ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Clark Opens Check Book, Again.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Clark Opens Check Book, Again.   Mon May 23, 2011 9:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chiefs respond to Joplin tornado with donation, relief effort
Posted by Mike Florio on May 23, 2011, 9:20 PM EDT
APTOPIX Midwest Storms AP

On Sunday, a devastating tornado tore through Joplin, Missouri, cutting the city in half and killing more than 100.

The Chiefs quickly have responded, with a donation of $35,000 and the organization of a bottled-water drive at Arrowhead Stadium.

Cases of bottled water, cash, and/or checks made payable to Heart-to-Heart International will be accepted in Lot C on the east side of Arrowhead Stadium Tuesday from noon until 7:00 p.m. CT and Wednesday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CT.

AuthorMessage
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Clark Opens Check Book, Again.   Wed May 25, 2011 6:56 pm

I would probaly cut down on spending if my income was being cut down also. I don't know, maybe I'm smarter than the average person. Honestly if I was rich I'd be that cheap guy who doesn't even donate to people I don't know. Call me cheap and hartless. I didn't get my money by stupid decisions and giving it away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Clark Opens Check Book, Again.   Wed May 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Its a lot easier to say how to spend money when it isn't yours.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Clark Opens Check Book, Again.   Wed May 25, 2011 9:08 pm

this started when Rust said Clark opened his checkbook. he didnt open up shit. I dont care if he donates anything or not. it's laughable to think he opened up his checkbook though. and the union I belong to will donate more than Clark so my money will be going to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Clark Opens Check Book, Again.   Wed May 25, 2011 9:31 pm

I feel like a check had to be written for that amount.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Clark Opens Check Book, Again.   Wed May 25, 2011 9:43 pm

in order to get some good PR you are right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Clark Opens Check Book, Again.   Wed May 25, 2011 9:56 pm

KC teams step up to assist Joplin
The Kansas City Star
Former Chief Duane Clemons helped unload bottled water at Arrowhead Stadium on Tuesday afternoon.
Former Chief Duane Clemons helped unload bottled water at Arrowhead Stadium on Tuesday afternoon.

Join the discussion in the forums.
More News

Red Zone | Baldwin arrives for Chiefs' practice
KC teams step up to assist Joplin
Out-of-work Chiefs welcome former Central Missouri tight end to workouts
Chiefs' Berry: Playing every defensive snap took its toll
McCluster ready to put injury-plagued season behind him
Red Zone | NFL Network ranking slights Tamba Hali
Cassel guiding Chiefs players through unofficial workouts
Shields to enter College Hall of Fame
Red Zone: About Waters and Vrabel
Chiefs Sports Lab assists adults with developmental delays
Teicher's take | Breaking down Chiefs' workload
Chiefs saving money on workout bonuses
Eric Berry’s workload in 2010 could become issue for Chiefs
Examining the Chiefs’ 2010 playing-time breakdown
Chiefs players who saw the most game action
Haley has history of making success stories out of receivers
Teicher's Take | Chiefs work out, unofficially
Goodell and Hunt paint a dark picture of an NFL without a labor deal
Cassel spearheads independent practices
The Chiefs' draft class of 2011

Kansas City's sports teams are doing what they can to help Joplin residents recover from the tornado.

The Chiefs, in addition to contributing $35,000 to disaster relief for Joplin, are holding a bottled-water drive with the Salvation Army in Lot C on the east side of Arrowhead Stadium until 7 p.m. Tuesday and 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Wednesday. Cash or check donations to Heart to Heart International will also be accepted.

Royals Charities, the organization’s charitable arm, is donating $35,000 to Joplin and Reading, Kan., and is developing plans for further relief efforts.

A $25,000 donation is going to the Heart to Heart International for use in Joplin; Reading’s relief efforts will receive $10,000.

The Royals also announced Heart to Heart International will set up stations Thursday and Friday in Lot M at Kauffman Stadium to accept cash donations and hygiene kits for its efforts in Joplin. The stations will operate both days from 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.

Further, the club is organizing plans to donate a portion of proceeds from ticket sales to the May 30-June 1 series against the Angels to the relief efforts.

