ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Search for an OC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Search for an OC   Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Apparently the Chiefs and Patriots asked the Rams permission to talk to McDaniels according to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

-Penn State hired the Patriots OC to be their HC last night.

AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:56 pm

RustShack wrote:
I would totally love Martz. Bring back the Saudners/Vermiel type offense. Only problem is he can't work with a TE like those two could and Moeaki is legit. There would also be big time problems if he had to stick with Cassel like Weis did. But he would go ape shit on defenses with WR's like Bowe, Baldwin, and Breaston!

Thats why i wanted Saunders to get the job in the first place. I liked that offense. Only thing that bothers me about Martz is he doesn't like to run the ball. When he does run the ball its something stupid like a shotgun draw or a pitch out of the shotgun. I dont know anything about Koetter. Dont remember much about Childress.

Last edited by BigRatt on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KCJay
Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:02 pm

BigRatt wrote:
RustShack wrote:
I would totally love Martz. Bring back the Saudners/Vermiel type offense. Only problem is he can't work with a TE like those two could and Moeaki is legit. There would also be big time problems if he had to stick with Cassel like Weis did. But he would go ape shit on defenses with WR's like Bowe, Baldwin, and Breaston!

Only thing that bothers me about Martz is he doesn't like to run the ball. When he does run the ball its something stupid like a shotgun draw or a pitch out of the shotgun.

???

Didn't Frank Gore, Marshall Faulk, and more recently, Matt Forte run the ball under his strategies?

I think Martz would be a hell of a pickup for the offense..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:03 pm

KCJay wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
RustShack wrote:

Only thing that bothers me about Martz is he doesn't like to run the ball. When he does run the ball its something stupid like a shotgun draw or a pitch out of the shotgun.

???

Didn't Frank Gore, Marshall Faulk, and more recently, Matt Forte run the ball under his strategies?

I think Martz would be a hell of a pickup for the offense..

I dont know, I haven't watched Martz with San Fran and Chicago a whole lot. I know how he was in St. Louis, he was pass first and then pass some more. He even alienated Faulk in the last couple of years.

His offense was terribly unbalanced in Detroit, even the players complained about the pass happy offense and he was fired.

In San Fran, Singletary wanted a run first ball control offense which Martz is not known for and was let go. Martz offense was ranked 23rd out of 32 in points scored, 24th in total yards, 13th in passing yards per game and 22nd in net passing yards per attempt, which represents an improvement over 2007 (when SF ranked dead last in all 3 categories), but they ranked 26th in rushing yards & last in total turnovers.

He goes to Chicago and the Bears offense was 28th in passing and 22nd in rushing despite having no significant injuries. Martz’s name came up in rumors surrounding college coaching jobs like Arizona State so it really isn’t a surprise that he is moving on from the Bears, especially given the way the offense fell apart following the loss of Jay Cutler. He resigned over Philisophical reasons with coach Lovie Smith. I'm assuming Lovie wanted to run the ball more. He seems to have major differences that cause problems everywhere he goes. Hes not a flexible guy, its his way or fuck off. Pioli just got done firing a guy similiar to that, I dont think they will bring in a guy who might be a problem. I might be wrong. Martz just doesn't do it for me. If Orton is not brought back, I dont think Martz would even have an interest in working with Cassell. The Chiefs are a run first team, Martz is a pass first guy. As much as Martz likes to throw, lots of picks seems to be a recurring theme about every where he goes. I dont think Crennel would like that being a Defensive minded coach. Its not a good fit in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:27 pm

The only way Martz makes any sense would be to go out and get Manning and a RT who can keep him up right.

Last edited by BigRatt on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Yeah would be surprised if Martz comes here. Most likely Zorn will be our new OC. But it's really anyones guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:07 pm

My pick for OC is newly fired Hue Jackson. Every where hes been except Atlanta hes done good things. He would have a field day with our WRs.

Hue was a college QB at Pacific.

He led California’s high-powered offense in 1996 as its offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, he helped lead the Golden Bears to an Aloha Bowl berth.

Jackson served as USC’s offensive coordinator from 1997-2000, helping to recruit and develop players, including QB Carson Palmer, with whom he was later reunited in Cincinnati and Oakland.

In 01 and 02 under Marty and Spurrier he coached Stephen Davis to 1430 yards as RB coach.

From 04 to 06 in Cincy as WRs coach, Housh and Cinco became one of the most prolific WRs tandems in NFL History.

In 07 he was coordinator with the Falcons under Petrino, Emmit Thomas and it didn't turn out so well. Vick was sidelined for the season and the Falcons were forced to play with 2 undrafted rookies on the O line.

In 08 and 09 he coached Flacco as QB coach and Flacco was the first rookie QB to win 2 playoff games in NFL History. Ravens made the playoffs both years Hue was there. Hue also replaced Jim Zorn as QB coach.

In 2010, under Jackson’s guidance, the Raiders offense finished fourth in the AFC and sixth in the NFL in scoring (25.6 points per game) also finished fifth in the AFC and 10th in the NFL in total offense (354.6 yards per game) and second in the NFL and AFC in rushing (155.9 yards per game). The Raiders more than doubled their scoring output from the previous year, totaling 410 points. Under Jackson’s offense, RB Darren McFadden finished the season with 1,157 yards rushing on 223 carries for a 5.2 average YPC and 7 rushing touchdowns. McFadden also had 47 receptions for 507 yards and 3 touchdowns. His total numbers were 1,664 total yards and 10 total touchdowns for the 2010 NFL season. Making McFadden the NFL's 5th leader in total yards from scrimmage for the 2010 season.

