ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Another Free Agency Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Another Free Agency Thread   Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can't have enough of these

AuthorMessage
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:00 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
No but Cassel may not be the best OB ever. But he is better than Dilfer and has more weapons also.

I'd like to know all these proven stud weapons he has outside of a very good but inconsistent Bowe and a great Charles. I am optimistic but to say we are loaded with weapons is a stretch. You could give Cassel C. Johnson and L. Fitzgerald on the outsides and Welker in the slot and Gronk at TE and he would still suck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:10 am

No he wouldnt with those weapons. Holy shit he isnt that shitty. I know high school qbs that could have some success with those guys. WOW you have to really hate Cassel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:23 am

I do. Cassel and T. Jackson are the 2 players KC has I can say I honestly hate. But I think KC is still gonna be good enough to win a division and their 1st playoff game in 18 years so I'm still excited. They will just have to do it with the best ground game in the league.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
OutlawChief wrote:
No but Cassel may not be the best OB ever. But he is better than Dilfer and has more weapons also.

I'd like to know all these proven stud weapons he has outside of a very good but inconsistent Bowe and a great Charles. I am optimistic but to say we are loaded with weapons is a stretch. You could give Cassel C. Johnson and L. Fitzgerald on the outsides and Welker in the slot and Gronk at TE and he would still suck.

Hell I would look good with those weapons and I am no QB for sure. Cassel will never be elite but he isn't as bad as most people thinks. He should have a good season. Maybe not great. But good. He is a very good game manager. And with the weapons we have, is all he should have to do. I wouldn't want to put the game on his shoulders. But he is a capable QB. Now saying all this I would still like to see what Stanzi has at some point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:33 pm

2000 Ravens SB Champs

QB Trent Dilfer
HB Jamal Lewis, Priest Holmes
WR Patrick Johnson, TravisTaylor, Quadri Ismail
TE Shannon Sharpe, Ben Coates

2012 Chiefs Offense

QB Matt Cassel
HB Jamaal Charles, Peyton Hillis
WR Dwayne Bowe, Jon Baldwin, Steve Breaston
TE Tony Moeaki, Kevin Boss

We Definaletly have the Better QB and WRs
Both have scary RB combos. But have to give them the edge.
And definately Edge goes to Ravens at TE

But Ravens won a SB with that team and a Elite Defense.

Our D isn't Elite but very very good. And our O has weapons.
All I am saying is it is possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:17 pm

Lilja defends Cassel as Chiefs’ QB

Former Colts lineman regrets not speaking up when some Chiefs fans were clamoring for the team to sign Manning.

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

“We’ve got a great quarterback,” Ryan Lilja (left, in training camp last year) said of Matt Cassell. “We’ve just got to do better things around him to make him a great quarterback.”

When the Chiefs were trying to pursue free-agent quarterback Peyton Manning last month, guard Ryan Lilja felt it was best to keep quiet about the situation for some obvious reasons.

He is a friend and former teammate of Manning’s and a friend and current teammate of Chiefs starting quarterback Matt Cassel’s. So Lilja declined numerous interview requests until the situation resolved itself.

Manning resolved it by signing with the Chiefs’ AFC West rivals, the Denver Broncos. So Lilja felt free Wednesday to speak what he said was on his mind the whole time, and that was an impassioned defense of Cassel.

“We’ve got a great quarterback,” Lilja said at Shawnee Mission Northwest, where he attended high school and was speaking to the school’s wrestling team. “We’ve just got to do better things around him to make him a great quarterback. I truly believe that, and I wish some more people believed that.

“It’s really easy to criticize. I get that. That’s part of the job. But Matt’s the guy, and Matt’s going to take us places. Matt’s a general in the huddle. People don’t see how hard he works. They don’t see the stuff he plays through, because we don’t talk about it. But take my word for it: There aren’t many guys I’d rather play with.”

Until Lilja joined the Chiefs as a free agent in 2010, Manning was the only pro starting quarterback he knew. Lilja, who played in college at Kansas State, spent his first six NFL seasons with the Colts. In Indianapolis, Lilja played in two Super Bowl games, with the Colts winning one.

Along the way, Lilja became friends with Manning. But once he became a free agent, Manning showed no interest in hearing the Chiefs’ sales pitch.

He joined Denver and the Broncos as a result are considered the early favorites to win the AFC West.

“He’s amazing at what he does,” Lilja said of Manning. “There is a friendship there, but I have tons of friends. That doesn’t mean I want them as my quarterback.

“I’m perfectly content with the Denver Broncos and their situation and them bringing him in. They’re already building Lombardi trophies for them, it sounds like to me. I like that. Nobody thinks we can do much. That’s kind of a fun place to be in. Time will tell.

“I wish him well. Just not when they play us.”

Cassel’s three seasons as a starter for the Chiefs have been mixed. He made the Pro Bowl in 2010 when the Chiefs won the division for the only time since 2003 but has struggled at many times in the other two years.

He missed the last seven games of last season after breaking his hand.