Kansas Speedway is also taking donations and will let fans drive their own vehicles around the track for either a $25 or $50 donation to the American Red Cross. For a $25 donation, fans can drive around the Kansas Speedway track during 2-7 p.m. June 24. For a $50 donation, fans can drive around the track during 6:30-10 p.m. June 18 as part of the first event under the lights at the speedway.

Cash and check donations will be accepted at Kansas Speedway during the upcoming June 4-5 race weekend. Vouchers will be given to fans redeemable for the date that corresponds to their donations. All vehicles must be street legal and equipped with enough seatbelts for all passengers. RVs, tractor trailers and motorcycles will not be permitted.

The Missouri Mavericks are accepting donations of basic necessities until 6 p.m. Tuesday and from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Mavs' team store at Independence Events Center.

Sporting Kansas City will collect monetary donations at Wednesday’s match to support the relief effort. Individuals who contribute money will be entered to win two Field Side Reserve tickets, a $250 value, to the LIVESTRONG Sporting Park home opener on June 9 for every $10 given toward the cause. All funds raised will go to four Midwest Select Soccer families in Joplin who lost their homes in the disaster.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/05/24/2900012/kc-teams-step-up-to-assist-joplin.html#ixzz1NQ4bPadU

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Clark Opens Check Book, Again.   Sat May 28, 2011 12:14 pm

From the FanPosts. -Chris

Matt Cassel gets a lot of grief on this site. Some of it is warranted and some is the stuff of witch-hunts. He doesn't have a great deep ball, and his accuracy needs to improve. However, the guy is a leader of men and a winner. That aside this post isn't about his on field play, it's about the man we have playing quarterback and our new kid on the block who has "character issues".

Star-divide
Matt Cassel and Jon Baldwin were in Joplin yesterday helping out the victims of the recent disaster that we're all aware of. When I read that Cassel was over there picking through debris I wasn't just impressed, I was proud. When I scrolled down and saw that Baldwin was there as well, I was surprised and even prouder.

We have a team that's extremely talented, and that makes it fun to root for them. What makes it even more fun for people like me is the type of players the Chiefs have. Whether or not you are a fan of Matt Cassel, you have to be proud of the man. He's a millionaire many times over, and instead of just ignoring the disaster or sending a token check as a donation, he's actually out there working to help.

Jon Baldwin is a young kid who has no ties to Missouri whatsoever. He didn't grow up there and he hasn't played one down for the Chiefs yet. He could easily have brushed off what happened and nobody would've thought about it. Instead Baldwin is on the front lines with Cassel helping to restore any sense of normalcy.

I love being a Kansas City Chiefs fan right now. Not just because of the talent on the roster, but because it's so easy to pull for them. There isn't a Larry Johnson on this team. It's such a good feeling to look at the team you love and genuinely respect them on and off the field. I'm huge on character and this team has it in spades. For all of the talk about Baldwin having "character issues", I don't know too many kids my age who would be down helping out who had no emotional ties to the place, let alone a soon-to-be millionaire.

What these guys are doing isn't for PR. It's not them sitting in a parking lot handing out supplies. It's two NFL players going to a devastated area and helping out because they can.

I couldn't be prouder rooting for this team.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/5...plin#storyjump

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Clark Opens Check Book, Again.   Sat May 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Rams donate $25,000 to Joplin.....cheap asses. St. Louis fans should be ashamed that their ownership didn't give at least a million. If Julia Roberts was the owner things would be different! (I wonder how much Julia Roberts' dad would have donated)

In all seriousness, thank you Rams!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Clark Opens Check Book, Again.   Sat May 28, 2011 10:45 pm

good pr for owner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Clark Opens Check Book, Again.   Sun May 29, 2011 8:57 pm

Teams donating money doesn't change my opinion of them, and it wouldn't if they decided not to donate either.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Clark Opens Check Book, Again.   Mon May 30, 2011 8:23 pm

The Missouri Mobilization.

