ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Walter Grades

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Walter Grades   Sun May 01, 2011 7:32 pm

26. Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
Jonathan Baldwin is really talented, and the Chiefs are getting a much-needed secondary weapon for Matt Cassel. This pick alone would be a B, but I like that the Chiefs moved down and picked up an extra third. (Pick Grade: A)

55. Rodney Hudson, C, Florida State
This is about the right range for Rodney Hudson. He'll potentially fill a big void for the Chiefs, as Casey Wiegmann could be heading for retirement this offseason. (Pick Grade: B)

70. Justin Houston, DE/OLB, Georgia
A predictable drop for Justin Houston, who tested positive for marijuana at the Combine. Houston may have been a mid first-round pick otherwise, so the Chiefs are getting a steal, much like the Patriots did with Aaron Hernandez in Round 4 last year. Houston could be a great complement for Tamba Hali. (Pick Grade: A)

86. Allen Bailey, DE/DT, Miami
Allen Bailey doesn't fill a big need for the Chiefs, but he's a value selection at the end of the third round. Bailey could have easily gone in the second round. He'll push Tyson Jackson. (Pick Grade: B)

118. Jalil Brown, CB, Colorado
I'm not crazy about this pick. I didn't feel like cornerback was a big need for the Chiefs, though drafting one doesn't hurt. Plus, Jalil Brown isn't a great value or anything. He fits the range as a mid-Round 4 prospect, but meh... (Pick Grade: C)

135. Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa
I thought the Chiefs would take Ricky Stanzi in Round 4, so I like the value the Chiefs are getting at the top of the fifth round. Matt Cassel imploded in the playoffs and figures to struggle without Charlie Weis. Stanzi is a nice project who could take over for Cassel in a couple of years. (Pick Grade: A)

140. Gabe Miller, DE/OLB, Oregon State
Who the hell is Gabe Miller? Seriously. He's not on my board. He's not on Scouts Inc.'s board. He's No. 286 at NFL Draft Scout. What a weird pick. (Pick Grade: F)

199. Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss
Has Scott Pioli found his Vince Wilfork? Maybe. Jerrell Powe is a great value pick at the bottom of the sixth round. He was once considered a Round 2 prospect, but was slated for the fourth or fifth round by most. (Pick Grade A)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Walter Grades   Sun May 01, 2011 8:18 pm

Cant see how you give guys with baggage an A. I like both picks and they may both turn out to be great, but I'd say a B because of the baggage they come with. Ryan Leaf was an A based on talent. I hated the CB pick at first some say he is almost as good as the other Colorado CB drafted. I'd say a B there. Hudson should be an A. Dont know shit about Gabe Miller, but sounds like we could have had him in 7 or even UDFA. Stanzi and Powe were both terrific picks where we got them. I didnt think we had a chance after passing on Powe in 4. Hopefully Bailey does more than push Jackson. I hope he pushes him right on out of town.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Walter Grades   Sun May 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Jackson will break out this year. If anything Bailey will probably play more on Dorseys side, with Gillberry taking Jacksons spot on obvious passing situations unless he also breaks out there, not saying Jackson couldn't handle it.. its just how good Gillberry is.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Walter Grades   Sun May 01, 2011 9:52 pm

And heres the grade for our last pick-

223. Shane Bannon, FB, Yale
As I wrote in another spot, I have no problem with a team taking a fullback in Round 7. I just feel like there were better ones available. (Pick Grade: C)

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Walter Grades   Sun May 01, 2011 9:55 pm

Sporting News grade...

Chiefs: B-

Two third-round picks could be steals, linebacker Justin Houston and defensive end Allen Bailey. WR Jonathan Baldwin can get deep.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Walter Grades   Mon May 02, 2011 12:12 pm

there were a lot of potential 3rd round steals this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Walter Grades   Mon May 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Heres Walters final grade-

No one is talking about Kansas City's draft, but I think Scott Pioli did a really good job. Pioli spent the entire weekend filling needs by selecting some of the better players on the board. He even picked up an extra third-rounder after trading down five spots on Thursday night.

The additions of Jonathan Baldwin to the receiving corps and Rodney Hudson to the interior of the offensive front may help offset the loss of Charlie Weis. Meanwhile, Justin Houston and Jerrell Powe could actually make big contributions as rookies despite being chosen in the third and sixth round, respectively.

I didn't like a couple of the Chiefs' late-round selections, but overall, I'm a fan of this draft class.

Overall 2011 NFL Draft Grade given on 5/1/11: A-

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Walter Grades   Mon May 02, 2011 12:30 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Chiefs have had arguably the best draft three of the last four years. Its should really start showing soon.

PostSubject: Re: Walter Grades   

Back to top Go down

Walter Grades
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1