ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Search for an OC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Search for an OC   Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Apparently the Chiefs and Patriots asked the Rams permission to talk to McDaniels according to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

-Penn State hired the Patriots OC to be their HC last night.

AuthorMessage
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Longtime NFL line coach Bill Muir retires
Posted by Evan Silva on February 1, 2012, 2:18 PM EST

Getty ImagesAdam Teicher of the Kansas City Star reports that former Chiefs offensive coordinator Bill Muir has retired. Muir informed the team of his intentions Wednesday morning.

The Chiefs wanted Muir back to coach their offensive line, but the 69-year-old told the Star that he’s had enough of football. He spent 28 seasons as an NFL offensive line coach and has been coaching in some capacity since the late 1960s.

“I feel badly because they want me to stay,” Muir said. “I’m not leaving because of anything that has gone on or will go on with the Chiefs. This is a personal decision. It’s very personal. I’ve been denying myself a lot of things over the years, but I’m at a point in my life where I want to do some other things.”

The Chiefs have interviewed quarterbacks coach Jim Zorn as a candidate to replace Muir as offensive coordinator.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:41 am

We've interviewed Al Saunders.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:25 am

Al Saunders Emerges As Chiefs OC Candidate

One of the reasons I liked going to the Super Bowl the last two years (South Beach > Dallas, by the way) was all the interesting tidbits of information you'd pick up while talking to athletes and other media folks throughout the week on radio row. Not always groundbreaking stuff but an old story here or a funny anecdote there.

Bob Gretz, who is down (or is it up?) at the Super Bowl in Indianapolis, has a very interesting nugget that he picked up on radio row from former Dick Vermeil: Al Saunders visited with Romeo Crennel and the Chiefs this week.

Check out the post at BobGretz.com for the quotes from Vermeil (and some background on Muir, who retired today, a week after telling Gretz he was not going to retire).

Saunders, of course, has had a couple of stints in KC -- first under Marty Schottenheimer for 10 years and then under Vermeil for five years.

One thing I'm still not clear on is Saunders' status with the Raiders. He was their offensive coordinator last season but the new head coach, Dennis Allen, has reportedly hired Greg Knapp to that position. Absent any official word from the Raiders, Saunders is still under contract in Oakland. Thus the Raiders could prevent this from happening and, well, they're the Raiders so maybe they would.

And that's only if the Chiefs were interested in actually hiring Saunders. We don't know whether they are.

We've been wondering for a while now if the Chiefs were waiting on one of the Super Bowl teams for their next offensive coordinator. But we also have to remember that there are still coaches becoming available -- or potentially available, in the case of Saunders -- from the six other new head coaches hired this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:26 am

RustShack wrote:
We've interviewed Al Saunders.

Oh Man! I would shit myself if this happened!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:29 am

Eh. It would be an upgrade, but the HOF OL is what really made him. Having a QB that had been in the system for years previously helped a lot too.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:37 am

I dont think there would be a better hire out there maybe other than Hue Jackson. Al is the better way to go because he wont get a HC opportunity. The O line can always be upgraded! You can start with a Hall of Fame type player in Decastro. Or trade up and get RG3! Albert is no Roaf but isn't a slouch at LT either. Albert would be amazing in Als system as he can get and pull like Roaf did. Decastro at LG with his pulling and trapping ability would also be a lethal combo. Sign a RT in FA or hang onto B Rich another year to get ahold of Ricky Wagner coming out of Wisconsin next year and bam you have one hell of a O line that KC hasn't had in a while. Al is a power blocking scheme type of guy, so I dont now he fits when Pioli and Crennel who both are Zone guys loyally to the end. Bottom line is, Coaches can only do so much. You have to have players that can play!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:52 pm

I think if we are going to turn this offense around. We have to sign Jackson or Saunders as our OC. Getting our key players back will help alot. But with either of these two offensive minds I think we can surprise people again like in2010. Hopefully even better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:51 pm

If its Saunders signing Campbell makes the most sense. But if we get Manning it doesn't matter who our OC is.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:19 pm

Report: Chiefs considering three for offensive coordinator
Posted by Josh Alper on February 3, 2012, 1:27 PM EST

Getty ImagesWe’ve already heard that the Chiefs plan to have a quarterback competition this offseason, but the name of the man who will oversee that battle remains a mystery.

A report from Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network sheds some light on who that man might be. La Canfora reports that the team is considering Brian Daboll, Jim Zorn and Al Saunders for their vacancy at offensive coordinator.

Zorn is already on Romeo Crennel’s coaching staff as the team’s quarterbacks coach. Zorn has never been an offensive coordinator, outside of a brief period with the Redskins when he was hired to be their coordinator before winding up as their head coach when Daniel Snyder decided to elevate him to the top job. Kansas City denied the Bears a chance to talk to Zorn about an opening in Chicago earlier this week.