In 1994, when Matt Cassel was 11, his home was at the epicenter of the Northridge earthquake in California. Water from the inground swimming pool came crashing into the Cassel home, and a huge marble pillar pinned his father, Greg, beneath it. The family home was condemned. That's a heck of a thing for an 11-year-old to cope with.

That was big. But last Thursday was bigger. Much bigger. Matt Cassel and his new teammate, wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin, drove two hours from Kansas City to Joplin, where a tornado the previous Sunday had torn a ruinous two-mile-by-six-mile path through what once was Americana.

"It was the most shocking thing I've seen in my life, and I lived through being in the epicenter of a major earthquake,'' Cassel said over the weekend from his Kansas City home. "The devastation is like a nuclear bomb went off. Huge trees, 100 years old, ripped out by the roots. A car thrown up into the middle of a tree. It's one of those things you can't imagine unless you're there.''

Both NFL teams in Missouri pitched in last week. NFLPA czar De Smith swooped into Joplin with four Rams, including Sam Bradford and James Laurinaitis, on Thursday, and the club donated $25,000 to relief efforts. The Chiefs mobilized greater Kansas City, loading up six semis of water (187,490 bottles, by their count) and relief supplies, $35,000 from the club and $21,000 of private donations. Cassel, Baldwin and several other players went on the same day as the Rams, lifting spirits and clearing clogged yards and roads.

"We may be in a work stoppage, but we're not in a life stoppage,'' Chiefs GM Scott Pioli said Friday. "This has given me a prime example of everything I was told this community was all about when I came here a couple of years ago.''

The Chiefs invited fans to bring supplies and water and cash (which Joplin leaders wanted more than help on the spot right now) last week, and the club was stunned at the outpouring it saw from the community. "This girl graduated from high school last, and she brings us all of her graduation money,'' Pioli said. "She says, 'They need it a lot more than I do.' People of modest means pulling up and pulling a case of water out of their trunk. This guy who'd just lost his job that day comes and brings us water, and the next day he comes back in the morning and says, 'Can I volunteer? I don't have a job now.' Three kids sold lemonade in their neighborhood and brought all the money. It's making me cry again, just thinking about it all.''

The three kids -- Jacob, Alaina and Rachel Straub, along with neighbor Ella Phillips -- "got very upset'' watching news of the tornado and wanted to do something, mom Regina Straub said Sunday night. "They get $3 for allowance every week -- $1 they can spend, $1 they have to save, and $1 that goes to charity. They thought they could raise some money for Joplin by having a lemonade stand after school, 25 cents a cup, and our neighborhood really responded. Parents, kids, came from everywhere. All they wanted to do was help.''

It's a Midwestern thing. It's an American thing.

Jonathan Baldwin, Kansas City's first-round draft choice, is a wide receiver from the hard streets of Aliquippa, near Pittsburgh. He was in town to work out with Cassel. When they finished a double-session of throwing Wednesday, Baldwin texted Cassel and said: "I think we should go to Joplin and help out.'' They were off to Joplin the next morning.

"They had places for us to go help, to help people dig out,'' Baldwin said. "Like, 'There's an elderly family that needs help. Can we get a couple guys over here?'''

One older woman sat forlornly on her porch -- it was the only part of her home not destroyed. And all she cared about was finding a picture of Jesus her daughter had painted years earlier. So they dug.

"Humbling,'' said Baldwin. "It touched my heart to be able to do something, anything. We felt we touched a few people's lives, and after something like that, you need to know people care about you.''

Cassel called me Saturday afternoon to tell a few stories about the impact of the day on him. And he said he was thinking of not calling, because he didn't want to draw attention to himself; there were loads of volunteers there, all doing the same thing. He didn't want his name splashed out there. I understood, but in a case like this, with at least 126 dead and people's lives destroyed, a forlorn city needs all the help it can get. It's good that the two quarterbacks of the Missouri teams -- and eight or 10 more players from the two teams -- are helping people when they do it most.

And now, hopefully, we'll do our part, from communities far and wide. If you can help, go to redcross.org or liveunited.org to donate. Pick up the ball from the Chiefs and Rams.

PostSubject: Re: Clark Opens Check Book, Again.   

Back to top Go down

Clark Opens Check Book, Again.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2