ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Return of the Chiefs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Return of the Chiefs   Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:27 am

The Return Of The Kansas City Chiefs in 2012

KANSAS CITY MO - OCTOBER 24: Safety Eric Berry #29 of the Kansas City Chiefs carries the ball upfield after making an interception during the game against the Jacksonville Jaguars on October 24 2010 at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City Missouri.

Football is a game of chess on a grass field 120 yards long and 53 yards wide. Every team has it's pawns and bishops, its rooks and knights, its king and well, its queen.

It's been a very productive offseason thus far for the Kansas City Chiefs. Scott Pioli felt like changes needed to be made in certain spots and he didn't hesitate to add pawns and rooks alike. While many teams were busy swinging (and mostly missing) on the kings and queens, Kansas City was focused on bringing in quality pieces to fill out the roster.

Star-divide

Peyton Hillis was inked as a battering compliment to Jamaal Charles. Brady Quinn was taken from Denver to upgrade the biggest disaster ever witnessed on a gridiron in Tyler Palko. Eric Winston came over from Houston to fill the black hole that was the right tackle spot. Kevin Boss and Stanford Routt joined the team to step in for Leonard Pope and Brandon Carr respectively.

Outside of the Carr/Routt swap, every one of those moves clearly makes the Chiefs a deeper and more talented unit. With those moves, Kansas City has undoubtedly vaulted itself into the conversation as a more legitimate contender in 2012.

The funny thing is when everyone including the fans are assessing this year's group in comparison to the previous edition, most forget to mention the three most important pieces: Eric Berry, Tony Moeaki and Charles.

All of the acquisitions over the previous month or so look very good, but none of them will make the impact of those returning stars perhaps sans Winston.

Along with Derrick Johnson, Berry is the unquestioned leader of the defense by words and more importantly actions. He solidifies what is arguably the best secondary in football and adds a Troy Polamalu like dimension to the Chiefs defense. He can look like a linebacker against the run and dominate versus the pass.

Moeaki makes Matt Cassel instantly better. Many have argued that Cassel was good in 2010 because Charlie Weis was running the show. It's easy to make a case that he was better that season because he had a great tight end to throw at if all else failed for the only time during his tenure here.

Moeaki also makes the running game infinitely more effective because he's a terrific blocker. Pope couldn't block his way out of a paper bag despite his frame. Moeaki is adapt at getting to the second level and sealing off would-be defenders.

Of course, Charles coming back into the fold will be the biggest boon to the offense. Unlike most backs, Charles can make not just something, but a touchdown out of nothing. If a blocking assignment was missed with Thomas Jones or Jackie Battle in the backfield, the play was sunk. With Charles, Kansas City could and probably will gain yardage.

Charles is another reason to believe Cassel will be more efficient this year. Very few running backs are better at catching the ball on various routes. Not only can Charles execute a screen or an angle route, but more than a couple times he's also been known to run deep wheel routes.

The Chiefs are not just getting back a couple of their best players. They're getting back some of the best players in the NFL.

The Broncos added Peyton Manning. Kansas City added Jamaal Charles, Eric Berry and Tony Moeaki.

Checkmate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Chiefs   Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:27 am

I hope Charles makes it back like he was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Chiefs   Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:37 am

Jamaal Charles Talks Injury, Physical Therapy And More
Dec 13th, 2011 at 3:31 pm by Patrick AllenChiefs

Kansas City Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles sat down with the Fantasy Focus podcast team to talk about how he is recovering from ACL surgery.

I was able to transcribe the entire interview. Check it out.

It’s goin real good. I’m about to start back running. Probably close, it’ll probably be in the next two or three weeks. The first two weeks was stressed out with the surgery, being in a lot of pain but after the fourth, fifth week I felt much better and I’m moving around a lot better. I’m starting to like jog right now so I’m feeling happy and ready to go.

Much more from Charles after the jump.

On how his physical therapist are treating him:

At first it was hard! I didn’t want to go. They were playing with my scar and right when I got the surgery they were pushing on my leg and bending it and pushing it. It was horrible. But now like, I got all my flexibility back. It feel real good right now but the first three, five days was the worst I ever…and I wouldn’t wish nothing like this on nobody.

On the new coaching situation and how it might affect him:

No. I’m just trying to get ready and get myself back to how I’ve been in the past. The only thing I worry about is me right now and trying to get my legs back healthy and hope that I can get faster and get stronger. I hope this can help me right now. The coaches go out there, I mean the GM goes out there and looks for a new coach and I come in and be ready to play for whoever coaches next year and that’s the goal.

On what doctors have told him about a timeline for a return:

I think I should be ready by OTA’s, working out with the team. I got hurt early so I had a lot more time to like, to get myself back and it only takes six months. So by the time OTA’s it should be like eight, seven months.

