ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Chiefs ask Powe to drop some weight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Chiefs ask Powe to drop some weight    Mon May 02, 2011 12:42 pm

Some of the concerns that were flying around prior to the draft about Mississippi NT prospect Jerrell Powe were that be may have trouble maintaining a healthy weight.

While speaking with the media after being drafted, Powe let slip an interesting nugget that the Chiefs asked him to lost some weight before training camp.

“As far as weight wise, I weighed in at 328 before watching the draft, they asked me to get the weight down, weight is not a problem, I’ve always been able to maintain my weight,” said Powe. “I’m just trying to get down to 320, report to camp at 320.”

More after the jump.

Powe has plenty of time to lose eight pounds before training camp, which will hopefully take place in August.

It makes sense that the Chiefs would want Powe playing at a slimmer weight. While NT’s are traditionally are bigger, there have been concerns about Powe’s stamina and ability to be a thee down player. By having him stay trim, the Chiefs should hopefully be able to condition the rookie to be an every down player.

Powe has a long way to go before we will know if he can be a solid starter as KC’s NT but he has his first assignment from the Chiefs and hopefully he will rise to the challenge.

“Just like me and my trainer always talk about making it at any weight, trying to come in light” said Powe. “Putting on the weight is not a problem so that won’t be an issue. I just want to report to Kansas City at a solid weight and size and let them decide. Whatever they want me to be at weight-wise I don’t have a problem with that. Like I said I can maintain a weight, whether they want me to gain 10 pounds I can do that or if they want me to drop a couple to stay solid I can do that.”

Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs ask Powe to drop some weight    Mon May 02, 2011 10:22 pm

Great to hear he isn't having a problem with agreeing with the team....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gregorychief
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs ask Powe to drop some weight    Tue May 03, 2011 8:28 am

The weight training and individual diet/strength programs will replace many of the present-day Chief players, and with quality coaching it will provide even more starters and the much needed depth this team was lacking. I'm very high on this draft class, and the sooner they can get into the football routine the better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs ask Powe to drop some weight    Tue May 03, 2011 11:58 am

He needs to work on his stanima, but it's fine for our NT to have a lot of flubber. Most of the top ones do or have had weight issues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs ask Powe to drop some weight    Tue May 03, 2011 4:08 pm

If your nose tackle doesn't have weight issues, you don't have a nose tackle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs ask Powe to drop some weight    Tue May 03, 2011 9:18 pm

FatThucker wrote:
If your nose tackle doesn't have weight issues, you don't have a nose tackle

Get that mamma jamma a Cheesburger and some fried hot wings!!!! I think 325 is right where he needs to be. Hopefully they dont make him come in at 310 to 315 and go through what Albert has went through with the wieght dropping issue. Hes a gall dern NT that was taken in the 6th round, of course i dont expect him to be a 3 down player. Give him reps with Smith or Edwards and lets get on with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs ask Powe to drop some weight    

Back to top Go down

Chiefs ask Powe to drop some weight
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1