ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

NFL Review Staff..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KCJay
Pro
Pro

PostSubject: NFL Review Staff..   Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:56 pm

Fail!

I really don't understand the call from upstairs on both of those plays...Dex was clearly down before the ball came out...How do I see that sitting in my living room and people that have multiple angles and get paid to review these types of plays get it wrong?

Another was the Cassel forward motion play...WTF were they thinking? Here's some news for you, dummies..How in F can the ball go forward if his arm is not going forward??

Another missed call was the 3rd and 2 with less than 5 to go/....Clear face mask on Battle..Where's the flag?

I thought the overall officiating in this game was really horrible...I shut the game off after the Chargers got that 3rd and forever with 2+ minuites to go....

We need a QB that can come up big in critical games....Matt Cassel will never win us a playoff game...He buckles under pressure...WTF was tht 2 minute drill at the end of the 1st half?

/rant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KCJay
Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: NFL Review Staff..   Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:00 am

OK..I now see it is OT...WTF happened? lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KCJay
Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: NFL Review Staff..   Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:34 am

OK, we won, but we owe this one to the ineptness of Feeleep Rivers....What a freaking bum...I thought Cassel was bad..lol

I'm still not sold on Cassel bringing this team to the next level...He goes cold way too often and for way too long...He had problems with the play calling all night..Its a good thing we have a talented receiving corps that insulates him...

J-Ball looked really good...Love his ball climbing ability...

We should have lost this game because you have a team 3rd and forever and they get it in FG range...THANK YOU RIVERS!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: NFL Review Staff..   Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:18 am

Dexter was clearly down. Cassell arm had just started to go forward, it was close. Rivers had 4 turnovers in this game and threw for 367, much at the expense of McGraw. If Baldwin makes the catch, Cassell is close to 300 in this game. He had 2 picks, one at the end of regulation and didn't matter much. You say what you want about Cassell but Albert and B. Richardson both got thier asses handed to them tonight. Protection was a serious issue. Cassell to Baldwin for 39 was a beauti, I hope to see many more of those. Speaking of the rookie, Baldwin was 5 for 82 and a TD, Bowe was 4 of 62, Breaston was 3 for 42, DMC was 3 for 28. Baldwin dropped an easy 30 yarder. I see the passing game going places. Baldwin goes up a good 2 foot above everybody else, If he can stay healthy, he is gonna do great things!

But what a fucking game, probally the best Chiefs game i have seen in a long time! I love this defense! Talk about Resilient! McGraw got his ass handed to him, if Berry was back there this wouldn't even been a game. Jackson, Floyd, and Gates abused McGraw bad. Flowers, DJ, K. Lewis had another great game. Front 7 is absolutely killing the run! Jackson was key again tonight. Battle had another huge game! What can you say, talk about fucking inspiring. After all the key injuries, this team has won 4 straight and ties the division. First time that has been done since 1989. This year is gonna be a what could have been year, I have a feeling. If we had Berry, Charles, and Moeaki right now, this team would be in serious contention! I just cant believe they are finding a way to win, it fires me up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: NFL Review Staff..   Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:34 am

Yeah there were some BS calls in the game. We are Charles, Berry, Moeaki, and a QB away from a Super Bowl.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: NFL Review Staff..   Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Say what you will about Cassel, but he helped win this game. If he could just stay consitant he would be very good. He really stepped up in OT. Under pressure with the game on the line.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KCJay
Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: NFL Review Staff..   Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:38 pm

Guys, Cassel is what you call a "system QB"...He is not a game breaking guy like a Rodgers or a Brees....Which is why he will never win us a playoff game...

The only reason we won this game was because our defense held it close enough and long enough for Cassel to FINALLY figure out the defensive schemes of the Chargers..He is basically given the ball and told not to turn it over..

I am a huge Chiefs' fan, but not a Cassel fan..Sorry, guys...He tends to disappear for extended parts of the game...He has flashes and that's it...We had a segment last night where we went 2 1/2 quarters without a 1st down..WTF is that? We will live/die on our defense..

Really sad to see this kind of talent at the WR position only to have a system QB throwing them the ball..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: NFL Review Staff..   Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:41 pm

KCJay wrote:
Guys, Cassel is what you call a "system QB"...He is not a game breaking guy like a Rodgers or a Brees....Which is why he will never win us a playoff game...

The only reason we won this game was because our defense held it close enough and long enough for Cassel to FINALLY figure out the defensive schemes of the Chargers..He is basically given the ball and told not to turn it over..

I am a huge Chiefs' fan, but not a Cassel fan..Sorry, guys...He tends to disappear for extended parts of the game...He has flashes and that's it...We had a segment last night where we went 2 1/2 quarters without a 1st down..WTF is that? We will live/die on our defense..

Really sad to see this kind of talent at the WR position only to have a system QB throwing them the ball..

Trent Green was a system QB to, and he didn't have shit at the WR position. Argueable one the best! Set just about every record there was. Had we had a defense, Trent would have won us a Super Bowl. It can be done. I'm still predicting as these WRs get in sink with each other, we are going to see a huge increase in producation this year with Cassell. With Moeaki in the mix, it will be special if he comes back 100%. Apparently you didn't see both OTs getting blown up during that 2.5 quarter stretch. Albert and Richardson both were horrible last night, both sides of the O line were getting caved in at will. Cassell was able to step up in the pocket and make some throws here and there. I want a QB as much as anyone, but its not going to happen this year! Cassell is 30, I would like to have a 1st rounder to sit for a year. Lets face it, were not gonna be in the top 10 this year. I'm becoming a big fan of RG3 who is listed as the 4th QB right now. I bet by draft time RG3 is the 2nd or 3rd best rated QB in the draft. I'm predicting we pick in the 16 to 18 range this year, all the QBs will be gone by then. If I were a GM and i could put a deal in place to get up and get a QB, I would do it in a heartbeat. As long as we keep winning, I dont think there is anyway in hell Pioli gives away the compensation its gonna take to do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: NFL Review Staff..   Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:46 pm

I heard Jaworski say something last night during the telecast that absolutely floored me. Jaws put together a sentence that had Matt Cassell, accuracy, and best in the business all lumped in together. Williamson over at espn had Cassell rated as the 7th best QB in the league this week after the win. While I dont share the opinions of these 2, I think Cassell is getting enough done to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: NFL Review Staff..   Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:02 am

Interesting, I didn't know that.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: NFL Review Staff..   Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:16 am

RustShack wrote:
Interesting, I didn't know that.

I was listening to a video of the post game show and Steve Young was talking about Cassell and the Overtime drive. Young said Cassell was looking off WRs and finding his later reads as well as anybody. Young made a point that Cassell would be alot better QB if he was more consistant in that department. I just wonder why Haley and Zorn aint in his ass more about it? I have noticed it, one drive Cassell will do a really good job looking off WR's and flat move the ball. The next couple of drives he will stare down one WR the whole time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Review Staff..   

Back to top Go down

NFL Review Staff..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1