On if he’s getting complaints from people who drafted him in fantasy football:

I’m starting to hate fantasy. People don’t have…criticizing me like I wanted to get hurt this year.
I love football to death, I have a passion for football. It’s something that happened and it’s football and injuries happen in football. A lot of people come up to me and like ‘you caused my season’ like, man I have a real life situation. It’s not a fake situation. It’s a real life situation that can affect my whole family and everything.

On a scale of 1-10, how much of a man is Thomas Jones?

He’s a man, I’ll tell you that. Thomas is kind of like a sweet, sweet sweetheart. He’s a good person. I guess, you know what I’m saying, don’t mess with the man. He’s a grown man at the same time he got a good heart for people too also, you know what I’m saying?

Has he talked to Cassel?

Matt’s doing the same. Matt’s just trying to get back to his self. He just had himself a baby girl so he’s just trying to enjoy himself right now and get himself ready for next year. We all had to go through a bad situation. Now we need to have an early mini-camp, more OTA’s and we got to get ourselves ready for the…I think the OTA’s are gonna help us real good with the team, the way it was playing. You can’t fault the team with the way they did this year without me, Berry and Tony Moeaki and Cassel. They was playin real great and the defense is real good but it’s like, they don’t have Berry up in there and the offense was doing pretty good when they don’t have like me helping them out in the running game. I feel like come next year, it’s gonna be awesome.

On having the same injury as Tony Moeaki and Eric Berry:

We all see eye to eye with each other, we all, cause we actually have somebody to be like ‘how did you sleep at night’ and everybody’s like ‘man, I can’t do it. I can’t sleep at night.’” Tony Moeaki is like a week ahead of Berry and Berry’s a week ahead of me so we can ask each other ‘how your pain feel this week?’ and it’s kind of funny that it feel exactly the same way.

It only makes us hungry and makes us want to work harder because we aren’t out there with our teammates and we always have these conversations that we’re going to come back and do this and come back like Green Bay with all the injuries. It’s just motivating right now to come back real strong cause we all gotta start back over from scratch and we don’t want no doubts about ‘he hurt his knee’ and this and that. We all want to come back strong.

It is good to hear Jamaal and the boys are on the mend. Here’s hoping they are close to 100% in time for OTA’s.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Chiefs   Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:37 am

thats good to hear
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Chiefs   Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:20 pm

If those three guys are able to come back from their knee injuries, it's almost the equivalent of a couple extra first round draft picks. And if our pass rush is as dominant as it should be, Peyton won't be finishing out the season.

I agree with that checkmate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Chiefs   Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:05 pm

Jamaal Charles, Eric Berry On The Right Track

by Joel Thorman on Mar 31, 2012 9:00 AM CDT

At least two members of the Kansas City Chiefs ACL trio are looking good in their recovery process. Last week, KC Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel said Jamaal Charles is looking good in his rehab and Eric Berry, in an interview on 810 WHB this week, indicated the same.

At the NFL owners meetings, Crennel said of Charles:

"Jamaal stopped by the office. He came in for a check-up and he stopped by the office and I had a chance to talk to him and he was saying that his knee is doing good, he is running straight ahead, so he is making good progress. The trainer says he is on schedule, his rehab people say he is on schedule, so we're excited about that news. Now, with that being said, you always have to wait until you get them on the field to see how they really do, but it's optimistic right now."

And, on 810 WHB's Border Patrol, Berry said:

"Right now I'm doing very good. My knee feels great. I'm actually down in Florida training with my trainer, so everything's looking good. Been doing a lot of drills, lot of working out, lot of weights. Just trying to make sure I'm ready to go this season. As you know, I got hurt at the beginning of the season so I've had a lot of time to sit back and let my body rest and let it heal up. So right now I'm just very anxious to get back on the field. Everything's looking good, so I'm just gonna continue to work hard and just make sure I'm ready to go come fall."

We haven't heard much from TE Tony Moeaki, the third member of the ACL group, but as recently as the NFL Combine, Crennel and GM Scott Pioli indicated he's on the right track.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Chiefs   Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:26 pm

I hope he doesnt lose a step from this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Chiefs   Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Playoff victory here we come!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Chiefs   Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Next years team is going to be so much better, and we still should have made the playoffs.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Chiefs   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:41 pm

We were a better team than denver or Pittsburgh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Chiefs   Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:36 am

It seems like when players in the NFL tear their ACL they either return to their old form or they completely fade away. The good thing is that all 3 of our players are young guys so their bodies are going to handle it all better than say a 32 year old player would. I tore mine in high school and I'd say the biggest struggle with getting back to it was just being able to trust my knee with making cuts and such. I wouldnt be surprised if Charles had a little bit of a down year..but it just depends on how much he trusts the support in his knee.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Chiefs   Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:45 pm

I think all three injuries happened early enough in the year they should be back to normal. Granted its never happened to me.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Chiefs   Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:44 pm

TDBowe is right, it's all about trusting that knee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Chiefs   

Back to top Go down

Return of the Chiefs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1