ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Chiefs at Indy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Chiefs at Indy   Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:46 am

Another Week Wondering If Jonathan Baldwin Will Play For Chiefs

The reported fight between Thomas Jones and Jonathan Baldwin, resulting in Baldwin's thumb injury, happened sometime around the middle of August so it's been about six weeks since we've seen him on the field for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Baldwin played throughout training camp and participated in one preseason game before hitting the shelf.

Will this finally be the week we see Baldwin on the field?

It seemed he was on his way a couple weeks ago when the Chiefs listed him as a limited participant in practice, for the first time, in the week leading up to the Week 3 game against the San Diego Chargers. He was a limited participant again last week leading up to the Week 4 game against the Minnesota Vikings.

Haley hasn't talked specifically about Baldwin's return but did say on Sept. 29 that Baldwin has a "little while to go" so it makes me wonder if he'll be there in Week 5 against the Indianapolis Colts.

The Chiefs also have the bye week coming up in Week 6 so perhaps they sit Baldwin this week and let him get a couple more weeks to recover.

The practice report will come out on Wednesday and I wouldn't be surprised to see Baldwin as a limited participant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:47 am

This shit about Baldwin to play every week is getting old. Surely, he will go this week!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:30 pm

I would think so too, But they may sit him this week and bring him out after the bye week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:57 pm

We probably beat the Colts for sure if Baldwin plays.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:35 pm

[quote="RustShack"]We probably beat the Colts for sure if Baldwin plays. [/quote

i think they beat the colts without him. pretty much the same kind of team we just played but they dont have a RB like AP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:20 pm

The Indianapolis Colts left tackle, Anthony Castonzo, is expected to miss the Kansas City Chiefs game, the Indy Star reports. Castonzo injured his ankle in the Monday Night Football game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

When Castonzo went down, rookie G Ben Ijalana stepped into his place but he was also injured and placed on IR this week so he's out for the year.

Ryan Diem, the team's right tackle since 2003, started the season at right guard but his status for Sunday is uncertain with an ankle injury.

The Colts starting left tackle is unclear right now -- possibly OT Jeff Linkenbach (and, no, I don't know who he is).

The Chiefs pass rush has come mainly from Tamba Hali but this may be a good opportunity for a few others to get it going against a makeshift Colts offensive line.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:21 pm

If i had to guess, I think the Luck race comes down Indy and Miami. Indy is in major trouble. Schedule wise it probally will be the Dolphins. They have a brutal schedule, they talked about ours being bad. Jets, Donks, Giants, Chiefs, Skins, Bills, Cowboys, Eagles, Raiders, Bills, Pats, Jets, is who they have left. The only winnable games I see on thier schedule is Donks, Chiefs, maybe Jets once or Philly if they continue to flounder. Not to mention that they just lost Henne for the year and will probally he signing Garrard or Broken Brodie. I heard Brodie got a workout down there this week
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:47 pm

Miami actuall signed Sage Rosenfels today. And I heard Haley hinted that Baldwin would make his debut week 5. Starting special teams and slowly working into offense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:17 pm

If Luck isn't a Chief, I'd prefer him to be a Dolphin I think. But God damn it I need Luck!!!

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:58 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
Miami actuall signed Sage Rosenfels today. And I heard Haley hinted that Baldwin would make his debut week 5. Starting special teams and slowly working into offense.

I hope Baldwin gets in the game on something other than special teams. It would suck if he doesn't this week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:02 pm

RustShack wrote:
If Luck isn't a Chief, I'd prefer him to be a Dolphin I think. But God damn it I need Luck!!!