Hue transformed McFadden and Bay into respectable players when many thought both were busts. Zach Miller loved him. I think Hue would be a good fit for the kind of offense that the Chiefs need to run.

Last edited by BigRatt on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Hey I am sold, he would also love the chance to play against Oakland twice a year after how things went down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:29 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
Hey I am sold, he would also love the chance to play against Oakland twice a year after how things went down.

Me to. Only problem is, as many teams that need HCs he might get another gig. Only reason he was fired was because McKenzi wants on the of the GB assistants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:44 pm

I'd be completely fine with Hue as OC.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:46 pm

The AFC West provided plenty of headlines last week.

Tim Tebow led the Denver Broncos to an upset overtime victory over the Steelers. The Chargers decided to stand pat with their Norv Turner and A.J. Smith, and the Chiefs confirmed Romeo Crennel as their head coach.

Then this afternoon, the Oakland Raiders made a major move. Four days into the job, general manager Reggie McKenzie fired his head coach, Hue Jackson.

Oakland's head coach position is no stranger to turnover; the last coach to last more than two years was Jon Gruden, who left in 2001 after four years. Tom Flores lasted six years in the 80s, but no one's stayed with the Raiders longer than that since John Madden.

Jackson was supposed to change that trend. Mild mannered compared to his predecessor Tom Cable, Jackson had a respectable coaching resume, recent success as Oakland's offensive coordinator in 2010 and just enough grit to appeal to Al Davis.

But for better or worse, these are no longer Davis' Raiders. And with Jackson as the remaining leader of the old guard, McKenzie couldn't keep him with the team; the spectre in the silver jumpsuit will be ever-present as is.

Jackson's sudden unemployment could pay huge dividends to the Kansas City Chiefs, though. Oakland fielded a solid offense before injuries to Jason Campbell and Darren McFadden hobbled the team. Jackson has experience capitalizing on shared backfield offenses with McFadden and Michael Bush, and excels at coaching receivers. Kansas City needs someone to continue working with Dwayne Bowe and Jonathan Baldwin

Jackson could likely also convince a player or two to come out to the Midwest. Kansas City could use a big, young back like Michael Bush next year.

The biggest knock on Jackson (aside from coaching the Chiefs' biggest rival) is Oakland's record-setting penalty mark this year. Kansas City had plenty of their own issues avoiding flags; Jackson will need to instill more discipline than his team showed for the Chiefs to be successful.

Crennel has plenty of choices to make as he builds a coaching staff and team capable of winning a Super Bowl, and he'll need a solid offensive coordinator to compliment his skill on defense.

Jackson might not be the absolute best choice out there, but the Chiefs could do far worse. Plus, winning with Oakland's jettisoned coach in the booth would only further fuel what is already the NFL's biggest rivalry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Jackson would be a great OC. With him and Zorn here we could have a great offense. We would just need to find an OL coach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:04 am

and Saprano would be a great choice. But other than Pioli I don't think theres a connection off the top of my head which actually might be a good thing if Crennel is able to get his own guy instead.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Brian Daboll is rumored to be a candidate.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:07 pm

Daboll is not what we need. We need someone capable of completley taking over the offensive side of the ball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:36 pm

Chiefs in no hurry to add coordinators

January, 12, 2012

By Bill Williamson

I had the opportunity to speak to new Kansas City coach Romeo Crennel on Thursday morning about an upcoming project. However, I was able to ask him about the team’s progress toward hiring offensive and defensive coordinators.

Crennel indicated that the offensive and defensive coordinator positions will likely not be filled in the immediate future. Crennel said he is in the early stages of the process and that the team needs to get some permission to talk to some candidates. That could be an indication that the Chiefs might have some candidates who are position coaches elsewhere in the league.

Crennel said he hopes to interview candidates next week and at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama the following week.

He did discuss specific candidates. Among the potential candidates for the offensive coordinator job could include Kansas City quarterbacks coach Jim Zorn, former Jacksonville offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter and perhaps even former Oakland coach Hue Jackson. Possible defensive candidates could include Kansas City assistant Gary Gibbs, former Jacksonville defensive coordinator and interim coach Mel Tucker, and San Francisco assistant Jim Tomsula.

In other AFC West news:

Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. lists Kansas City’s Tamba Hali as the third best pass-rusher in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:39 pm

Just get Hue Jackson here. Now!

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:03 pm

RustShack wrote:
Just get Hue Jackson here. Now!

Of the names I have heard, hes my favorite and the best fit. Who knows, Jackson might just lean towards the power blocking scheme over the zone. One thing is for sure, if we are to stick with the zone scheme we must find some bigger players who have enough athleticism to fit into the zone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:56 pm

It is not hard to find those types of lineman because it is very common in the college game now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:36 am

I would be completely stoked if we signed Hue Jackson. If we have the same level of defense or possibly better with better safety play defense thenwe could be making some real noise next year.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:43 am

kcchiefs wrote:
I would be completely stoked if we signed Hue Jackson. If we have the same level of defense or possibly better with better safety play defense thenwe could be making some real noise next year.

Hes my favorite to get the job. The defense dont need much assuming Carr gets brought back. Paul Soliai and S depth would really put us over the top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:44 am

Hue Jackson is deffinitely the best option for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:53 pm

Chiefs want to interview Geep Chryst

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:58 pm

RustShack wrote:
Chiefs want to interview Geep Chryst

who is that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:20 am

49ers QB coach

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:24 am

Really, that does not sound very good to me I will have to look him up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   

Back to top Go down

Search for an OC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next