ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Casserly Mock Draft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Casserly Mock Draft   Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:06 pm

By Charley Casserly | NFL Network
Analyst
Published: Feb. 15, 2012 at 02:57 p.m.

PICK NO.1 Colts

ANDREW LUCK QBSTANFORD
Luck just may be most pro-ready QB I have ever seen.

PICK NO.2 Washington

ROBERT GRIFFIN, III QBBAYLOR
TRADE: The Redskins move up from No. 6 to No. 2 in a trade with the Rams. Washington snags the potential franchise quarterback it's coveted for so many years.

PICK NO.3 Vikings

MATT KALIL OTUSC
Kalil fills an obvious need to protect quarterback Christian Ponder.

PICK NO.4 Cleveland

JUSTIN BLACKMON WROKLAHOMA ST.
The Browns need offensive weapons, and Blackmon gives them a legit No. 1 receiver.

PICK NO.5 Arizona

MORRIS CLAIBORNE CBLSU
Tough to pass on RB Trent Richardson -- and I personally wouldn't -- but Claiborne fills a bigger need.

PICK NO.6 Rams

RILEY REIFF OTIOWA
TRADE: The Rams move down from No. 2 to No. 6 in a trade with the Redskins. The Rams are here and need to protect Bradford better, Jason Smith is too expensive and injury prone.

PICK NO.7 Jags

QUINTON COPLES DENORTH CAROLINA
They need to improve in their pass rush, Aaron Kampman can't stay healthy.

PICK NO.8 Panthers

DEVON STILL DTPENN ST.
The Panthers continue to build a strong defensive line.

PICK NO.9 Miami

JONATHAN MARTIN OTSTANFORD
Martin played left tackle at Stanford, but he can move to right tackle in the NFL.

PICK NO.10 Buffalo

WHITNEY MERCILUS DEILLINOIS
With Buffalo transitioning to a 4-3 defense, Mercilus can fill a fresh void at defensive end.

PICK NO.11 Chiefs

TRENT RICHARDSON RBALABAMA
Too good a player to pass up -- Richardson truly boasts top-10 ability.

PICK NO.12 Seattle

DRE KIRKPATRICK CBALABAMA
The Seahawks won't pass on a quality corner.

PICK NO.13 Arizona

MIKE ADAMS OTOHIO ST.
Adams can play left tackle, moving Levi Brown to right tackle -- his better position.

PICK NO.14 Dallas

DAVID DECASTRO OGSTANFORD
Dallas continues to rebuild its offensive line.

PICK NO.15 Philly

LUKE KUECHLY ILBBOSTON COLLEGE
The instinctive Kuechly fills the biggest need on Philadelphia's defense.

PICK NO.16 Jets

COURTNEY UPSHAW OLBALABAMA
At some point, the Jets need to find a linebacker who can get to the passer.

PICK NO.17 Cincy

JANORIS JENKINS CBNORTH ALABAMA
If I were in charge in Cincy, I would try to trade up and acquire Trent Richardson. But cornerback is a big need, too. (And the Bengals can address running back with their second first-round pick ...)

PICK NO.18 Chargers

MELVIN INGRAM DESOUTH CAROLINA
Not sure what Ingram's best position is, but he has pass-rush talent and the Chargers can use some help there.

PICK NO.19 Bears

MICHAEL FLOYD WRNOTRE DAME
Jay Cutler needs to get some stability at receiver.

PICK NO.20 Titans

MICHAEL BROCKERS DTLSU
Good size, strength and upside for this naturally gifted underclassman.

PICK NO.21 Cincy

LAMAR MILLER RBMIAMI
The Bengals likes to earmark positions for rounds, and I think they'll want to come out of the first round with a CB and an RB. Mission accomplished.

PICK NO.22 Cleveland

RYAN TANNEHILL QBTEXAS A&M
Tannehill will need time to develop, but he has more upside than Colt McCoy.

PICK NO.23 Detroit

ALFONZO DENNARD CBNEBRASKA
Martin Mayhew begins to address the corner position in the draft.

PICK NO.24 Steelers

CORDY GLENN TGEORGIA
The front line has been the only weakness of the Steelers offense.

PICK NO.25 Donkeys

JEREL WORTHY DTMICHIGAN ST.
The 310-pound Michigan State underclassman adds much-needed bulk to the Broncos' defense.

PICK NO.26 Texans

KENDALL WRIGHT WRBAYLOR
The Texans would love another receiver to complement Andre Johnson.

PICK NO.27 Patriots

MARK BARRON SSALABAMA
Despite his hernia issues, Barron is the best player on the board at a need position for New England. But, as always with Bill Belichick's Patriots, don't discount a trade out of the first round here for a No. 1 pick in 2013.

