ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Log in and make your voice heard! Quit lurking and Register!


Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!
 
Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 
 

 Flowers signs new Deal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
avatar

Posts : 856
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 39
Location : Mansfield, Ohio

PostSubject: Flowers signs new Deal   Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:59 pm

The Chiefs have signed another one of their defensive starters to a long-term deal.

Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star reports that the team has agreed to a contract extension with cornerback Brandon Flowers. Flowers, a starter since the team made him a second-round pick out of Virginia Tech in 2008, was set to become a free agent after the season. Terms of the deal are not yet known.


UPDATE: Andrew Siciliano of the NFL Network has the nitty gritty on the contract. It is a five year/$50 million deal with $22 million guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
avatar

Posts : 4463
Join date : 2010-03-25
Age : 28
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:04 pm

Pioli is such a cheap ass.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arrowheaddrive.com
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2316
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Jackson will be next with 120 mil extension. He's still a dumbass. Good thing the NFL is forcing the hands of cheap owners with this new CBA. He's still going to draft busts like Jackson and troublemakers like Baldwin. There was a fantastic call on the radio the other day about Pioli actually being 3rd string as far as player personnell until Dimitrov left. Has sucked ever since. Has only 2 hits with Mayo and Berry since 08. But you guys neede to be right on something I was wrong on so good for you. But as far as record goes and depth you all know what is about to happen this year. So bash me for being 90% right instead of 100% I can take it. But both lines are still terrible, QB is terrible, Jackson is biggest bust since Blackledge, no NT proven anything here under Pioli, he has hit on 1 pick in 2 years. dont count this years draft yet because the 2 troublemakers he drafted do have talent. His coach has no idea how to use the best RB in the game. The team is about to go from division winner to somewhere between 4-12 to 6-10 the very next year yet he is building a dynasty? And he will be dumb enough to pass on Luck or Barkley if he has the chance to get them. KC was fooled by the media hype when he was in NE when he was actually the 3rd man and has done nothing on his own to date. You guys say Jackson was great pick I say bust... as of now I'm still right. I say 7-9 at best you guys say 10-6- or 12-4. no way we go 12-4 even if the other teams use their 2's. But we are going to all be wrong there because even I overestimated them. and if you think losing a TE and S is good excuse to go from division champs to bottom feeders you are only kidding yourself. The Chiefs last 3 have been at home and have been outscored 102-24. Come back at me when you got something better than a couple extensions because the fact remains they are headed downhill fast and that is on Pioli.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2316
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:27 pm

I'm waiting to hear of a Bowe extension. If he gets 10 mil a year it will be one of the dumbest moves in history. way too inconsistent to get anywhere near that kind of money, but someone will give it to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
avatar

Posts : 856
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 39
Location : Mansfield, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Never thought I would say this lol. But I do agree Chiefs09 losing a TE and S is no excuse to go from Division Champs to bottom feeders. Look what the Packers did last year with all of the injuries they had. And I will admit we are not in league with them YET. But only one game has been played unless something happened I haven't heard of we still have 15 games left. So I will wait awhile before I call the season. I am forever optimistic. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
avatar

Posts : 856
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 39
Location : Mansfield, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:46 pm

I know nothing to do with Flowers, But wanted to share with everyone.

Jonathan Baldwin (thumb) has been ruled out for Week 2.
Baldwin has yet to practice during the regular season and remains out indefinitely with a large cast on his arm. He won't be contributing before midyear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro


