ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

2012 Mock Draft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: 2012 Mock Draft   Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

1. Indianapolis Colts (0-13): Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
Obviously the Colts go with a QB here, but I lose confidence by the day that it will be Andrew Luck for some reason.
**Projected Trade with Minnesota**
2. Miami Dolphins (4-9): Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
Dolphins get arguably the best player in the draft in RG3 who would revive the franchise.
**Projected Trade with St. Louis**
3. Kansas City Chiefs (5-8): Matt Barkley, QB, USC
Kansas City gets a franchise QB of the future for their new regime.
4. Washington Redskins (4-9): Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
Richardson would be a very interesting fit with the Redskins and head coach Mike Shanahan.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-9): Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
Blackmon would provide Blaine Gabbert or whatever QB the Jaguars use with a big time playmaker at the receiver position.

6. Carolina Panthers (4-9): Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
Panthers get a top notch defender in Morris Claiborne who can also return kicks and punts.

7. Minnesota Vikings (2-11): Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
Vikings get some much-needed help on the offensive line with Riley Reiff.

8. Cleveland Browns (4-9): Zach Brown, LB, North Carolina
Fast athletic linebacker prospect who adds another dimension to the Browns’ defense.

9. Tampa Bay Bucs (4-9): Dre’ Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
Big cornerback prospect who has a ton of potential as a shut-down cornerback.

10. Philadelphia Eagles (5-8): Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
Eagles need to get tougher on the offensive line, and Martin is one of the best in the country.

11. Buffalo Bills (5-8): Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
Poe is an athletic freak with huge upside. I think the Bills adding him along with Marcel Dareus could be dangerous.

12. St. Louis Rams (2-10): Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
Floyd is a sure-handed WR prospect who would help the desperate St. Louis Rams and QB Sam Bradford.

13. Seattle Seahawks (5-7): Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
Bit of a reach here, but Tannehill is a solid prospect who will likely have a great offseason.

14. Arizona Cardinals (6-7): David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
The Cardinals just need to add more protection up front, and getting DeCastro would be huge at this point.

15. San Diego Chargers (6-7): Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama
The Chargers continue to try to rectify their pass rush problems with the addition of the talented Upshaw.

16. Dallas Cowboys (7-6): Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
The Cowboys need a center in a bad way. Peter Konz is the best in the country.
17. Tennessee Titans (7-6): Quinton Coples, DL, North Carolina
The Titans end the fall of Quinton Coples and get themselves a nice DL prospect who can play multiple positions.

18. Cincinnati Bengals (7-6): Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
Miller would add another dimension to the improving and young Bengals offense.

19. Oakland Raiders (7-6)(traded to Cincinnati): Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
The Bengals are not afraid to take character risks, and they are missing the presence of Jonathan Joseph in the defensive backfield.

20. Chicago Bears (7-6): Devon Still, DT, Penn State
The Bears’ defense is aging, and they could really use some help at defensive tackle. Still is one of the top DT’s available in this year’s draft.

21. New York Giants (7-6): Dont’a Hightower, LB, Alabama
Big, athletic linebacker who would likely start immediately in the middle of the Giants’ defense.
22. Atlanta Falcons (8-5)(traded to Cleveland): Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
Jeffery would be great value here for the Browns, who continue to seek out playmakers at the WR position.

23. New York Jets (8-5): Alamada Ta’amu, NT, Washington
Jets get a big, nasty nose tackle to clog up lanes in the middle of that defense.

24. Denver Broncos (8-5): Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson
Complete DT prospect who has great size and could be a force for the Broncos in the middle of the line.

25. Detroit Lions (8-5): Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
Great value pick here and gives the Lions a tackling machine who can lead the defense.

26. Houston Texans (10-3): Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
Big playmaker at wide receiver who would add insurance if Andre Johnson continues to miss time due to injuries.

27. New Orleans Saints (10-3)(traded to New England): Mark Barron, S, Alabama
Patriots upgrade the safety position with the All-American Barron from Alabama.

28. New England Patriots (10-3): Jared Crick, DL, Nebraska
Tough defensive lineman coming off of injury who can provide pass rush as a 5-technique.