Daboll was Miami’s offensive coordinator last season and ran Cleveland’s offense for Eric Manigni in 2009 and 2010. He was an assistant with in New England while Crennel and Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli were still working for the Patriots. Saunders was the Raiders’ offensive coordinator last season, but he’s out of that job with Greg Knapp coming to Oakland. He ran the Chiefs offense from 2001-2005 as part of a long career that’s featured stops all over the NFL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:57 pm

I think that if we have Saunders he gives us the most experience and if we have Manning come here you dont want Saunders because Manning will pretty much run the show on offense. If we have a shot at Manning than elevate Zorn and get a big time OL guy to coah the OL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:17 pm

I think Saunders would work just fine with Manning. None of the other guys have Manning ties either. Its not going to be the Vermiel playbook, it would be a lot more tamed down this time around since he doesn't have a QB who spent most of his career in that system.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:22 pm

And the Chiefs hire Daboll.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:15 pm

RustShack wrote:
And the Chiefs hire Daboll.

Wow! A pretty uninspirational hire if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:40 am

Cheapest hire for Clark and Pioli. You get what you pay for, and it looks like we'll be getting shit. Joy.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:58 am

Ugh all I can say,damn!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:59 pm

I actually don't mind the hire at all. Kinda glad everyone hates it too, typically thats the moves that end up being the good ones.

Hes never had a whole lot to work with, but he made Matt Moore and Reggie Bush look good last year. He made Hillis look good when he was with the Browns. Hes pretty young and not close to maxed out, I'm excited to see what he can do with some talent now. Hopefully we get Manning for him though, but the best thing for this team is that hes familiar the the system. That helps increase the chances of Orton taking over.

Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:34 pm

RustShack wrote:
I actually don't mind the hire at all. Kinda glad everyone hates it too, typically thats the moves that end up being the good ones.

Hes never had a whole lot to work with, but he made Matt Moore and Reggie Bush look good last year. He made Hillis look good when he was with the Browns. Hes pretty young and not close to maxed out, I'm excited to see what he can do with some talent now. Hopefully we get Manning for him though, but the best thing for this team is that hes familiar the the system. That helps increase the chances of Orton taking over.

The only way Orton stays is if he is given the starting job outright... and there is NO chance Pioli lets that happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:52 am

So where is Orton going to go instead where he wins the job outright? Let me rephrase that, where is he going to go that also runs the Earnhardt-Perkins offense who doesn't already have a QB to start outright? Orton has never been good unless it was in that scheme.

Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:14 am

there are enough teams out there that are not commited to their barely mediocre QB's the way the Chiefs have commited to Cassell. Orton played well enough in 3 games w/ the Chiefs to earn a starting job in this league... unfortunately Pioli is to stubborn to realize it. Cassell is the starter in KC.. everyone knows it... no one understands it. In 41 games as a starter w/ the Chiefs Cassell has beat just 1 playoff team and two teams who finished the season w/ a winning record. Orton beat 2 playoff teams in 3 games. Cassells best season as a Chief would have ranked him in the bottom 3rd of starting QB's this season. Simply put Cassell is good enough to beat bad teams and not good ones. Orton has a better arm, a quicker release, and can progress through all his receivers. Cassell cannot. Yet the Chiefs will still keep Cassell as the starter and watch Orton win more games somewhere else. Nothing I have seen out of this regime has convinced me otherwise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:10 pm

I'm pretty confident the only way Orton isn't here next year is if Manning is signed. But hey if some other team spends the coin on both Orton and Manning besides us then that probably means we are getting RG3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redross006
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Yeah we ain't getting RG3 either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:49 pm

RustShack wrote:
So where is Orton going to go instead where he wins the job outright? Let me rephrase that, where is he going to go that also runs the Earnhardt-Perkins offense who doesn't already have a QB to start outright? Orton has never been good unless it was in that scheme.

Rumor is that Shanny wants him in D.C. By the way we ran our Offense in those 3 games, I can see why. Shanny likes to run playaction and Orton did a pretty damn good while he was here as it seemed to be how Zorn and Muir restructerd our O.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:09 pm

I guess all we can do is wait and see. And see what kinda cards we are dealt. I think Pioli is trying to put a SB team together. If he wasn't we wouldn't have so much talent now. He has made a few mistakes I agree. I still wanna see where he takes us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:44 pm

He has made all of the right moves. Not everyone is perfect, but this roster is in 100x better shape than it was when he took over. All he needs is to find a QB and we are golden.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:45 pm

It's a little interesting all the Stanzi/Brady comparisons there where before and after the draft, and hes even handling him the same way Bill did in NE.

PostSubject: Re: Search for an OC   

Back to top Go down

Search for an OC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next