Posts : 753
Join date : 2010-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Jackson will be next with 120 mil extension. He's still a dumbass. Good thing the NFL is forcing the hands of cheap owners with this new CBA. He's still going to draft busts like Jackson and troublemakers like Baldwin. There was a fantastic call on the radio the other day about Pioli actually being 3rd string as far as player personnell until Dimitrov left. Has sucked ever since. Has only 2 hits with Mayo and Berry since 08. But you guys neede to be right on something I was wrong on so good for you. But as far as record goes and depth you all know what is about to happen this year. So bash me for being 90% right instead of 100% I can take it. But both lines are still terrible, QB is terrible, Jackson is biggest bust since Blackledge, no NT proven anything here under Pioli, he has hit on 1 pick in 2 years. dont count this years draft yet because the 2 troublemakers he drafted do have talent. His coach has no idea how to use the best RB in the game. The team is about to go from division winner to somewhere between 4-12 to 6-10 the very next year yet he is building a dynasty? And he will be dumb enough to pass on Luck or Barkley if he has the chance to get them. KC was fooled by the media hype when he was in NE when he was actually the 3rd man and has done nothing on his own to date. You guys say Jackson was great pick I say bust... as of now I'm still right. I say 7-9 at best you guys say 10-6- or 12-4. no way we go 12-4 even if the other teams use their 2's. But we are going to all be wrong there because even I overestimated them. and if you think losing a TE and S is good excuse to go from division champs to bottom feeders you are only kidding yourself. The Chiefs last 3 have been at home and have been outscored 102-24. Come back at me when you got something better than a couple extensions because the fact remains they are headed downhill fast and that is on Pioli.

Your gorilla math is hilarious!

You're wroing about Abreuyo Franklin deserving a huge long-term contract. You're wrong about Dorsey was a terrible pick. You're wrong about our backup QBs presenting a better chance to win. You're wrong about blaming Pioli for not winning the SB after 2 years on the job. You're wrong about Haley not being at fault for the terrible performance in Week 1. You're wrong about the Chiefs going 16-0. You're wrong about Jamaal Charles being the best RB in the league. You're wrong about Matt Barkeley being a good QB. You're wrong about Clark Hunt being a despicable human being.

But at least you're right about Tyson Jackson being a bust.

By conventional mathematics, this makes you 10% correct and 90% bullshit. And just because that's better than your high school test scores, it isn't worth bragging about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro


Posts : 753
Join date : 2010-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:15 pm

The only people who claim to always be right are the ones who are constantly trying to convince themselves of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2738
Join date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Glad to see it get done. I expect Bowe to get a 5 year 30 million dollar deal!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2738
Join date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Jackson will be next with 120 mil extension. He's still a dumbass. Good thing the NFL is forcing the hands of cheap owners with this new CBA. He's still going to draft busts like Jackson and troublemakers like Baldwin. There was a fantastic call on the radio the other day about Pioli actually being 3rd string as far as player personnell until Dimitrov left. Has sucked ever since. Has only 2 hits with Mayo and Berry since 08. But you guys neede to be right on something I was wrong on so good for you. But as far as record goes and depth you all know what is about to happen this year. So bash me for being 90% right instead of 100% I can take it. But both lines are still terrible, QB is terrible, Jackson is biggest bust since Blackledge, no NT proven anything here under Pioli, he has hit on 1 pick in 2 years. dont count this years draft yet because the 2 troublemakers he drafted do have talent. His coach has no idea how to use the best RB in the game. The team is about to go from division winner to somewhere between 4-12 to 6-10 the very next year yet he is building a dynasty? And he will be dumb enough to pass on Luck or Barkley if he has the chance to get them. KC was fooled by the media hype when he was in NE when he was actually the 3rd man and has done nothing on his own to date. You guys say Jackson was great pick I say bust... as of now I'm still right. I say 7-9 at best you guys say 10-6- or 12-4. no way we go 12-4 even if the other teams use their 2's. But we are going to all be wrong there because even I overestimated them. and if you think losing a TE and S is good excuse to go from division champs to bottom feeders you are only kidding yourself. The Chiefs last 3 have been at home and have been outscored 102-24. Come back at me when you got something better than a couple extensions because the fact remains they are headed downhill fast and that is on Pioli.