29. San Francisco 49ers (10-3): Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska
Solid, physical corner with a good build who could step in and start right away on one of the best defenses in the NFL.

30. Baltimore Ravens (10-3): Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
Physical running back who would complement Ray Rice as Ricky Williams likely won’t play much longer at a high level.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-3): Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia
Big, nasty offensive lineman who fits in perfectly with what Pittsburgh likes to do.

32. Green Bay Packers (13-0): Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
Decent value pick here, adds some much needed talent and depth to the front line for Green Bay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
KCJay
Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:37 am

Screw the QB position..We already have a project that may turn out well for us in the future..

I want Pioli to address the obvious..The OL and DL...I would love to add a ILB with a 2nd day pick, as well..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm all for drafting a better ILB, but I'm also pretty excited to see Siller start next year.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:56 pm

[quote="chiefbravebull"]Easy Cyclone fan! Osemele isnt the type we need.

Pulling/trapping: Wasn't asked to do much pulling at the college level. Struggles to be consistent blocking in motion and doesn't have the natural foot quickness to cover a lot of ground. Understands angles and stays balanced with coordinated body control.

Initial Quickness: Quick setting up after the snap and slides well to the outside, staying patient and balanced off the snap. Has quick reaction skills to mirror in tight areas. Can be inconsistent in this area at times because of his lackadaisical playing style and needs to keep his weight under control. Has had more than a few false start penalties over his career.

Downfield: A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.

Intangibles: Started 44 consecutive games to end his collegiate career, despite battling an ankle injury most of his senior season. Versatile skill-set with experience at offensive tackle and guard. Work ethic is not a strength for him, with questionable conditioning and passion - his weight needs to be monitored. Natural instincts and football IQ are a large concern. Far from a finished product, but obvious upside is there if his field attitude develops - needs to prove mental midget notion is wrong.

- I dont know if you think he is good in space which he isnt, which he needs to be. He has trouble controling his weight which makes him a concern. He lacks a real motor, which you cant teach. We arent just a ground and pound team so he has to be able to move to the second level easily. We have a more zone blocking scheme because of the types of players we have with the ball. He fits a power man scheme, which we arent. Zeitler from Wisconsin would be a better fit for sure. [/quote

He is damn beast, I know that! When he gets into a legit offseason program he will shape up. If Mount Cody can go from 400 to 340 anything is possible. I'm tired of watching our O line get man handled at the point of attack every time we go up against a team with big powerful D tackles. I'd prefer Carl Nicks and always have. I dont think Pioli will spend the money. I think I like Glenn better but he he will be off the board pretty quick. Hes quicker and better in space, and still run blocks well. Osemele with some coaching will tear it up. When I was big into racing I used to have a guy that built engines tell me, "There is no substitute for cubic inches." Osemele is a guy i would take in the 4th round and keep him for pure power (short yardage, goalline, those types of drives where you have to saddle up and go down the field, etc. If we dont get some O lineman who can give us some power, we aren't never going to win against teams that have power DTs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:20 pm

You can neutralize fat turds at DT easily of you know how to do it and guys like Weigman did it for years. Osemele does not have a high motor that is the biggest reason for me. If he cant get to the second level than I dont want him, we dont need more projects, a team like Baltimore would be great for him.

I dont hate the guy I just dont like him for our system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:33 pm

This is a really deep draft and I am excited to see how everything plays out after pick number one and what the Colts do with Manning. Should be a ton of drama in the NFL this offseason.

Gonna meet Paul Rhodes tonight at the Creston Wrestling meet to watch Bevins and the Panthers keep the wins goin. How ya like that Rust!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:38 pm

I've seen ISU's OL with and without him, and hes a big time asset. He is one of the best linemen in the county, and I'm pretty confident that if he played OG at ISU he would have been the best guard in the country or at least right up there. I don't think hes an NFL LT, I think hes best suited at guard... but I would definitely take him at RT as an upgrade on this team.

