ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Chiefs and Raiders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Chiefs and Raiders   Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Rapid Reaction: Raiders 24, Browns 17

October, 16, 2011

By Bill Williamson

OAKLAND – A look at an emotional day in Oakland

It wasn’t overly pretty – and the team may have lost quarterback Jason Campbell in the game – but the Raiders Just Won, Baby in their first home game since the death of owner Al Davis. He died Oct. 8 at the age of 82. There were several tributes to Davis on Sunday and the greatest one was presented by the team as they improved their record to 4-2. The Raiders are now a half-game behind San Diego, 4-1, in the AFC West race. The Chargers had their bye Sunday.

Tomorrow’s talker: It’s all about Campbell’s injury. He left the game in the second quarter and went straight to the locker room. The Raiders have only said his collarbone is being evaluated, but there are reports that he broke his collarbone and he is out for the rest of the season. He was replaced by Kyle Boller. Rookie Terrelle Pryor will be activated from the roster exemption list Monday after his NFL suspension ended last week. He will likely back up Boller for now if Campbell is out for a while.

How about Hue: First-year Oakland coach Hue Jackson is becoming quite the trickster. He has had called several trick plays this season. The Raiders sealed Sunday’s win when Shane Lechler threw a 35-yard touchdown pass to tight end Kevin Boss on a fake field goal late in the third quarter. The Raiders are fast becoming one of the NFL’s most entertaining teams.

Heyward-Bey impresses again: Third-year receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey had his third straight nice game. He had six catches for 83 yards. The No. 7 overlap pick in 2009 is really making strides.

What’s next: The Raider host Kansas City next Sunday. They then have their bye and then come home to host Denver. The Raiders are in line to go 6-2 if they can stabilize their quarterback situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Did some scouting and watched this game, Oakland didnt particully impress me. Good news is, early reports are Jason Campbell broke his collarbone and is out for the season. That means we will be looking at Boller. The only thing that concerns me, is Mcfadden to the outside. McFadden was 20 for 91 yards and a TD, Heyward Bay was 6 for 82 yards. This is Heyward Bays third consecutive good game and appears he might be turning the corner as a WR. With Flowers on him, he doesn't concern to much. Jacoby Ford over the top last year fried us, hopefully we will find a way to shut him down. Jacoby Ford also had a 101 Kickoff Return for a TD in this game. Damn hes Fast! Will be an important test for our 3 down lineman to see where they are. Aaron Curry played but didn't notice him a whole lot, paybe Pioli did a smart thing and held on to the picks a 2nd time around. I can only pray that Baldwin comes out as an All Pro in his Debut!

Last edited by BigRatt on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:42 pm

Campbell expected to be out for year

October, 16, 2011
Oct 16

by Bill Williamson

OAKLAND – Oakland Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell is expected to miss the rest of the season with a broken collarbone.

Campbell suffered the injury in the second quarter of the Raiders' 24-17 win over Cleveland on Sunday. Kyle Boller finished the game.

Oakland coach Hue Jackson would not discount the possibility of Oakland adding another quarterback. Former Jacksonville quarterback David Garrard is a free agent. Kyle Orton was replaced in Denver. The NFL trading deadline is Tuesday.

I will be back with more later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:44 pm

With Campbell gone, we have a damn good chance of winning this game now!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Is Campbell really that much better than Boeller?

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:43 pm

RustShack wrote:
Is Campbell really that much better than Boeller?

Thats a good question! I had heard that Campbell was having a resurgence in Oakland under Hue and Saunders. Just Rumor, I haven't watched them any this year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:48 pm

Chiefs' Todd Haley Not Sure If Jonathan Baldwin Will Be Active Vs. Raiders

by Joel Thorman on Oct 17, 2011 2:38 PM CDT

One of the surprises in the Kansas City Chiefs Week 5 victory over the Indianapolis Colts came before the game when WR Jonathan Baldwin was ruled inactive for the game. Baldwin hasn't played at all this season but he was a full participant in practice in the week leading up to the Colts game so many of us thought he would be active.

After that, most of us expect him to be active against the Oakland Raiders in Week 7.

But that's not a lock to happen. Chiefs head coach Todd Haley said in his Monday press conference (viewed on KCChiefs.com) that it's no guarantee that Baldwin will be active this week.

Haley could be telling the truth and they really don't know if Baldwin will be active. Or he could be playing coy in order to keep the Raiders guessing. I'm just not sure which one it is.

I'll say what I said before Week 5: My best uninformed guess is that Baldwin will be active this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:53 pm

What the hell is going on? Either Baldwin is terribly bad right now, or they are playing games with Oakland on his status. Its hard to imagine Baldwin not beating out any of the WRs on the tail end of this roster right now. I know its not mental because he has been running routes this whole time. He should know the playbook.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Could still be in the dog house and just doing something similar to what happened with Bowe and DJ to make them better in the long run(I think it was those two players).

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:13 pm

I agree, I bet Haley has him in the dog house. But I still think he plays Sunday. They almost let him play against Indy. Haley is trying to keep Oakland guessing and keeping Baldwin in the Dog House before letting him loose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:06 pm

Why Baldwin may continue to be inactive

Just because he’s over the broken thumb he received in the training camp fight with teammate Thomas Jones, don’t automatically assume Jonathan Baldwin will play in Sunday’s game against the Raiders in Oakland.