Enjoy your babbing, rambling, bullshit now. A day is coming when you wont hear the end of this post! You couldn't be more wrong in alot of this post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2316
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:57 pm

I am dead on about Cassel. 16-0 was sarcasm directed at you idiots that thought this team was going 10-6 or 12-4. I was dead on about BOTH lines. I said I wanted Franklin, I didnt care what we paid him. He didnt get a big payday so he would have been a better choice than what we got a piece of shit nobody for NT. Charles IS the best back in football.(unless his knee is gone now) He doesnt get to prove it because Haley is a moron who doesnt know how to use him. and now that we just got beat worse than last week I want to hear more on how it is all Haleys fault and not Piolis fault for bringing in some talent that can at least compete against a team 2 years removed from 0-16. I may be wrong on Hunt being willing to spend money, but it doesnt matter when your GM knows less about talent than Al Davis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KCJay
Pro
Pro
avatar

Posts : 270
Join date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:01 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
I am dead on about Cassel. 16-0 was sarcasm directed at you idiots that thought this team was going 10-6 or 12-4. I was dead on about BOTH lines. I said I wanted Franklin, I didnt care what we paid him. He didnt get a big payday so he would have been a better choice than what we got a piece of shit nobody for NT. Charles IS the best back in football.(unless his knee is gone now) He doesnt get to prove it because Haley is a moron who doesnt know how to use him. and now that we just got beat worse than last week I want to hear more on how it is all Haleys fault and not Piolis fault for bringing in some talent that can at least compete against a team 2 years removed from 0-16. I may be wrong on Hunt being willing to spend money, but it doesnt matter when your GM knows less about talent than Al Davis.

Hard to argue with you, Chiefs...Team doesn't look like it belongs on the same field as an NFL calibre team, right now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2316
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:00 pm

I have been proven wrong about Hunt willing to give up his money. The only reason I am having fun with everyone on here is because Luck is a once in a decade player and we have a real chance of winning the pick that gets him. I would love lo land Luck and Cowher in the same offseason. I liked the Pioli sign until he drafted Jackson. Have since figured we all got fooled into the hype Pioli was. Pioli was 3rd in personnel decisions til Dimitrov left. In reality Pioli has done nothing on his own. 3 years into a rebuild we are being blown out like we dont even belong in the league. It is good for you guys to release your anger on me so keep bringing it. Keep telling me how great Cassel is and how great Jackson is going to be and how great a pickup Gregg was and how our lines are fine. Keep tellig me how stupid I am for saying otherwise. It isgood for you to release your anger. In the end you are angry because the stupid guy was right and you werent. I knew Pioli was a dipshit since he signed Jackson. I have known Cassel sucked all along and his last season was schedule driven. Soon to be right on the fact that Albert will be a good lineman, but not at LT. But finding that true LT will fix 2 positions. Just not sure Pioli can find that guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2738
Join date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:32 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
I have been proven wrong about Hunt willing to give up his money. The only reason I am having fun with everyone on here is because Luck is a once in a decade player and we have a real chance of winning the pick that gets him. I would love lo land Luck and Cowher in the same offseason. I liked the Pioli sign until he drafted Jackson. Have since figured we all got fooled into the hype Pioli was. Pioli was 3rd in personnel decisions til Dimitrov left. In reality Pioli has done nothing on his own. 3 years into a rebuild we are being blown out like we dont even belong in the league. It is good for you guys to release your anger on me so keep bringing it. Keep telling me how great Cassel is and how great Jackson is going to be and how great a pickup Gregg was and how our lines are fine. Keep tellig me how stupid I am for saying otherwise. It isgood for you to release your anger. In the end you are angry because the stupid guy was right and you werent. I knew Pioli was a dipshit since he signed Jackson. I have known Cassel sucked all along and his last season was schedule driven. Soon to be right on the fact that Albert will be a good lineman, but not at LT. But finding that true LT will fix 2 positions. Just not sure Pioli can find that guy.