Clearly there are other options, and it all just depends on who is still there while we are picking.. but if hes the best OL on the board I'm not against it.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:38 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:
This is a really deep draft and I am excited to see how everything plays out after pick number one and what the Colts do with Manning. Should be a ton of drama in the NFL this offseason.

Gonna meet Paul Rhodes tonight at the Creston Wrestling meet to watch Bevins and the Panthers keep the wins goin. How ya like that Rust!

Mother fucker I almost came to Creston tonight too. What is Bevins actual weight right now?

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:41 pm

He is right around 240. Tearing it up at the heavyweight! It was awesome getting to caoch him on the DL for three years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:44 pm

So is he going to stay at DE then or after RSing and being in a college weight training program will he become a DT?

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:58 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:
You can neutralize fat turds at DT easily of you know how to do it and guys like Weigman did it for years. Osemele does not have a high motor that is the biggest reason for me. If he cant get to the second level than I dont want him, we dont need more projects, a team like Baltimore would be great for him.

I dont hate the guy I just dont like him for our system.

if its so easy, then why do teams like the Raiders, SD, and the ravens consistantly give us fits and beat our ass?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:06 pm

RustShack wrote:
I've seen ISU's OL with and without him, and hes a big time asset. He is one of the best linemen in the county, and I'm pretty confident that if he played OG at ISU he would have been the best guard in the country or at least right up there. I don't think hes an NFL LT, I think hes best suited at guard... but I would definitely take him at RT as an upgrade on this team.

Clearly there are other options, and it all just depends on who is still there while we are picking.. but if hes the best OL on the board I'm not against it.

Hes my favorite pure run blocker in this draft. Dudes a train! Apparently his athleticism could be an issue. But i dont really give a damn because where ever he plays will be a big ass hole to run thru.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:09 pm

RustShack wrote:
So is he going to stay at DE then or after RSing and being in a college weight training program will he become a DT?

I just got back, Bevins pinned his guy from Harlan in the first period. My guess is that he will be a DE unless he gets bigger and then I could see him actually moving to Offensive Tackle. He was a unanimous all state DE but could have easily been as a tackle too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:21 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:
RustShack wrote:

I just got back, Bevins pinned his guy from Harlan in the first period. My guess is that he will be a DE unless he gets bigger and then I could see him actually moving to Offensive Tackle. He was a unanimous all state DE but could have easily been as a tackle too.

Interesting. I've been talking to another DE who's coming next year too. He had Wally(ISU's DC) visit him last night and he seems to be under the impression Bevins is going to be a DT for ISU.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:33 am

After a RS year its a possibility, he is freaky fast though. I dont see him getting too huge though. I say 280 tops. I might be wrong. I think he is better suited as a DE though. The kid is 6'6" 240 right now. Im tellin ya though he could be a stud OT. Thats what Reece Morgan from Iowa said he would probably be at Iowa.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:00 am

Well at least he made the right pick for his college

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:34 am

Allot of the reason was the fact that Seely is going there too. They are friends. I respect Rhodes allot, but he will always be second fiddle to Iowa in this state. I think that if he pads the resume a little more he will move on to a big time school with a chance to win more than 6 games a year and not play in the toilet bowl against who gives a shit every year!! You know its the truth. Dont say Ferents is mediocre, we have been a top ten team several times under him, and he does it with second rate recruits.

Bak to the actual topic, what about Decastro in the first if we dont like any of the tackles available. He would start right away and probably dominate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:51 am

Last thing though on the Bevins thing Rust, i have known the kid for 3 years and i am happy for him and proud of him and it was a privlege to coach him. He talked to me about it one time and I told him that no matter what he needed to do what made him more comfortable and happy, even if it meant nebraska. I HATE THE HUSKERS WORSE THAN ANY TEAM HANDS DOWN. Husker fans are so annoying. I am proud of Collin and all that he has accomplished and I will be watching him and cheering for him. Dont be surprised to see another Panther there also, Neitzel baby!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:45 am

