ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Another Free Agency Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Another Free Agency Thread   Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can't have enough of these

AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:19 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:
Garay is worse than Rogers at this point. Garay is nothing like he used to be. Rogers can still stuff the run very well.

I didn't know Garay had declined that much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:52 pm

Would love to have Franklin if the price is right. But wouldn't be upset with Rogers either. Hopefully we sign one of the two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:59 pm

Why is everyone so afraid to go into the season with Powe, Amon Gordon, and a rookie to be named later? That'd be a whole lot of competition in training camp. I would have to think somebody would emerge from that and step into a decent starting role.

I agree it would be best to have an experienced NT and use Gordon in a more versatile D-line role, but I don't think the Chiefs HAVE to get one in free agency.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:21 pm

they dont have to get one but if Powe is the future then getting another stop gap and drafting a potential stud G to go along that oline makes sense. I just dont want to draft one in the first. I didnt mind the idea of Poe at first but it sure seems like there is some serious bust potential there. the kid out of Baylor in 3 or 4 sounds better to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:11 pm

I think that if Pioli doesnt trade down we shoudl go OL or Kuechly from BC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:49 pm

If there was a prospect the caliber of like Phil Taylor, Terrance Cody, or Vince Wilfork I'd be cool with drafting a NT this year. Buuut not really seeing it. Powe has first round talent, so maybe more time and coaching will get it out of him. Sign a veteran stop gap NT unless they think they can't tap Powe's potential.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Restricted free agent LB Dan Skuta visited in Kansas City with Chiefs personnel, spending time with coaches talking defense and special teams. The 6-2, 248-pounder from Flint, Mich., has played 55 games over three years with Cincinnati. As an RFA, if the Chiefs make the 26-year-old an offer, the Bengals have the right to match that tender. If they do not, there is no compensation for him.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:04 pm

Skuta is an interesting prospect. He has some serious talent. Great athlete. Could be a diamond in the rough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:00 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
they dont have to get one but if Powe is the future then getting another stop gap and drafting a potential stud G to go along that oline makes sense. I just dont want to draft one in the first. I didnt mind the idea of Poe at first but it sure seems like there is some serious bust potential there. the kid out of Baylor in 3 or 4 sounds better to me.

What I understood from the article I posted awhile back was Powe was very green. Physically he's up there ready to go. The brain between his ears was the part that needed a bit of work. I remember before the draft reading a report about Powe being LD and constantly needed a tutor to get through school. It may take him a couple of years to learn the system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:12 pm

I feel like his job is the easiest of anyones on this team to learn. Could be wrong though.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:08 pm

[quote="RustShack"]I feel like his job is the easiest of anyones on this team to learn. Could be wrong though. [/quoteYo]

I do to. You wouldn't think it would be that hard to know your gaps. I have never seen an NFL Defense playbook either. It could effect him if they are anything like the ones the Offense has to deal with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Coach Romeo Crennel isn't "ruling out" a return from free agent NT Kelly Gregg, who is contemplating retirement.
"I think he would like to come back and play," said Crennel. "I think he likes the situation." The Chiefs have shown interest in several veterans, including Aubrayo Franklin, but they've informed the free agents that no signing will occur until after next month's draft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:31 am

OutlawChief wrote:
Coach Romeo Crennel isn't "ruling out" a return from free agent NT Kelly Gregg, who is contemplating retirement.
"I think he would like to come back and play," said Crennel. "I think he likes the situation." The Chiefs have shown interest in several veterans, including Aubrayo Franklin, but they've informed the free agents that no signing will occur until after next month's draft.

I know a lot of people didn't care for Gregg last year, but I thought he played well under the circumstances and was an upgrade over Ron Edwards. He is definitely on his last legs tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:36 am

Sounds like the Chiefs want to end up with a high pick at NT. I don't exactly think that means with the #11 pick though.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:19 am

No I wouldnt take one in the first even. There isnt one worth it. Taamu or Fangupo would be good I think in the 3rd or 4th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:36 am

Any1 know about the NT out of Baylor? a mock that had us getting him in 4 and where it talked about the pick it said this guy is one of the more underrated players in the draft. guess he is a bowling ball that can get pressure on the QB from the NT spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:28 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Any1 know about the NT out of Baylor? a mock that had us getting him in 4 and where it talked about the pick it said this guy is one of the more underrated players in the draft. guess he is a bowling ball that can get pressure on the QB from the NT spot.

I will have to look him up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:29 pm

Kelly Gregg came to the Kansas City Chiefs on a one-year contract last year and after the season his hometown paper in Oklahoma caught up with him and the paper indicated he was likely to retire.

Maybe that's not the case. (Taking Bill Muir's retirement advice.)

Adam Teicher has a story up at the KC Star after a recent interview with Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel. The quote from Crennel: "I'm not ruling Kelly out. I think he would like to come back and play." Check out the rest of the quotes in the KC Star story but it certainly sounds like Gregg could be in play for the Chiefs this year.

Then again, it also sounded like he was going to retire just a couple months ago, so we'll have to wait a month or more to find out. Crennel tells Teicher they've kept their eye on some nose tackles on the open market but don't plan to make a move there until after the NFL draft next April.

So, yeah, that's potentially a pretty big piece of information. Nose tackle is really the only position on the Chiefs roster that is a major hole at the moment. That the Chiefs aren't making a decision until after the draft suggests nose tackle is a very real possibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:31 pm

So Crennel's statement of waiting till after the draft on FA's seems to suggest that we will be looking at a NT fairly high. Poe's athletic ability may be to much for Crennel to pass on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:43 pm

BigRatt wrote:
So Crennel's statement of waiting till after the draft on FA's seems to suggest that we will be looking at a NT fairly high. Poe's athletic ability may be to much for Crennel to pass on.

He also said he likes his roster and that it lets them draft for BPA rather than for need. If that is true I dont see Poe being the pick because of the big bust potential. if it is BPA then Decastro seems to be as big a no-brainer as Berry was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
BigRatt wrote:

He also said he likes his roster and that it lets them draft for BPA rather than for need. If that is true I dont see Poe being the pick because of the big bust potential. if it is BPA then Decastro seems to be as big a no-brainer as Berry was.

I really hope DeCastro is the pick, if we don't trade down. Poe just scares me. Not getting a good vibe at all from him. I for one would go DeCastro all the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:55 pm

Poe is being hyped up as a top ten player now. Who could "fall' to the Chiefs.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:02 pm

they are saying that he doesnt play like NT. After watching some tape he doesnt playlike one. Could be sims all over again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:14 pm

He would be successful as a DE in our defense. But he might not be the best option at NT.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:05 pm

kcchiefs wrote:
He would be successful as a DE in our defense. But he might not be the best option at NT.

A guy like that would be interesting at DE. Maybe a replacement for Dorsey perhaps? My only concern about Poe is that as he ages that speed is gonna go bye-bye. So any team drafting based on athletic ability is buying a limited time frame. A guy with this frame is more likely to put on weight especially once he gets paid. Its NT or bust with Poe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   

Back to top Go down

Another Free Agency Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next