PICK NO.28 Packers

FLETCHER COX DTMISSISSIPPI ST.
Cox can help the Packers establish an inside pass rush.

PICK NO.29 Ravens

PETER KONZ CWISCONSIN
Konz will be Matt Birk's replacement.

PICK NO.30 49ers

ALSHON JEFFERY WRSOUTH CAROLINA
San Francisco needs another weapon outside to take some of the attention away from tight end Vernon Davis.

PICK NO.31 Patriots

DONT'A HIGHTOWER ILBALABAMA
Will the Patriots trade both of their first-round picks?

PICK NO.32 Giants

ZACH BROWN OLBNORTH CAROLINA
The Giants have a need, but they will take the best player available.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:09 pm

I really think we should draft OL in the first for the first time this year, but I'm typically in the best player available(well usually a combination between BPA and need)... Richardson is being compared to Adrian Peterson. Not my top choice, but I wouldn't complain. Drafting LJ in the first ended up being a good thing even though we have Priest.

Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:48 pm

I would have to agree.. there are some really good RT prospects but it would be hard to pass up on Richardson. Him and Charles would be the ABSOLUTE BEST RB tandem in the league. And if the Chiefs were to take Richardson in round 1, there will still be some pretty good RT prospects in the 2nd round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:41 pm

RustShack wrote:
I really think we should draft OL in the first for the first time this year, but I'm typically in the best player available(well usually a combination between BPA and need)... Richardson is being compared to Adrian Peterson. Not my top choice, but I wouldn't complain. Drafting LJ in the first ended up being a good thing even though we have Priest.

Man! LJ wouldn't have been shit without Roaf and Shields! You notice how fast LJ dropped off after Roaf retired? I would rather build the Lines then take Richardson. At the end of the day, I would rather have a Hall of Fame G named Decastro than a potential Hall of Fame RB at this point. A guy like Richardson will be superstar for 3 or 4 years and then injuries will make him a good to above average back. I'm for taking a guy that will make the next 9 out of 10 Pro Bowls and let an average back be a good back! Take Decastro this year and a swing tackle in the 3rd round and then take Ricky Wagner next year! Resign Richardson and or sign a a stop gap in FA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:05 am

I attribute LJ's drop off to the abundance of carries he had that one year. Just like every other RB in history who came close to as many carries as him.

Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:23 am

Resign Richardson??? I think this guy is one of the worst OL in the NFL. I wouldn't even bring him back for depth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:26 am

I would bring him back for depth. His best game ever as a Chief is the one he started at LT. I think he's a great backup for Albert. Really wouldn't mind seeing him backup RG either. Dude has a lot of talent, maybe Bicknell can do something with him. No reason not to resign him unless we have starters and backups ALL better than him.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:27 am

But I'm really picking up on that you are just a firm believer that the grass is always greener on the other side.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:27 am

RustShack wrote:
I attribute LJ's drop off to the abundance of carries he had that one year. Just like every other RB in history who came close to as many carries as him.

I'm not buying that arguement! LJ was terribly slow! When you a slow power RB and your Hall of Fame Roadgrader is taking out of the equation, its pretty easy to see the difference. Not to mention they replaced him with an average LT. He was only 25 or 26 the year he had 416 carries.

Last edited by BigRatt on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KCJay
Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:28 am

Depends on what we do in free agency...If we can sure up the OL via FA, then Richardson would be a great pick at 12, IMO...Battle is more of a downhill type of guy with no game breaking ability and Jones is on his last legs....Having the dynamic duo of Charles and Richardson would be great for this franchise...Easily lead the NFL in rushing..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:38 am

BigRatt wrote:
RustShack wrote:

I'm not buying that arguement! LJ was terribly slow! When you a slow power RB and your Hall of Fame Roadgrader is taking out of the equation, its pretty easy to see the difference. Not to mention they replaced him with an average LT. He was only 25 or 26 the year he had 416 carries.

I think this is just more pure hate for LJ than anything. Also LJ put up 1,789 yards the year after Roaf retired... but besides that even if what you were saying were true, its pretty much common sense that any RB is going to take a hit in production when you lose a HOF blocker. Not to mention losing Tony Richardson, Willie Roaf, and probably whoever the RT was too. Actually Richardson might have been his biggest loss, because I'm pretty sure the two teams he played for after that their RB's also had career years behind him. BUT, LJ still managed to rack up 1,789 yards the first year without all those guys.. and without a good OC. So yes, I'm a firm believer that just like every other RB in history in the same situation, carrying the ball that many times will ruin your career.

Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:49 am

John Welbourn was starting at RT that year..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:06 am

KCJay wrote:

Yep that's who I thought it was. And he was pretty good for us until getting busted for Roids.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:09 am

KCJay wrote:

I think Damion McIntosh played LT that year and Welbourn/Turley split the RT duties as Turley had back problems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:16 am

When did McIntosh get moved to RT? Was that when we got Albert?

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:17 am

RustShack wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
RustShack wrote:

I think this is just more pure hate for LJ than anything. Also LJ put up 1,789 yards the year after Roaf retired... but besides that even if what you were saying were true, its pretty much common sense that any RB is going to take a hit in production when you lose a HOF blocker. Not to mention losing Tony Richardson, Willie Roaf, and probably whoever the RT was too. Actually Richardson might have been his biggest loss, because I'm pretty sure the two teams he played for after that their RB's also had career years behind him. BUT, LJ still managed to rack up 1,789 yards the first year without all those guys.. and without a good OC. So yes, I'm a firm believer that just like every other RB in history in the same situation, carrying the ball that many times will ruin your career.

So I guess LJ had 1 good year without Roaf. At his age he should have been good to go. We got 2 great years out of him and a so so year in 2008 in which he was injured after 12 games. The rest of the years he was the Chiefs he rushed for 500 to 600 yards and less. Not great return for a 1st round pick in my opinion! We took him in the 20's so if Richardson turns out the same way at 11 its a wasted ass pick in a good draft. Its a shame we didn't have a change of pace back like Charles when LJ was here. In a bad draft then ya I would be ok with a RB at 11.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:19 am

RustShack wrote:
When did McIntosh get moved to RT? Was that when we got Albert?

I think it was. We drafted Albert in 08 and it seems like we picked up McIntosh when Roaf retired.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:20 am

No I agree it sucks that LJ turned out that way, but thats why you don't give RB's that many carries.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:32 am

RustShack wrote:
No I agree it sucks that LJ turned out that way, but thats why you don't give RB's that many carries.

You may have an arguement for 416 carries being to much. I know the story about the other famous ones it happened to. I think most of those guys where in the 30 year old range where speed tends to fall off naturally anyway. But to say it ended his career at the age of 26? I dont know. Thomas Jones has had years where hes went 310 to 330. Adrian Peterson goes into the 330s pretty regular and even had a season where he had 363 but yet bounced back strong the year after. Those are ones that I know of off hand. To say that an extra 50 to 60 carries ruined a RB at LJ's age is bit of a stretch for me. If the NFL adds another 2 games to the season, then I say 380 to 400 carries could be a reality. I have never played the position so what the hell do i know? I just think LJ was never really a fast RB to start with and when the O line got some average players inserted into the lineup he got exposed for what he was. He should have never been a feature back in my opinion. They should have went out and got a change of pace of guy to help him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:35 am

Kind of the double whammy. Players also tend to slow down after getting paid too. Maybe even triple whammy with the off the field stuff.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:38 am

And yeah he wasn't fast, but he is far from the first successful RB who wasn't fast. Sucks for him that the OL was on the decline, he had no supporting cast, his style was go downhill and through people, and we gave him the ball way too much. Herm killed his career, and Carl didn't bring in any RB's to lighten the load.

We've handled Charles the right way. Hopefully the injury didn't set him back anyways.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:45 am

RustShack wrote:
Kind of the double whammy. Players also tend to slow down after getting paid too. Maybe even triple whammy with the off the field stuff.

LJ was fucking asshole punk who didn't deserve the money! So yes, I guess I'm abit of an LJ hater. I enjoyed the production but was glad to see his ass go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:48 am

RustShack wrote:
And yeah he wasn't fast, but he is far from the first successful RB who wasn't fast. Sucks for him that the OL was on the decline, he had no supporting cast, his style was go downhill and through people, and we gave him the ball way too much. Herm killed his career, and Carl didn't bring in any RB's to lighten the load.

We've handled Charles the right way. Hopefully the injury didn't set him back anyways.

I'm crossing my fingers on Charles! The other guys at their positions will be fine. I just hope it doesn't cause him to lose alot of ability. I was reading that guys the 1st year back have down years as they have a hard time trusting the knee. Doctors say that it doesn't return to normal until the 2nd year.

Last edited by BigRatt on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:50 am

Hopefully the fact that is was the second game instead of the middle or end of the season helps.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:18 am

RustShack wrote:
Hopefully the fact that is was the second game instead of the middle or end of the season helps.

Ya thats the plus about this situation. He's gonna have 10 months to rehab instead of 4 to 6.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Casserly Mock Draft   

Back to top Go down

Casserly Mock Draft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1