ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

"Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:36 am

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 12, 2011, 9:17 AM EDT

If Chiefs coach Todd Haley was on the hot seat heading into Week 1, there are probably some Kansas City fans ready to turn that hot seat into an electric chair after Sunday’s debacle against the Bills.

Haley knows that, and he’s tackling it head-on, going all third person in discussing who’s to blame for how unprepared the Chiefs looked in their 41-7 loss.

“We were bad,” Haley said. “We were bad from start to finish. I am taking 100 percent responsibility for our team not being able to be ready to go. You can point the finger right at Todd Haley.”

The Chiefs will be heavy underdogs in their next two games, at Detroit and at San Diego, and so an 0-3 start is a strong possibility. Haley knows he needs to get things turned around in a hurry.

“I just know that we weren’t ready,” Haley said. “The Buffalo Bills were better prepared than the Kansas City Chiefs. The Buffalo Bills were more ready than we were to play. We’ll be better. We have to be better next week. We were not prepared and I’m taking full responsibility for that, as I should.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:36 am

I am
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:37 am

I give him a lot of respect for blaming himself though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:40 pm

Haley may be at fault here, but this damn lockout is the one to blame! Players all over the league are falling like Flies! Missing the offseason work outs are goign to cut short alot of players careers this year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:16 pm

It was unacceptable, We looked lost and confused. Definately wasn't prepared for this game. And now we go to Detroit to face an even tougher Lions team. We better be ready for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:38 pm

Nice week to have Calvin on any ff team. maybe 150 and 3 scores.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:05 pm

He took a gamble on how to run training camp and he lost. He also lost by letting Muir call the plays. Why the hell wouldn't he just let Weis call the plays last year if he was going to give in and let Muir do it this year? I was looking forward to Haley calling the plays this year.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:25 pm

I think Haley is calling plays no matter what they say. Haley is the only man on the planet that thinks Charles shouldnt get 20 carries a game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
I think Haley is calling plays no matter what they say. Haley is the only man on the planet that thinks Charles shouldnt get 20 carries a game.

May be, the end result of that was Charles went for 1500 yards last year. I agree with the approach myself, I personally would like to have Charles around for the length of his contract and be healthy. I dont want Charles to a broken down piece of shit riddled with injuries in 2 years. Not only that, but I would agree with DMC and Charles splitting the carries equally. DMC had 4 att for 42 yards, 10.5 average, is long was 23 yards. He then added 5 rec for 25 yards. DMC has just as much explosion as Charles does.

Last edited by BigRatt on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:12 pm

RustShack wrote:
He took a gamble on how to run training camp and he lost. He also lost by letting Muir call the plays. Why the hell wouldn't he just let Weis call the plays last year if he was going to give in and let Muir do it this year? I was looking forward to Haley calling the plays this year.

I dont know either. I was upset when Weis left. I dont know if he would have stayed anyway had he had more control.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:17 pm

Haley was running a good offense after he cut ties with LJ and was using Charles before bringing in Weis. This years offense is not what Haley was calling while he was the OC the second half of his first year.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:33 pm

RustShack wrote:
Haley was running a good offense after he cut ties with LJ and was using Charles before bringing in Weis. This years offense is not what Haley was calling while he was the OC the second half of his first year.

Muir ran more screens this game than i think we ran all last year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:58 am

I blame him for making Bill Muir the OC and not benching that piece of shit they call Matt Cassel.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:48 am

It wasnt all bad. Tyson Jackson did have his breakout game. He didnt record any tackles but did have a bunch of almost tackles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Did anybody on our DL even record a tackle?

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:53 pm

Just a bunch of almost tackles... that counts dont it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:54 pm

But our Dline is great just ask everyone else on here but me. Same with the Oline
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:16 am

Go ahead and ask me, I don't think they're great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:17 am

BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

May be, the end result of that was Charles went for 1500 yards last year. I agree with the approach myself, I personally would like to have Charles around for the length of his contract and be healthy. I dont want Charles to a broken down piece of shit riddled with injuries in 2 years. Not only that, but I would agree with DMC and Charles splitting the carries equally. DMC had 4 att for 42 yards, 10.5 average, is long was 23 yards. He then added 5 rec for 25 yards. DMC has just as much explosion as Charles does.

Well said
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley   

Back to top Go down

"Point the finger at Todd Haley" - Todd Haley
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1