''I don’t think it’s a lock that Jonathan will be active or not,'' coach Todd Haley said at his news conference today. ''Right now, we’ll go through this week. There are a lot of factors that will play into that decision.

''We’ll see how it plays out once we get going here.''

If the Chiefs were merely waiting for Baldwin’s thumb to mend, he would have played in the most recent game at Indianapolis. But, as Haley said, the decision is complicated by some factors and here are two of the biggest:

1. Baldwin missed a lot of practice time while waiting for the thumb to heal, so it’s difficult for him to know exactly where he’s supposed to be and what he’s supposed to do on every play. The worst thing the Chiefs could do is put a receiver who doesn’t know what he’s doing on the field. The Chiefs finally have their passing game headed in the right direction but it seems fragile. Maybe the trigger to send it back to the early days of the season is for Matt Cassel to throw a pick-6 where he puts the ball where it’s supposed to be, but Baldwin isn’t there.

2. The Chiefs need their spare receivers to help in other areas, namely special teams. Baldwin doesn’t play in the kicking game while two of their backup receivers, Terrance Copper and Jeremy Horne, are two of their better players on special teams. So to get into uniform, it figures that Baldwin will need to be their third best receiver, behind Dwayne Bowe and Steve Breaston.

That doesn’t seem to be the case right now. Until it is, look for Baldwin to be a regular on the inactive list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Forgot about special teams! If he is inactive this week with the WRs we have. It means he fucking sucks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:56 pm

I think its just getting him to keep working harder. Haley has been known to sign WR's during his time here in KC so far and start them that week. Including for the playoff game last year.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:59 am

Carson Palmer Trade: Good Move Or Bad Move By Raiders?

by Joel Thorman on Oct 18, 2011 10:02 AM CDT

It sounds like the Carson Palmer trade is about done. The Oakland Raiders are sending the Cincinnati Bengals a first round pick in 2012 and a conditional pick in 2013 that could turn into a first rounder based on playing time and other incentives.

There were some trade rumors out there earlier this week that the Raiders reached out to Palmer and the Bengals but I didn't think this would actually happen. Just yesterday on NFL Network, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said, "I think our organization is very firm in the statement that Carson is, as everybody knows here, retired." The Bengals stance that they won't trade him is what makes this deal so surprising to me.

I still can't yet believe this is real and I haven't quite figured out how I feel about it. On the one hand, the Raiders are getting a solid quarterback that, at times, has been effective. On the other hand, they gave up a boatload to get him which will hurt them in the long run.

What do you think of the trade from Oakland's perspective?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:04 pm

They gave up 2 1st round picks to get a 32 year old QB. You got to love that! Carson is not what I would call elite, more like above average. They are building the way Carl and Vermiel did. Problem with that, as we have already found out. When those players are gone and you have zelch waiting behind them. This should ensure that the Raiders are to be terrible for a long time. If your going to be that aggressive, why not wait until the draft and get a bluechip youngster?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:48 pm

Shit, they should try to sound Moss again too.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:31 pm

RustShack wrote:
Shit, they should try to sound Moss again too.

makes Cassell look like a steal! I cant beleive they did that. I read Carson hasn't been the same since the surgery, neither in arm strength or accuracy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:46 pm

Well he should be well rested now. I wonder what kinda shape hes in now. Its possible for him to get that stuff back, but he is around that age now where the declining is coming up anyways.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:57 pm

RustShack wrote:
Well he should be well rested now. I wonder what kinda shape hes in now. Its possible for him to get that stuff back, but he is around that age now where the declining is coming up anyways.

I read that the Raiders sent someone to look at him and they said he looks great and has been throwing everyday to Housh and a few others. Hes probally gonna step in and not be rusty because hes been throwing and working out the whole time hes been away. He has a good deep ball and thats what the Raiders are set up for in the passing game, they are lobble to explode on Offense. Sucks we have to be the ginny pigs this week to see what they are gonna look like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Too bad we don't have Berry to welcome him back to the NFL. But Hali, Flowers, and Carr will have to do.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Interesting thing though, Hue Jackson was the one who recruited Palmer to USC. Was his OC and QB coach. He was also in Cincinnati during Palmer's best years(but only as WR coach there).

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:41 pm

I may be in shape but not football shape. He will be rusty. I think we still have a good chance to win this game, no matter who is playing QB. I am actually more worried about their runng game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:39 pm

I'm interested in how we use Battle. I'd love to see him emerge as a work horse RB this year. Hopefully Baldwin plays and can break out from the get go. That might be a little far fetched though.

Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:33 pm

RustShack wrote:
I'm interested in how we use Battle. I'd love to see him emerge as a work horse RB this year. Hopefully Baldwin plays and can break out from the get go. That might be a little far fetched though.

Chiefs first-round pick Jonathan Baldwin is fully recovered from his preseason thumb fracture, but coach Todd Haley won't commit to activating the rookie on game days going forward.

"I don't think it's a lock that Jonathan will be active or not," Haley said on Monday. "Right now, we'll go through this week. There are a lot of factors that will play into that decision." The Kansas City Star confirms that Baldwin "doesn't play in the kicking game," which hurts his chances of cracking the game-day 46 until he shows he's one of the Chiefs' top three wide receivers. For now, they are Dwayne Bowe, Steve Breaston, and Keary Colbert.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Whats the scoop on Colbert? He sure doesn't have much stats, based on that alone I feel like Baldwin would have no problem surpassing that just his first game.

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs and Raiders   

Back to top Go down

Chiefs and Raiders
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next