CPR isn't leaving ISU anytime soon. He loves that school like Joe loved Penn State. They also wont be second fiddle to Iowa for much longer under him. Bank on that, Bevins is going to be a part of the turnaround.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:47 am

Not only because ISU is on the ups, but Iowa seems down and doesn't look to be going up next year either.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:08 pm

Oh you ISU fans never quit. Ferentz is a way better coach and knows how to recruit. The class he has coming in is way better than anything ISU has maybe ever had, we just got a big time 4 star RB!!! You guys faced a young inexperienced defense last season that is going to be dominate next year. Our LBs are going to be stacked with Kirksey and Morris. Alvis is a great DE. If you call a 6-6 season an up season that is just sad, I almost feel sorry for you. This was ISUs best team for a while, there is no way he will be able to pull the recruits like Ferentz can. If Ferentz wants them bad enough he can get them. If you werent in the shitty top heavy big 12 it could have been worse for you.

Iowa will have a great OL as always because thats where Ferentz knows his shit. Our DL with a year under there belt will be way better. Think about it we lost a shit ton of starters to the NFL before last season. How many times as an ISU fan have you been able to say that? You never will either. You will have two players drafted this year and Iowa could have four maybe five. Come on you guys took advantage of a young defense in a rivalry game and won in triple overtime. Then went 6-6 and you call that up and up. Iowa will win 8 to 10 games next year, bank on it. Iowa vs. Iowa State is a great rivalry and always will be, but ISU will never make it to a BCS game sorry!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Iowa wouldn't have even been bowling this year if they played the #2 schedule like ISU did this year. Must be nice to have a cakewalk schedule ranked #118 in the nation. The past isn't really relevant here since CPR wasn't the HC at the time. He has the ability to take us places, but he doesn't have the ability to change history. In the next few years you are about to see players like you have never seen at ISU.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:31 pm

Just one maybe two and they are from Creston. Face it dude, as an Iowa fan I can say that from experience the cieling is low for you guys especially because of geographic location. He better coahc his ass off because his staff doesnt even come close to Iowa's. Ferentz has done allot with talent that the big timers didnt want. Rhodes has allot to show me, I respect him a ton, as a fellow coach you have to admire his passion but you guys got a long ways to go still.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:33 pm

We are set with our HC and defensive staff. Lets see where our new OC takes us. We have four guys who already look like they will be NFL players in this class alone, and that doesn't mean it will only be those four. A DE. A DE/DT depending on Bevins. A CB. And an OG.

CPR to ISU is what Fry was to Iowa. Iowa was built on the type of players they've been passing on lately, and ISU snatched them up this year. Iowa tried falling back to them the last few months and they all stuck with ISU, and a lot of them even grew up Iowa fans Lol.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:39 pm

Theres a lot to be excited about though. We've never had a DL with size or really even speed. Our last few classes are littered with players who look like D1 players. And the type of players we've brought in at skill positions. We've never had depth like this. We just need some WR's like it seemed like we always had under McCarney, and we will be set.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:58 am

What players are you talking about? There were only two that I know of, Bevins and Hill that they wanted but didnt get. Im telling you right now if Ferentz tells Bevins he would be playing Defense at Iowa, Bevins would probably be at Iowa.

Ferentz knows what he is doing, you guys will never have a chance to get guys like Faith Ekakitie, Ryan Ward, Greg Garmon, or Jaleel Johnson, that is fact. They are better than anything you have recruited easily. Dont try to say that you guys have out recruited Iowa, maybe locally but that dont mean a whole lot. If they are from this state and Ferentz needs them bad enough they are in Iowa City.

Iowa was young last season and will be a strong team next year, for sure. I like what Rhodes is doing, but he has a long ways to go to catch up to Iowa. It just kills me that ISU fans were excited about a 6-6 season. We sucked this year and we still finished above .500. Our schedule wasnt that weak we played 4 top 20 teams after playing you guys and played Oklahoma in our bowl not Rutgers! Come on Rust I know you guys have allot more to be excited about than usual but you arent there yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Mock Draft   

Back to top Go down

2012 Mock Draft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next