ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Per Adam Schefter

AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:29 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:
I think Reiff will be better but we can argue that all day. I dont think Pioli will do this though. Honestly I would love to see DeCastro in a Chiefs uniform next season. I just think Albert would be a better guard and I wish they could find a way to make him a guard.

As far as him not getting top of the line money, their are teams like the Redskins and Cowboys.

I don't even know that Reiff can play LT at this level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:20 am

Yes he can. Every scout for the NFL that has studied him is sure of it. He has great footwork and handles himself well against speed rushers. His only knock is his pass blocking he struggles to get to the second level sometimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:34 am

I believe he also has the same issue Gallery had with his arms being short
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:54 pm

I would love to draft a LT with short arms and struggles with pass blocking!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:38 pm

[quote="Chiefs09"]I believe he also has the same issue Gallery had with his arms being short[/quote

Hes just not overly impressive to me from film. I think the short arms on the left side will allow people to get into him. I'm pretty confident hes gonna be a RT in the league. He might be used on the Left in a pinch but I don't he makes a living there. I would much rather stay with Albert.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:50 pm

And the same problem ex-teammate Brian Bulaga had last year. I agree Reiff will be better suited as a RT but that he could probably fill in the left side in a pinch. He could be a hell of a RT though, kind of in the Eric Winston mold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:56 pm

Oh my god. You guys are kidding me right, his arms are like an inch shorter than Kalil's. Your splitting hairs now. His foot work is arguably the best of any OL in pass drop. He is deffinitely quick enough to mirror any defender in a pass rush. The only knock he has is enough Power. He liked to play lighter so he could be more athletic. If he adds weight will that diminish? That is the big question. He is being considered a top 10 pick because allot of people think he is definitely a LT. RT might not be that great for him because of his power issues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:03 am

Only lineman I would take in the Chiefs position would be DeCastro.

No other OL should even be an option.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:29 am

What you're saying about him is Alberts problem. He needs to put a little weight back on. I think playing light even though it hurt him might help him in the long run since hes been leaning to block with technique and athletically instead of just with size and power.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:30 am

And I agree, DeCastro or bust if we are drafting OL unless USC's LT magically fell.. and thats not happening.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:14 pm

Yeah its allot like Albert. I think he can be a solid LT, probably not top notch, like Albert. His weight is what alloes him to play the way he wants to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:14 pm

I agree with the DeCastro thing though. He is the best choice for us. Hopefully Pioli sees that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Cordy Glenn sounds to be a stud too, anyone for trading back and trying to secure him? Or is it DeCastro or bust at OG?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:27 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:
Oh my god. You guys are kidding me right, his arms are like an inch shorter than Kalil's. Your splitting hairs now. His foot work is arguably the best of any OL in pass drop. He is deffinitely quick enough to mirror any defender in a pass rush. The only knock he has is enough Power. He liked to play lighter so he could be more athletic. If he adds weight will that diminish? That is the big question. He is being considered a top 10 pick because allot of people think he is definitely a LT. RT might not be that great for him because of his power issues.

Exactly the reason I dont want him. Everytime I watch his film he looks like run blocking is a struggle for him. He gives it everything hes got but he just doesn't have the mustard for my liking. If he looks like hes struggling at the college level run blocking it doesn't get any better at the next level. Decastro is the best O linemen in the class behind Kalill in my opinion! Damn kid is amazing in the run game. He can pull and lock onto targets in the secondary like nobodys business. I like everything about him! He's gonna be awesome in the NFL. I would rather pay Albert or look at another draft for a LT.

Last edited by BigRatt on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:37 pm

FatThucker wrote:
Cordy Glenn sounds to be a stud too, anyone for trading back and trying to secure him? Or is it DeCastro or bust at OG?

I fell in love watching Decastro's film and I haven't even looked at Glen. I don't really know much about him. I will watch some tape and see what he looks like. As many holes as we filled in FA, I'm for taking the talent at 11. Pioli might disagree with me and trade back. Now that we don't need quanity, I would like to take some quality!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:43 pm

DeCastro, Kuechly, or I guess I'd settle for Poe.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Reilly Reiff Scouting report

Upside:

• Good arm extension, hand use — keeps rushers at bay
• Strong, quick, active hands
• Mirrors and runs rushers wide
• Understands angles/positioning
• Can hook and seal
• Good recovery ability
• Elevated quality of play down the stretch as a junior — high ceiling

Downside:

• Needs to improve functional anchor strength
• Lacks elite athletic ability, foot quickness and flexibility
• Could stand to polish technique
• Susceptible to bull rush when he gets tall and narrow-based
• Can finish better and does not dominate

The Way We See It:
Big-framed with a narrow waist and a long torso, Reiff needs to continue getting stronger. However, is smart, versatile, dependable and battle-tested. Comes from a program with recent history of producing solid pros. An ascending talent who could play either side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:54 pm

2012 NFL Combine: Riley Reiff Has Cause For Concern

To the extent that any 2012 NFL Draft prospect can have a "bad day" standing on a scale, being measured and talking to reporters, Iowa offensive tackle Riley Reiff - a pre-NFL Combine consensus Top 10 pick, and a guy that should absolutely be on the radar of Buffalo Bills fans - had a bad day on Thursday.

Offensive linemen weighed in Thursday, and Reiff became the latest Iowa lineman to measure in with shorter-than-expected arm length; he's got 33.25-inch arms attached to a 6'5", 313-pound frame. That's a number that will make scouts a bit nervous projecting Reiff to tackle in the NFL, regardless of what he looks like on tape.

This is a trend for Iowa linemen. Robert Gallery, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, never panned out at tackle because of short arms. The same issue caused Bryan Bulaga - who many considered a potential Top 5 pick in 2010 - to fall all the way to No. 23, and now he's a right tackle.

Reiff is an excellent football player, and he's still going to be a first-round pick. Don't be shocked, however, when several teams slide Reiff down draft boards because of this development. A few may even view him as a guard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:55 pm

RustShack wrote:
DeCastro, Kuechly, or I guess I'd settle for Poe.

That's the way I see it as well. It will be Decastro, Kuechly, or Poe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:59 pm

I don't think an 1 inch of arm length hurts you at the position if you have the feet of Joe Thomas. But Reiff isn't even close of being in the Joe Thomas conversation. Jason Smith is another one that had short arms and wasn't very strong for run blocking. Hes likely heading out of St. Louis this year. Monroe and Oher came out of that draft with short arms. Monroe struggled until last year and then finally started to come on. Oher played RT in 09 and then switched to LT in 2010 and struggled huge with 7 sacks allowed and a shit load of penalties. He was bad enough that some were calling for a true LT and put oher back at RT. I don't know what he was like last year. His functional strength and bulk is what concerns me most about Reiff. I think it's gonna take a little while to adjust.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:29 pm

The greats like Walter Jones, Willie Roaf, and Jon Odgen had between 35 and 35.5 inches of arm length.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:35 pm

I could argue all day for Reiff. He has a high cieling as far as abolity goes thats for sure. He would be better suited in a zone scheme though I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Gallery was supposed to be the next great but his arms were his issue. Gallery was a bigger prospect than Reiff. It doesnt matter though he wont be the pick at 11.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:49 am

I know he wont, I was trying to get the conversation off of that, and on to better things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:37 am

I hope he doesn't fall to the 11th pick at least.

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   

Back to top Go down

Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next