“People forget really, really quickly what Matt did two years ago,” Lilja said. “He was in Hawaii (to play in the Pro Bowl). … He’s our guy, and I’m proud to play with him. I’ve had to defend him to people all over town, and that drives me crazy. I hate to hear people criticize him.”

As a result, Lilja said he now regrets how he handled the initial inquiries on Manning.

“I think I should have defended Matt at that point,” Lilja said.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Lilja amazes me. How in the hell can you say that when you spent so much time around Manning?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Wow I like Cassel but would never call him a great QB. Well unless he came out and proved it obviously. I am curious to see what he does now. Team improving around him and Haley out the door. Only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:19 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
http://kansascity.sbnation.com/2012/4/5/2928221/kansas-city-chiefs-matt-cassel-is-too-good-and-thats-the-problem

Interesting article about Cassel and the Chiefs.

Taking away from just enough draft position is probably the only thing hes good at. Even then it's really not him. Its the running game and defense that puts this team on their shoulder. Cassell is a just a taker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Kind of what I say. with Cassel at QB and good talent around him we can win the West but no way he can take us to the SB. Our D is good but not Baltimore of old good. We might even be able to win a playoff game but Cassel will turn into the Cassel that Baltimore destroyed in our last playoff game once we face a legit D.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:53 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
Kind of what I say. with Cassel at QB and good talent around him we can win the West but no way he can take us to the SB. Our D is good but not Baltimore of old good. We might even be able to win a playoff game but Cassel will turn into the Cassel that Baltimore destroyed in our last playoff game once we face a legit D.

All this extra talent just might create a 2008 type year, you never know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:46 am

They havent won a playoff game since 94 so I'm hoping for better than that. I think they might win a playoff game this year against a wild card team like the Jets or Broncos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:48 pm

Kansas City Chiefs: Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State
E-mailer Greg H. asked me which team I thought had the most talent on the roster outside of the quarterback position. I thought about it, and I came up with the Chiefs. They're pretty much stacked everywhere - except for that all-important signal-caller spot. It wouldn't hurt to add competition for Matt Cassel. I don't consider Brady Quinn competition.

Brandon Weeden makes sense because he's presumably ready to step in right away. The Chiefs can win the Super Bowl with good quarterback play, so they're not interested in someone they can groom for a couple of years.

This is Walters 2nd rnd for us. I dont post this because of the pick (I dont think there is any way in hell we take a QB gonna be 29 yrs old in 2), but because of what it says about our roster. The QB position is going to be the thing that keeps us from the SB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:22 am

If Weeden slips to us in the 2nd, his ass better be a Chief. I dont care about his age..he's still a year or 2 younger than Cassel and he's certainly not as big of a piece of shit as Cassel is. Hell I'd consider taking Tannehill in the 1st right now..the more I watch and hear about him the more I want to take the risk.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:00 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
If Weeden slips to us in the 2nd, his ass better be a Chief. I dont care about his age..he's still a year or 2 younger than Cassel and he's certainly not as big of a piece of shit as Cassel is. Hell I'd consider taking Tannehill in the 1st right now..the more I watch and hear about him the more I want to take the risk.

I wouldnt take Wheeden but I do agree on Tannehill but only at 11.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Weeden in the 2nd is definitely worth a look, but I would probably go a different route as well. If Tannehill is available at 11, I would pull the trigger. But if I was Pioli, there's no way I use something like a first and a second rounder to move up and draft him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Not a Weeden fan at all.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Keith Rivers Traded To Giants For 5th Round Pick

Keith Rivers has been traded from the Cincinnati Bengals to the New York Giants in exchange for a 5th round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, according to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News. The trade had been rumored throughout the day Wednesday and apparently came to fruition sometime in the afternoon. Terms of the deal have not been finalized but it appears that Rivers won't immediately be signed to a contract extension, making him an unrestricted free agent following the 2012 season.

The Bengals picked up Manny Lawson and Thomas Howard in the off season, making Rivers expendable for the right price. Rivers was the No. 9 overall selection in the 2008 NFL Draft. He has 186 tackles, two sacks, two interceptions and a forced fumble in three seasons with Cincinnati.

Rivers spent the past season on the sidelines with a wrist injury, and has yet to play a full 16-game slate. The Giants were looking to upgrade their speed and playmaking in the linebacking corps, however, and by all accounts Rivers fits the bill.

For more on the potential trade, visit SB Nation's Giants blog, Big Blue View, and SB Nation New York. And for a Bengals perspective, check out Cincy Jungle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:51 pm

I would have loved to have had him for a 5th round pick if Rivers. I know he's injury prone but he has talent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Seems pretty cheap for him.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Yes it does. Its too bad if he has dropped off that much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:55 pm

I think that Hines Ward hit slapped some pussy into him. He just hasn't been the same since
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:13 pm

He is done as a big timer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Tue May 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Looks like Pioli is looking to spend some of that left over cap space. Dallas Clark and Atogwe have been in for visits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   

Back to top Go down

Another Free Agency Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next