I would rather see him anywhere than Indy, Indy has had their time of dominance with Peyton. They dont need another QB like that in my opinion! I want him to and would be willing to trade a 123 this year and a 1st and 3rd in 13 if thats what it takes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:27 pm

IDK if the Dolpins can get it together they could win some games. They are not playing horrible. Just can't find a way to win. And not taking advantage of chances they get. But it will be much harder now with Sage than with Henne I think. I think it will be Seattle with the #1 pick and the chance for Luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:54 am

I've always loved Sage, I can't believe he didn't get the job last time he was in Miami. I remember three times in one year the started QB was benched and in the fourth Sage lead them to fourth quarter comeback wins. But for whatever reason they always went back to the other guy and wouldn't let Sage start.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:57 am

We beat Indy today with or without Baldwin. Cassel has another good game against a terrible team. I think Cassel is even a good Fantasy start this week. Doesnt change my opinion of him but he is good when playing against bad teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:09 pm

Chiefs | Week 5 Inactives
Sun, 09 Oct 2011 08:41:32 -0700
The Kansas City Chiefs have declared DL Brandon Bair, WR Jerheme Urban, DL Jerrell Powe, WR Jonathan Baldwin, SS Reshard Langford, QB Ricky Stanzi, OL Steve Maneri inactive for Week 5.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:10 pm

No Baldwin, But we didn't need him. Chiefs started slow, vut really kicked it into gear and pulled off a win. Cassel and Bowe looked unstoppable. And how about Battle, I said last week lets get the man some carries. 19 carries for 119 yds rushing. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:56 pm

Season could get interesting again when we get Baldwin to go with Bowe and Breaston.. especially if BATTLE emerges as the next great Chiefs RB. I've actually always loved him. Been disappointed he hasn't emerged sooner.. hes real fast for his size.. but I'm not going to hold my breath until he does it against a little better of a defense.

But if he comes out it helps the Charles loss a little, still sucks big time for this year we lost Berry though.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:10 pm

RustShack wrote:
Season could get interesting again when we get Baldwin to go with Bowe and Breaston.. especially if BATTLE emerges as the next great Chiefs RB. I've actually always loved him. Been disappointed he hasn't emerged sooner.. hes real fast for his size.. but I'm not going to hold my breath until he does it against a little better of a defense.

But if he comes out it helps the Charles loss a little, still sucks big time for this year we lost Berry though.

The ol Battle Axe has looked really good in every preseason showing power and authority except for this year when he kept fumbling. The Chiefs have just never given him a chance to play. I was enthused last week and said this guy needed some more carries. Battle and Jones mixed with a flavor of DMC could be a nice mix in the run game. I hope Baldwin is ready to go by the end of the bye
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:21 pm

It felt good to get another win this week. Cassell was 21 of 29 with 260 yards and 4 TDs. That was very nice to see, we will see if its legit in a couple of weeks. Battle went for 119 on 19 carries, very nice. What can I say about Curtis Painter? He was unbelievable in the 1st half and just shredded our D. It was nice to see the Chiefs come back from a 17 point deficit, even if it was against Indy. D. Bowe was freaking awesome! The D line played like animals again! Cant wait to see Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin all together. Finally should get the chance here after the bye week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:29 pm

Yeah I agree if Baldwin play well we will have a pretty good receiving core. I hope Battle keeps playing like he did against Indy. We will find out. Looking forward to the Raiders after the bye. Should be another great game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:54 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
Yeah I agree if Baldwin play well we will have a pretty good receiving core. I hope Battle keeps playing like he did against Indy. We will find out. Looking forward to the Raiders after the bye. Should be another great game.

Me to, I'm ready for Raider week to see where the hell we stand in the West. Kinda sucks that its coming against them right after the passing of Al Davis, they might be playing lights out for AL! If we can get a win, we just might have a chance at the West Title again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:00 pm

That would be sweet lol. I am looking forward to that game. It should be a good game, usually is. Will definately be a good measure to see where this Chiefs team really is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:43 am

If we go to Oakland and win we will be 6-3 before we lose again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:36 pm

End up 6-3 and back in the AFC West race most likely. I would be pumped lol. But we will see what happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:51 pm

Baldwin and Battle could make this season interesting again. We just need the defense to step up.

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs at Indy   

Back to top Go down

Chiefs at Indy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next