ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Per Adam Schefter

AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:54 am

chiefbravebull wrote:
Winston will get a major contract from us. I hope he takes it. From what they are saying we are still in the mix for Tolbert. Im telling you with a two TE set we could have a triple backfield with Charles, Hillis, and Tolbert. Teams would shit themselves.

I like it. If they bring in Tolbert what happens to Dex? He's a man without a position unless they move him back to WR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:24 pm

I think he will paly a little bit of both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:11 am

Dex can swing between RB, WR, and also keep returning. Still good for a change of pace and help keep Charles fresh(even though Hillis will mostly fill that role of keeping him fresh). Still great insurance if theres an injury. But we lose Battle, Jones, and McClain so I think it will be about the same..

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:08 am

We have to do what we can to make sure our playmakers are on the field. McCluster is a playmaker. Put him in the slot or in the backfield. The dude is gonna make plays for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:16 am

I think hes ready to explode like Charles did his third year. I keep talking about Daboll getting a lot out of Hillis and Charles like he did for Hillis previously and Bush when no one else could, maybe McCluster is the one who benefits most from him.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:05 pm

McCluster will be huge for us. We have so many weapons on offense it is crazy. Its awesome that we are going to struggle to make sure everyone gets touches. I am ready for the season right now!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:14 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:
McCluster will be huge for us. We have so many weapons on offense it is crazy. Its awesome that we are going to struggle to make sure everyone gets touches. I am ready for the season right now!

Thats why they wont draft Richardson this year. Charles/Hillis/Dex is a pretty good rotation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:08 pm

I dont like drafting a RB in the first at all really. We should be concentrating more on upfront on both sides of the ball right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:07 pm

No chance we draft Richardson. We have 3 guys fully capable of running the ball. 2 quick guys and one of the most powerful backs in the game. Were going either LG, NT, or LB unless we shock the world and draft Tannehill if he's there. You cant argue against taking DeCastro at 11..when you have a guy who's probably the next Will Shields to this franchise who will be here anywhere from 10-15 years..you take him.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Decastro is the best choice. But if You think about it maybe we should still draf Reiff or Martin at LT if they are there. I dont think Albert is a long term solution at LT. I think that if he wants to stay he should be willing to slide in to LG. He wont do that so we have his replacemant for when he leaves in FA. This keeps us solid upfront for years to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:04 pm

I think Albert is fine at LT. His biggest problem has been hes trying to protect Cassel. Didn't the Pats give up like 16 sacks when Brady was starting, 46 for Cassel with the same five starters, then another low number the year Brady came back? Our line isn't as bad as Cassel makes it look. You don't have the #1 rushing offense in the NFL two years ago with a bad OL.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:31 pm

RustShack wrote:
I think Albert is fine at LT. His biggest problem has been hes trying to protect Cassel. Didn't the Pats give up like 16 sacks when Brady was starting, 46 for Cassel with the same five starters, then another low number the year Brady came back? Our line isn't as bad as Cassel makes it look. You don't have the #1 rushing offense in the NFL two years ago with a bad OL.

Yep, just a shitty QB! Come on Quinn!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:01 pm

We are almost talking Vermiel era OL potential with DeCastro. Winston might not be HOF or a LT but all five combined have the ability to be better as a whole assuming Hudson, Asomah, and DeCastro can come close to their talent level. Hopefully Albert reaches his too! He looked like he had more potential until Haley made him lose all the weight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:29 pm

Your still dodging the fact that Alberts contract will be up and thats the point I was trying to make. He is going to want top of the line LT money. I dont think Pioli will want to give him that. So maybe a LT waiting in the wings wouldnt be a bad idea.

If we could convince him to stay and play LG that would be crazy awesome. Drat a guy like Reiff to play LT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:14 am

Albert is a better LT than Reiff, and Albert can want top of the line LT money all he wants because he isn't getting that from any team unless he really busts out this year. In which case we will be willing to pay him a little more. Always have that little franchise tag we can use too.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:07 pm

I think Reiff will be better but we can argue that all day. I dont think Pioli will do this though. Honestly I would love to see DeCastro in a Chiefs uniform next season. I just think Albert would be a better guard and I wish they could find a way to make him a guard.

As far as him not getting top of the line money, their are teams like the Redskins and Cowboys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:06 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:
Your still dodging the fact that Alberts contract will be up and thats the point I was trying to make. He is going to want top of the line LT money. I dont think Pioli will want to give him that. So maybe a LT waiting in the wings wouldnt be a bad idea.

If we could convince him to stay and play LG that would be crazy awesome. Drat a guy like Reiff to play LT.

You make a good point that Albert will want top of the line money, but then suggest he could be convinced to move to LG where he would make nowhere near the amount of money that a run-of-the-mill LT would. It just doesn't make any sense on his part. He has proven he is a more than capable left tackle. There's no way he's peacefully switching positions unless someone is willing to make him into a QB!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:04 pm

if he wants top of the line money he wont get it here. he isnt top of the line at his position.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:21 pm

I agree I like Albert and he is a very capable LT. But nowhere near top of the line. And he won't get paid like one here either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:43 pm

I don't think he will command elite money either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:28 pm

Everyone wants top of the line money. It's just that very few get it. That's why he won't be too willing to switch to a cheaper position. Move him there and he'll never resign here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:10 pm

he's not going to get top of the line LT money here either. He's good but not elite
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Some dumbasses like the Redskin organization will give him a huge contract. I would love to see him resign because he is a very solid player. He is not elite and hopefully he is convinced to take the extension with us. I want to keep him for sure. I never actually thought he would be moved to LG I just thought it would be awesome if he did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Does everybody notice that no one is mentioning D Bowe being resigned next year. I wonder if thats a sign of things to come?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:22 pm

I noticed that in an article I posted earlier. Hope it was just the writer overlooking the tag.

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis   

Back to top Go down

Chiefs agree to terms with Peyton Hillis
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next