ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Predicting 1st rnd busts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Predicting 1st rnd busts   Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Was just googling articles for Glenn Dorsey being a bust and fell on this. You can easily find mock draft predictions everywhere, but I kind of like looking at this type of stuff too. Dont think any of these are Chiefs projected picks.

Subscribe to this blog

Expected Top 10 Draft Busts for 2011
Posted by Jordan Tucker-Willaford on Friday, March 11, 2011 Under: Blog
True football fans know that there is always draft busts that corrupt the league. Many busts escape the propaganda, walking away with a pocket full of money and leaving absolutely no impact in the league as many intended them to do.

A few big names, nonetheless, are Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, Akili Smith, and Art Schlichter. Perhaps, these four names are some of the biggest busts of all time.

The 2011 NFL Draft could be piled with lists full of busts, below is the list of my ten predictions of whom I think will be the biggest draft busts in this year’s draft.

10. Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
Quinn may seem athletic, but the fact that he hasn’t played in a season may interfere with his performance in the NFL.
I can’t see this guy too much, therefore I have him at the peak of my list.

9. Cameron Jordan, DE, California

Jordan was predominately a top prospect in the mix up for his ability at the position he plays at.

8. Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas

Ryan Mallett is impressive I have to say, but he typically was a no name player in 2010. His size is a little too big in concern with his ability to scramble out of the pocket when being rushed.

I believe that Mallett could possibly be a second round draft pick and perhaps a third rounder as well.

7. Corey Liuget, DE, Illinois

Not to disrespect the guy, but many fans might not have heard of him before. Sure 63 tackles is quite amazing in a season’s worth performance, but five sacks won’t cut it in the NFL.

6. Brandon Harris, CB, Miami (FL)

Harris is ranked number three overall in the position of cornerback when it comes to many other mock drafts throughout.

He reminds me of a Nathan Vasher type corner, I believe he very well could have a nice career when it comes to his first three seasons of his career, however (like Vasher) something may popup (such as an injury) and could alter his chances in becoming an impact player in the league.

5. Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa

I believe that Clayborn will be a good player depending on the team he plays on, such as the Buccaneers, but if he falls to a team that doesn’t use his techniques right, he could very well as fall back to being a potiental draft bust.

4. Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina

Austin proved he wasn’t too smart at all when it came to his decision to not enter in the 2010 Draft. As well as Quinn, Austin was in the mix up of the suspension for a season, therefore he too could become weak and lose his potential.

3. Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
He may have won the NCAAF Heisman Trophy, but he personally is missing something that will not allow him to become a successful QB in the NFL.

Newton has speed for his size, but his ability to avoid pressure while in the pocket is weak. The NFL is almost like a curse for “Big Named” college quarterbacks when they enter the league. Some lose their technique due to different coaching systems and different schemes coaches may believe in.

2. Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU

It’s hard to explain my precise thought when it comes to the elements I see in Peterson that are missing. He has speed, he has the size, but like a puzzle, a piece is missing and I cannot seem to find the answer for it.

LSU, by the way, are filled with NFL draft busts. JaMarcus Russell, Joseph Addai, Glenn Dorsey, etc.

Peterson is elusive, but like I said, I’m not amazed with his abilities of how he could perform in the NFL.

1. Nick Fairley, DE, Auburn

I can see it now, ’Fairley equals NFL Draft Bust’ signs. Fairley is already slipping back in almost everyone’s mock drafts. He really wasn’t a big named player until his senior year, due to the fact that Auburn went number one which put a lot of spotlight on the Tigers.

Fairley could go to the Titans, but I don’t see him being a big named guy.
In : Blog

Next post: brandon-meriweath... Previous post: cam-newton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Predicting 1st rnd busts   Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:37 pm

Really? You google 'Glenn Dorsey Bust' and then think you found gold? Try '9/11 Conspiracy' or 'Evolution Fake' and see what kind of bat shit lunacy you can find that way too! You need to cancel your internet and invest in an encyclopedia. You might be able to pass for a high school graduate. After years of study of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Predicting 1st rnd busts   Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:39 am

lol... funny when a guy loses an arguement when faced with facts instead of his own illusions he begins to get a little upset. the fact that you even responded to a post just because I put it up shows your obsession ith me. If you arent interested in it leave it alone. But I know it's hard not to think about me fats. After all I am GOD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Predicting 1st rnd busts   Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:19 am

Ummmmm.....there's not a fact in this post. All you did was cut and paste someone else's opinion. But here's a little fact for you: 100% of people who think they are God are not. And of those people, 5/5 don't even realize they're mentally incompetent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Predicting 1st rnd busts   Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:30 am

I guess I have to spell it out for you. Hooked on phonics didnt work for you. I understand there arent any arguments in the original post. But you have been arguing with me over our Busts on other threads. If you have no interest on bust predictions then dont post on it. But since you are obsessed with me you just had to post on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Predicting 1st rnd busts   Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:39 am

Poor guy thinks about chiefs09 24/7. dont matter whether you are sleeping or at the welfare office picking up your food stamps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Predicting 1st rnd busts   Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:21 pm

I think we got the kettle calling the pot black. You seem to respond to all my replies too. I don't get obsessed over people with pen-ginas, no matter how much you beg for it. And I would love for you to point out these facts that you have laid out. BigRatt is the only one who has done that and his info seems to point to you being wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GOD
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Predicting 1st rnd busts   Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:30 pm

lol again on my thread not talking about the thread. let it go you have to find a way to get me off your mind. your obsession is going eat at you. the FACT is Dorsey has not played like a top 5 pick. top 5's should be in the pro bowl by year 3. He was being talked about like the best D-lineman coming out of college in 20 years. now he's an average to slightly above average lineman. not exactly what he was projected to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Predicting 1st rnd busts   Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:11 pm

The FACT is, you need to look up the definition of 'fact'. I'm not sure if you're more full of yourself or of shit. The reason NO ONE is replying in regards to your post is because it's retardedly dumb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GOD
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Predicting 1st rnd busts   Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Suh has played like a top 5 pick. Dorsey has played like a 3rd or 4th rounder
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GOD
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Predicting 1st rnd busts   Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:27 pm

5. Glenn Dorsey, DT, Kansas City

Value: Below average. When you take a guy with a top-five pick who is supposed to be one of the best in recent memory coming out of college, you expect more. His conversion to 3-4 took time, but he’s settled and a decent contributor.

Interesting Stat: He has only missed three tackles in his career.

Grade: C-

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Predicting 1st rnd busts   

Back to top Go down

Predicting 1st rnd busts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1