ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Another Free Agency Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Another Free Agency Thread   Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can't have enough of these

AuthorMessage
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:22 am

Getting Soliai and Tolbert would take care of a couple of huge issues before the draft. If we signed Soliai, Tolbert, Nicks, and Dan Connor all before the draft we would be in great shape.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:45 pm

Honestly I think getting RG3 is more likely than signing Nicks, and I don't think getting RG3 is that likely.

Grubbs COULD be possible, I don't know how much he wants. But I know Nicks wants paid more than his guard teammate who became the highest paid OG a few years ago(until Mankins passed him last year).

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:00 pm

I would be fine with Grubbs he is a top ten guard in the NFL. We just need to draft a RT to help protect Manning. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:50 am

Chiefs Free Agency: Bengals Anthony Collins Could Plug Hole At Right Tackle
by Matt Conner

As the NFL gears up for the end of the franchise tag period and the beginning of free agency, teams are getting ready to survey the options and go for broke on some players. For the Chiefs, the weaknesses include right tackle and there are precious few options out there for Scott Pioli to choose from. But Nathan Jahnke of Pro Football Focus says that Anthony Collins of the Bengals could fit the bill.

The Chiefs definitely need something since they have a major hole on the right side. Barry Richardson has been among the worst starting tackles in all of football over the last two seasons, particularly last year, and he is now a free agent. The team could bring him back for depth, but going into another year with the same weakness at right tackle is not likely.

Jahnke writes, “While it’s possible the Chiefs bring back Wiegmann who is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent and move one of their players to tackle, it would be better for the Chiefs long-term to bring in someone. Anthony Collins of the Bengals would be the best choice to take over the right tackle spot. The Chiefs have built their line around strong pass protectors, and Collins fits that mold. In his last 302 pass plays dating back to 2009, he has allowed just five pressures, with no sacks or hits.”

Collins is a free agent after the Bengals franchised Mike Nugent. Now the team has no ability to deal with Collins aside from the same rules every other team has to abide by. Expect Pioli to at least kick the tires on this option.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:41 pm

And hes only 26? Talked me into it.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:36 pm

He is a solid Tackle. He might be a good starter for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:32 pm

RustShack wrote:
And hes only 26? Talked me into it.

I dont know much about him other than hes been injur4ed quite abit. I think if nothing else he would be a solid backup to have. Hes really good in pass pro but I dont know much about his run blocking. I know he had the back prob and he may be Kyle Turley V2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:11 am

Collins went to KU..No thanks.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:07 pm

Chiefs assigned the franchise tag to WR Dwayne Bowe.
Kansas City waited until there were 20 minutes left before the end of the franchise tag period. The wideout market remains strong, even with Bowe, Wes Welker, Stevie Johnson, and DeSean Jackson returning to their respective teams. Bowe, 27, is rumored to be asking for exorbitant money, pursuing a contract in excess of what Vincent Jackson may receive on the open market. Therefore, it seems likely that Bowe will play the upcoming season on his one-year tender. Bowe set a career-high with 81 receptions in 2011 despite having to play with zero running game and four starts of Tyler Palko. Expect borderline WR1 production in 2012.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redross006
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:27 pm

I've been saying all along that Carr would leave and Bowe would be tagged. Whats more is he will play this upcoming season under the franchise tag and leave this time next year because he wants to be the top paid WR in the league and wants a real QB throwing balls to him. Neither is likely to happen in KC. Cassell starts this upcoming season because all this QB competition talk is just that, TALK. Every move the Chiefs brass has made has been VERY predictable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:12 pm

A #1 WR is a little more important than a #2 CB. You can't win everything, and sometimes you have to let selfish players go.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:39 pm

RustShack wrote:
A #1 WR is a little more important than a #2 CB. You can't win everything, and sometimes you have to let selfish players go.

I agree, and I think Bowe will get a deal done during the season. Plus I believe Manning will be throwing passes to him this season, so he will want the deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:21 pm

I think should want to stay and be a true #1. If we improve the QB situation he will deffinitely stay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:40 pm

Luis Castillo visited with the Chiefs
Posted by Josh Alper on March 9, 2012, 11:01 AM EST
Luis Castillo AP

Peyton Manning isn’t the only recently released veteran to catch the eye of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Defensive end Luis Castillo, released by the Chargers earlier this week, had a visit with the Chiefs. Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that several other teams have also expressed interest in Castillo, who the Chargers are thought to be interested in bringing back at a price lower than the $4.9 million he was set to make in 2012.

The Chiefs are set with Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson as their starting defensive ends, so it would seem their interest in Castillo would be as part of a rotation. They’ve certainly had plenty of chances to see Castillo over the years, although they’d still need to make sure he’s fully healthy after a broken tibia cost him almost all of the 2011 season.

If they did sign Castillo, it would continue an already busy offseason of AFC West teams picking up castoffs from their divisional rivals. Linebacker Demorrio Williams went from the Chiefs to the Chargers and the Chiefs signed cornerback Stanford Routt after the Raiders let him go.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:05 pm

If we did get Castillo, I would think that we would look to deal Dorsey or Jackson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:24 am

chiefbravebull wrote:
If we did get Castillo, I would think that we would look to deal Dorsey or Jackson.

I doubt the Chiefs would get rid of either one of them this year. Castillo would be a good veteran rotational 3-4 DE that could teach Jackson, Dorsey and Bailey the nuances of the position. Then if any of the 3 didn't make improvements in 2012, those guys would probably have to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:34 am

Pioli just wont keep that mich money under one position. one would have to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:11 pm

I don't think we get him, or hes worth a big contract. I was talking to a guy thats a big Chargers fan last night and he said Castillo is one of those guys who did steroids in college to help get over an injury and was great at first in the NFL but isn't as good anymore off of the Roids.

Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:47 pm

I hope we bring in Dallas Clark..guys one of the best recieving tight ends when healthy

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:32 pm

I don't get why the Colts are letting him go... do they want to set Luck up to fail?

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:17 pm

RustShack wrote:
I don't get why the Colts are letting him go... do they want to set Luck up to fail?

They are shopping Freeney to. They are completely cleaning house and starting over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:27 pm

To be honest that is what the colts need to do. They need to just cut it down and start all new.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:39 pm

The fewer people around telling Andrew Luck 'this is how Peyton used to do it', the better for the colts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Exactly. They need a complete and total fresh start like they had when they drafted manning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:40 am

Interesting stuff from Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald on New England Patriots running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis who is scheduled to become a free agent on Tuesday afternoon:

The Patriots would like to re-sign their 1,000-yard rusher at the right price, but it also may not happen until after he tests the market. I hear there is at least one team extremely hot on him (besides the Patriots) and that may up his price. It's too early to tell whether he'll hit free agency, but I bet this one goes right down to the wire.

The infamous mystery team. The most logical guess is that this is the Kansas City Chiefs. We've talked about Green-Ellis in the past and he makes sense for the Chiefs in a number of ways but the biggest thing is that he has 24 rushing touchdowns in the last two seasons. He knows how to get the ball into the end zone, which is a dynamic the Chiefs didn't really have last season and it cost them, especially in the red zone. Green-Ellis to the Chiefs is one of those moves that make too much sense.

An interesting factor in all this, potentially at least, is something I heard from Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe the other day when he was on 610 Sports. He says there's some sort of code between the Belichick/Parcells group, and especially Pioli and Belichick, where you don't pursue each other's free agents. Like they don't want to burn the other person in free agency. I'm not sure of the nuances involved in that but it's something to consider when determining whether the Chiefs will pursue Green-Ellis. Here's the audio of that segment on 610 Sports.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Free Agency Thread   

Back to top Go down

Another Free Agency Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next