ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Nick Write on Haley

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Nick Write on Haley   Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:27 pm

I feel bad for Scott Pioli, the general manager of the Chiefs. I feel bad for all the injuries. I feel bad for the toll they have taken on his team.

But mostly, I feel bad for him having to constantly watch his coach, Todd Haley, act like a maniac on the sideline each Sunday.

Pioli spent over a decade in New England with Bill Belichick who, as we have seen in the NFL Network's "A Football Life: Bill Belichick," is calm and controlled on the sidelines during the game -- other than cursing at Derrick Mason. Belichick wants his team to be poised and composed, therefore he acts poised and composed. Much like when a basketball coach screams at every call, it's not long before his entire team is yelling at the referee and not focusing on the game. Pioli knows the right way to act on the sideline. This act by Haley the past three seasons has to be wearing thin on Pioli.

This is Haley's third season as the Chiefs coach -- you would think he would have learned to handle his emotions and realize that the opponent is not on his sideline, but rather across the field. The more Haley screams, especially on Sunday when it embarrasses the players, the faster he is going to lose their attention and their will to play hard. If that happens, he will lose his team.

I am not suggesting that Haley not demand from his team, but there is a difference between coaching and being a raving lunatic. Haley's temper tantrums make things seem personal, so instead of learning from the wisdom of his coaching, the players resent the way he delivers the message.

Calm down, Todd.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Nick Write on Haley   Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:38 pm

fuck u nick! i like Haley just the way he is
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Nick Write on Haley   Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:16 pm

I want to keep him around.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Nick Write on Haley   Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:29 pm

I like Haley as well. I just don't like his choice for OC. Hopefully we find one next year or maybe promote Zorn or something. If anything call play himself, anything besides Muir. He isn't the answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frankenchief
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Nick Write on Haley   Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:59 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
I like Haley as well. I just don't like his choice for OC. Hopefully we find one next year or maybe promote Zorn or something. If anything call play himself, anything besides Muir. He isn't the answer.
Why do I get a feeling that Muir is just keeping the seat warm for Zorn, until the Z-man gets the system down pat?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Nick Write on Haley   Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:55 am

Frankenchief wrote:
OutlawChief wrote:
Why do I get a feeling that Muir is just keeping the seat warm for Zorn, until the Z-man gets the system down pat?

Hopefully thats it. I didn't mind the hire at first because I was assuming Haley would be the playcaller.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Nick Write on Haley   Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:06 pm

Multiple Chiefs personnel sources tell Nick Wright of 610 Kansas City that GM Scott Pioli was prepared to fire coach Todd Haley had the team lost last week.
Wright's sources have been reliable in the past -- he broke the Jonathan Baldwin fight story. We have no reason to be skeptical, in large part due to the multiple reports of a rift between Pioli and Haley. The Chiefs' furious second-half comeback saved Haley's job for one week, but it sounds like he's going to be on the hot seat the rest of the way. Defensive boss and ex-Browns HC Romeo Crennel would be a candidate to take over in-season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Nick Write on Haley   Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:15 pm

Chiefs Say Nick Wright's Report On Todd Haley Is '100 Percent False'

by Joel Thorman on Oct 13, 2011 5:07 PM CDT

As many of you have heard by now, 610 Sports' Nick Wright reported on Thursday afternoon that Kansas City Chiefs GM Scott Pioli was prepared to fire head coach Todd Haley if the Chiefs had lost to the Indianapolis Colts. Wright cited multiple sources within the Chiefs organization for the story.

The person responsible for making that decision is saying the story is false.

More accurately, "100 percent false."

Chiefs GM Scott Pioli went on the record with me for a couple minutes this afternoon and I asked him if Nick Wright's report that he was prepared to fire Haley last week was accurate. Pioli said it was "100 percent false" and strongly refuted the report.

I asked if there were ever any discussions about firing Haley leading up to the Colts game and, again, he said there was no truth to that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Write on Haley   

Back to top Go down

Nick Write on Haley
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1