to see what he can do before they go out and get a guy in the draft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Wed May 30, 2012 4:30 pm

BigRatt wrote:
RustShack wrote:

If Stanzi has improved that much he may deserve a shot to see what he can do before they go out and get a guy in the draft.

I agree with that also. Pioli may have been just grooming him all along.
When Cassel time is up Stanzi may be our guy. Maybe he is our QB of
the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Wed May 30, 2012 5:17 pm

I do think Stanzi is being groomed to be the future QB. Pioli probably fell in love with Stanzi because of all of the Tom Brady comparisons and they were basically the same prospect coming out of college.

But no 5th round pick will ever beat out a veteran like Cassel. It took Bledsoe getting hurt for Brady, Green getting hurt for Warner, so on and so forth. I don't want Cassel to get a career ending injury or anything, but I hope something happens that Quinn and/or Stanzi gets a shot.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Wed May 30, 2012 5:21 pm

RustShack wrote:
I really don't think it is a competition. BUT I do think Crennel will have Cassel on a short leash during the season. I don't think it would lead to firing like you do, but it may down the road. But honestly I think if Cassel struggles Crennel will pull Cassel and insert Quinn. Pioli might flip shit in the booth and it could cause some troubles. But if Quinn is as good as I think he will be, Pioli won't fire Crennel and will look like a genius for finding that diamond in the rough of whatever.

But honestly the way Pioil was talking this offseason, I think hes finally starting to distance himself from Cassel and see the big picture. A lot of coaches and GM's are stubborn and will give someone more time than they should... but I think even Pioli can move on. Clark isn't going to fire Pioli, so he doesn't have to put all of his eggs in the Cassel basket.

I hope you are right. I really think they are a QB away from contending for it all. I just think our 3rd best QB is the one going to start for us this year and it will take him getting hurt or absolutely falling apart to change that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Stanzi was a very good QB his senior year in college. He is very smart and will work harder than anyone else. I hope he gets the chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   

Back to top Go down

Chiefs OL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2