ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Moeaki, Berry, Charles progressing nicely

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Moeaki, Berry, Charles progressing nicely   Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:39 pm

The Chiefs played all season without tight end Tony Moeaki and almost all of it without safety Eric Berry and running back Jamaal Charles. Each tore ligaments in his knee and had the resulting surgery. Coach Romeo Crennel said the timetables for each of the players was encouraging. ''They are all making good progress,'' Crennel said. ''They are all rehabbing. I’ve been told they’re on schedule as far as their rehab goes. Whether that’s football-ready or not, I can’t say that right now.'' But Moeaki indicated all three players would be ready to participate when the Chiefs begin off-season practice in the spring and for the start of the regular season. ''We had our injuries one or two weeks apart but as far as the big picture, we’re on the same schedule,'' Moeaki said. The three players are doing their rehab together. Moeaki indicated their sessions occasionally become competitive. ''In exercise drills, I’ll try to sneak in an extra 10 pounds,'' Moeaki said. ''We’re all at pretty much the same level now. It’s been real nice working with them.''

Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki, Berry, Charles progressing nicely   Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Still can't believe we ended up with a 7-9 record with all the injuries we had...

I can't say enough about the defense..All the blow outs were misleading..Our offense just couldn't keep them off the field...

I like what I am seeing from the youth moving forward...With these 3 being added to this line up next season, there is no reason why we don't run away with it, IMO...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki, Berry, Charles progressing nicely   Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:28 pm

We are a decent QB away from making serious noise. Sure we could use other upgrades, but we can get by with a lot of them if we have good QB play. Orton can give us enough, I'd still prefer more, but Cassel can't do enough.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki, Berry, Charles progressing nicely   Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:54 pm

I still think we have to put up with Cassel for one more year. He will get his chance unfortunately, I just hope we bring Orton back to provide some legit competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki, Berry, Charles progressing nicely   Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Crennel has stated Orton deserves a shot next year multiple times. Even players have been saying the QB situation needs addressed.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki, Berry, Charles progressing nicely   Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:46 pm

I agree Cassel will most likely be back next year. Even if Crennel is named our HC. I still think Pioli has more juice and will keep Cassel around at least one more year. And hopefully at least groom Stanzi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki, Berry, Charles progressing nicely   Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:27 pm

Im already so excited for next season! We have the potential with a good draft and offseason to be a REAL contender.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki, Berry, Charles progressing nicely   Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:59 pm

I'm very confident Cassel will be back next year. Hes still under contract at wont outright cut him. Now if Orton is beating him out in the offseason they may try to trade him, but thats only if they feel confident that Stanzi is a good backup option unless Cassel wants to take a pay cut or they bring in someone else.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki, Berry, Charles progressing nicely   Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Since most likely not going to be taking a QB, I think OL has to be top priority this year. Richardson cannot start at RT for us next season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki, Berry, Charles progressing nicely   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1