I thought they were going turn it loose in the 1st half today. McGraw intercepts the ball, then fumbles it. Cassell throws a pretty good ball in the hands of Urban and he scoops it over for an INT, the next one was terrible. Flowers, one of the best young corners in football, goes up against the TE and gets torched for a score. Stupid ass 15 yard penalties, especially the one they run into the kicker on. Not to mention 6 turnovers in this game. No team can do that and win, not even the good ones. They are not getting beat by anybody, they are beating themselves right now. Berry, Siler, Moeaki, now Charles all gone for the year. 2 of them the most important players on the team period! The lines looked decent today and they look like they are coming around. They handled Detroits strong front 4 better than i could have imagined. DMC and Charles both had runs of 24 yards apiece on the same drive. I guess Haley was right on how to use Charles after all. Charles just aint built to handle tons of carries. He ends up out for the season anyway. Defensive line shut down Best for the most part. Amon Gordon was a force to be reckoned with at NT their in the first half. I wouldn't mind seeing him play more. The Secondary got tore up, which i thought would happen without lots of pressure. Stafford looked really, really good! You can definately tell the difference in the velocity on his throws vs cassells throws. Its just that Stafford cant stay healthy. I doubt he makes it this whole season, he was banged up by our D pretty good today. They played them pretty good until half, after that they gave up when the score was out of reach. Just way to many mistakes, if they can get these mistakes worked out they would have had a serious chance to beat Detroit today. With your potential Hall of Fame Safety out, your pro bowl running back and your stand out TE out, this year is over! That is just to much to overcome! It will be us and Denver in the running for the Andrew Luck sweepstakes! Why in the fuck would you want Bill Cowher? It only took him 30 years to win a SB. He is a power guy, which is fine if your have an O line like we used to have. Cowher just doesn't impress me. Haley brings the same fire that Cowher would have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2316
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:25 pm

took cowher 30. how long has it been for KC?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
avatar

Posts : 4463
Join date : 2010-03-25
Age : 28
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:02 pm

Pioli wasn't third string in NE. He and Bill did it together. If Dimitrov was the head guy, teams wouldn't have waited to go after him until Pioli turned them down.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arrowheaddrive.com
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
avatar

Posts : 4463
Join date : 2010-03-25
Age : 28
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:03 pm

And actually Pioli would have done the bulk of the work while Bill was focused on coaching.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arrowheaddrive.com
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2738
Join date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
took cowher 30. how long has it been for KC?


not much longer. about 40
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2316
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:57 pm

BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
took cowher 30. how long has it been for KC?


not much longer. about 40
and Pitt has been winning with his players since
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2738
Join date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:33 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
took cowher 30. how long has it been for KC?


not much longer. about 40
and Pitt has been winning with his players since

No, they keep winning with Colberts players!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2316
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:32 am

poor Ratt born without a clue. minor league player with minor league knowledge
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro


Posts : 753
Join date : 2010-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:27 am

You would be willing to give Cowher 30 years? Chiefs were willing to give Pederson 20 but Pioli is shit after 3? Didn't Pioli (not Dimitrov) with 2 or 3 NFL Executive of the Year Awards?

Poor Chiefs09 born with a PeeWee league penis, PeeWee league knowledge
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden


Posts : 2316
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:05 pm

you guys are so much fun. it must be hard to accept that I have been right about this team all along. in no way have I been proven wrong. Maybe its just Luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro


Posts : 753
Join date : 2010-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:11 pm

You have done nothing to prove yourself right either. Do we need to have another discussion about the differences between 'fact' and 'opinion'?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Flowers signs new Deal   

Back to top Go down
 
Flowers signs new Deal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» International Road Signs
» Speed Warning Signs
» Second hand Kayaks on Done Deal.ie
» Kevin Thomas Signs with the Texas Longhorns
» First ever Dutch guy signs for Motown

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARROWHEAD DRIVE :: The Lounge-
Jump to: