ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Search for an OC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Search for an OC   Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Apparently the Chiefs and Patriots asked the Rams permission to talk to McDaniels according to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

-Penn State hired the Patriots OC to be their HC last night.

AuthorMessage
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:48 am

Could be true, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:20 am

Cam Cameron could be a name to watch.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:23 pm

From Senior Bowl
by KcChiefs.com

"Crennel says he’s getting closer to defining titles and finalizing his coaching staff for 2012, but isn’t ready to announce any additions or subtractions just yet.

“We’re still in that process and things are going good,” Crennel said after the South practice Tuesday evening. “We will continue to go through this process and when we get it all finalized, then we’ll let everyone know.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:52 am

Muir says he doesn't want to retire. Sounds like he might be our OL coach next year again which I'm fine with.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Yeah he is ok as an OL coach. Just never should have been our OC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:02 pm

If he wants to stay on as the OL coach that is great, he knows his shit at OL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:19 am

ON ROMEO’S STAFF, EMERY’S STATUS
January 25, 2012 - Bob Gretz

From Mobile, Alabama
The majority of the Chiefs contingent hit the road out of town on Wednesday, heading for the airport and flying back to Kansas City and other locations.
But on Wednesday, director of college scouting Phil Emery was on the field after practice in the morning and he was wearing a shirt with a Chiefs logo. Emery is reportedly one of two finalists for the GM job with the Chicago Bears.
Emery along with New England’s director of pro personnel Jason Licht will have second interviews with Chicago management on Thursday and Friday, reportedly in the Windy City.
While head coach Romeo Crennel says the Chiefs are waiting for a few things to fall into place before finalizing his coaching staff, the question came up – how many coaches are being hired, and thus how many coaches are being let go?
During the Senior Bowl week there were plenty of Chiefs assistant coaches in the stands watching the workouts. Seen at Ladd-Peebles Stadium from the offensive side of the staff Bill Muir, Maurice Carthon, Bernie Parmalee and Jim Zorn. Defensive coaches in the house were Gary Gibbs, Otis Smith, Emmitt Thomas, Anthony Pleasant and Adam Zimmer. All seemed to be wearing their Chiefs gear.
There were four assistants who were not seen: special teams coach Steve Hoffman, offensive assistant Nick Sirianni, wide receivers coach Richie Anderson and assistant offensive line coach Pat Perles.
That does not mean they were not there – the Senior Bowl brings over 800 NFL club employees to town and they could have gone unnoticed. However, people were looking for them.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Now that Mike Sherman has landed with Miami, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi suspects the Chiefs will turn to ex-Dolphins offensive coordinator Brian Daboll for the same position in Kansas City.
Daboll is left without a job, and he has a history with GM Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel from their time together in New England. It's hard to fairly evaluate Daboll as a play-caller because he's had major QB issues with the Browns and Dolphins the past few seasons. Lombardi believes Chiefs QBs coach Jim Zorn is the other candidate for the job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:52 am

Im not real sure what Dabolls style is. If he can make Reggie Bush a great rusher than he should tear it up with Charles running the ball for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:36 pm

Matt Moore didn't look to bad under him either. Obviously our offense is limited by Cassel anways, but maybe he can do just enough to let our defense win the games.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Phil Emery Is The Bears New General Manager

by Joel Thorman on Jan 28, 2012 2:28 PM CST

Phil Emery is the Chicago Bears new GM.

The Bears have officially announced that they've hired Emery, who is now the former Kansas City Chiefs director of college scouting.

Emery spent six years as an area scout for the Bears in the late 90s and early 00s so he has some familiarity.

The search started with five candidates but it got down to Emery and Jason Licht from the Patriots. In the end, Emery got the job.

This means the Chiefs are in need of a new college scouting director. GM Scott Pioli has known Emery's been a candidate for the job so I imagine he's thought about that, or perhaps has a plan in place.

It also means we can commence the "let's trade for this player on the Bears" talk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:31 pm

Well add a new director of college personel to the list of needs. It always sucks to lose quality staff, but its the nature of the beast when you draft well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:04 pm

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Chiefs director of college scouting Phil Emery has been hired as the Chicago Bears’ general manager.

The Chiefs had been preparing for Emery’s potential departure. He had been considered a leading candidate in Chicago. He formerly was a scout for the Bears.

This won’t be a crippling loss for the Chiefs, but they will need to quickly adjust. Losing your college scouting director on the day of the Senior Bowl and four weeks before the NFL combine is not ideal. I’m sure Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli has a plan to replace Emery, since the Chicago process was lengthy.

In other AFC West-related news, NFL offensive coordinator opportunities are shrinking for former Oakland coach Hue Jackson. Baltimore didn’t replace Cam Cameron and Schefter reports the Colts are hiring former Steelers coordinator Bruce Arians. Jackson was considered a potential candidate for both jobs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:15 pm

Bruce Arians might have been a decent look. Crennel has got to be looking at a NE position coach. Perhaps his old buddy Dante Scarnecchia. Maybe Brian Ferentz. I would rather have Jackson or Daboll and Cam Camerson is staying in Bali.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Has Daboll actually been released yet? My guess is they have been waiting around on him, but also want to hire Ferentz. Jackson would still be my top choice, but all teams might pass on him for the year.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:12 am

What about Caldwell from Indy, I dont know much about him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:13 am

Nevermind he is in Baltimore I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:27 pm

We were interested in Sherman before he went to the Dolphins.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:02 pm

by Bob Gretz - Crennel: No major change in offensive philosophy
As the wait for an offensive coordinator continues, coach Romeo Crennel said there will be no change in offensive philosophy from that of departed coach Todd Haley. “Everybody runs the ball and everybody throws the ball,” Crennel said. “You have to adjust your gameplan to whatever defense you’re going against. If that means you need to go no-huddle, you need to be able to go no-huddle.”

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:30 pm

I still think this solidifies that we need an experienced coach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:59 pm

Chiefs deny Bears permission to speak to Jim Zorn
Posted by Josh Alper on January 31, 2012, 4:23 PM EST

Getty ImagesThe Chiefs couldn’t stop Phil Emery from leaving the team to become Bears general manager, but they did stop him from bringing one of their coaches with him.

Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that the Chiefs blocked the Bears from interviewing quarterbacks coach Jim Zorn for a similar job on Lovie Smith’s staff. NFL teams are permitted to deny assistants under contract the chance to interview for assistant coaching jobs on other teams.

The Chiefs are looking for a new offensive coordinator and this move could be seen as a sign that Zorn would be under consideration for that position. There haven’t been any signals out of Kansas City that it is a possibility, but Zorn has wound up getting unexpected promotions in the past. He was hired as the Redskins offensive coordinator in 2008 and promoted to head coach a month later.

The Bears are in need of a quarterbacks coach who can oversee all aspects of the passing game for new offensive coordinator Mike Tice. Jensen reports that Alex Van Pelt is under consideration for the role.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:32 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Crennel doesn't settle on Zorn as the OC. Reality of it is, I would rather have him than the OL coach promotions they are looking at. I think I would rather have Zorn over Daboll. Zorn wouldn't be a bad hire at all. I really like how he called those last 3 games. Not to mention he already knows what kind of talent is here and has HC experience. I know Zorn would want Orton over Cassell, so I wouldn't be surprised one bit at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:40 pm

Chiefs were interested in Mike Sherman until he signed with the Dolphins to be their OC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:43 pm

Really would have liked Sherman, But I am ok with Zorn also. I agree with you about him over Daboll. Guess we will have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:01 pm

The list of canidates to interview from the Super Bowl teams have to be, Kevin Gilbride, Dante Scarnecchia, Brian Ferentz, and maybe Kevin Gilbride Jr. Ferentz and Gilbride Jr have no play calling experience as Ferentz coaches TE's and Gilbride Jr is a Offense Quality Control type of guy with experience of coaching WR's at Temple. I'm sorry but I dont think Gilbride Sr will be leaving the Giants. Hes in a good situation and has a pretty good QB to work with there. Scarnecchia has been mainly a TE/OL/Special Teams coach but has no playcalling experience at all. If they haven't interviewed Hue Jackson by now they are not going to. So final selection pool has to be Zorn, Scarecchia, Daboll, and Ferentz. I think I would rather keep Zorn from that pool myself. Hue Jackson is the most qualified out of them all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   

Back to top Go down

Search for an OC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next