ARROWHEAD DRIVE

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Calendar  FAQ  Usergroups  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
 Geno Smith
 Luke Joekel
 Domontre Moore
 Jarvis Jones
 Manti Te'o
 Star Lotulelei
 Tyler Wilson
 Other
View results
Latest topics
» Naruto Shippuden Season 5 (English Dub)
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm by tamger

» Jordi-nio-polla-dscargar-gratis
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm by tamger

» Rihanna Russian Roulette
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm by tamger

» Bitdefender Total Security 2015 License Key And Serial Key
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am by tamger

» Psiphon For 64bit Windows 7
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am by tamger

Advertisement

Share | 

Does Cassel have what it takes to win

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Is Cassel a SB QB
 Yes
 No
View results
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:17 am

The Super Bowl? Discuss.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:22 pm

Cassel cant handle real pressure. He's gonna have to do for now cuz Pioli wants to prove he is right about Cassel. It wont happen. As long as he keeps drafting like he did last year we will still be fine when he finally realizes Cassel is crap. Personally I think we should take Mallet if he falls but it wont happen so no need to even discuss. It will be OLB or OT with first pick thid year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:47 pm

I think he could with an another WR in the first and a top notch defense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:15 pm

Cassell made a ton of progress this year and should have made the Pro Bowl. 3116 yards, 27 TDs, 7 picks and 2 of those were in the last regular season game, only sacked 26 times this year. He improved his Pocket awareness and accuracy in my opinion. With another WR who can take some double coverage off of Bowe he will only get better in my opinion. Hes finally starting to understand coverages like he should and became extremely effecient.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:08 pm

I agree. He had a better year than any sane individual could have predicted. Talk of whether or not he can win is absurd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:40 pm

He will be exposed next year with a real schedule
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:05 pm

He played well against bad teams, and horrible against good teams.

Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:05 pm

For the most part.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:58 pm

If Mallet falls to 21 I hope they at least consider it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Surprisingly I don't think I would pull the trigger... unless there isn't a WR, NT, or LB worth the pick. I'd even consider OL before a QB this year...

Maybe the Panthers will cut ties with Clausen and we can let Cassel groom him

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:59 pm

FatThucker wrote:
I agree. He had a better year than any sane individual could have predicted. Talk of whether or not he can win is absurd.

I agree he needs more weapons besides Bowe. When Bowe gets taken out of the game we have no real big play threat down field. Cassel is improving greatly. And drafting a QB or looking for one in FA would only be a step back from Cassel. Now I would like to get a veteran back up to push Cassel a lil and improve him even more. And Croyle for sure isn't that guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:24 pm

The Chargers drafted Rivers and Brees became great after that move. So I don't think drafting a QB would make Cassel take a step back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:14 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
FatThucker wrote:

I agree he needs more weapons besides Bowe. When Bowe gets taken out of the game we have no real big play threat down field. Cassel is improving greatly. And drafting a QB or looking for one in FA would only be a step back from Cassel. Now I would like to get a veteran back up to push Cassel a lil and improve him even more. And Croyle for sure isn't that guy.

I agree, i never have liked Croyle. Croyle needs to be cut and go after a Vet for a backup. A cannon for an arm and hasn't got the balls to take a shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Croyle got Herminated. Damn Dick Curl.

n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:57 pm

Cassel sucks. Plain and simple. WE WILL NOT WIN A SUPER BOWL FOR AT LEAST 5 years as long as he is here. I told you about my seats the last 4 games. He is even worse than he looks on TV. Thankfully Todd Haley will have been fired then so who knows. If he continues to run great assistants off and is a 10-11 win a year coach it won't keep his job. And as far as what we'll do in the playoffs in the future. Nothing. As the original post indicates. Cassel has the ability to efficiently lead this team to the playoffs for the forseeable future. But in a pressure situation I trust him as much as Croyle. And don't worry about stability when Todd is gone. The future is bright. Lots and lots of young talent, great management, and the Kansas City Chiefs are an attractive franchise to coaches and free agents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:08 am

You can win without a great QB. Trent Dilfer wasnt a SB QB. Hell I personally think Sanchez sucks, but he is now 4-1 in playoffs (all on the road). I think we are just 2-3 players away from an elite D. I personally want a SB D and not a SB QB. That being said I dont like Cassel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GOHARDorGOHOME
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:27 pm

RustShack wrote:
He played well against bad teams, and horrible against good teams.

Agreed but we're a "good" team, not a "great" team. Therefore our "whole" team is exposed against the best in the league. We're not there yet and Pioli and Haley obviously witnessed that as we all did against the Raiders and Ravens at the end of the year. The breakdown was awful but with all do respect, I do believe Cassel can and will be a consistent Pro Bowl QB once we solidify our line further and add another legit WR (I sound like a broken record). Cassel is a good QB, not a great QB.

His numbers were VERY impressive at times. I like him cuz he's gritty and has an attitude. He's a work in progress and a whole helluva lot better than Brodie or any other QB we've had other than Trent in a LONG time. I'd like to see Tyler Thigpen or another mobile QB as a legit 2nd QB.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:12 pm

Well said, hes good enough to win with. Maybe not Great, but Good! We just have to solidify the team around him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:18 pm

He needs another receiver for sure... but we will need to keep working on that defense if we want to go anywhere with Cassel.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Bill Belichick: 'Cassel's Going To Be Alright'
by Joel Thorman on Feb 20, 2011 8:30 AM CST

18 comments Email Print.

View full size photo ยป
No, the headline to this story isn't a quote from something New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick said this week about Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel. It's something he said nearly six years ago.

The Patriots official website ran a video feature on the team's time in Hawaii for the 2011 Pro Bowl and included is a segment on Cassel, former Patriots quarterback.

The Pats dusted off the archives and showed a clip from training camp 2005. It's a shot of Scott Pioli and Belichick -- both a member of the Patriots then -- talking off to the side during a camp practice. Here's the exchange:

Pioli: "Cassel looked pretty good today."

Belichick: "Cassel's going to be alright. Cassel's one of the real bright spots out here."

Remember, this was a seventh round pick that hadn't started a game since high school and was in his first training camp.

You think these two know something about quarterbacks?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:05 pm

Next year will determine if his career takes off or its over. The Chiefs will see either their QB of the future or be looking for another one. I think they go 5-11 to 7-9 with next years schedule and Cassels TD numbers are way down and INT's way up. Unless he gets to play D's like Seattle and Arizona all year. But I dont see GB, Pitt, Chi, and NE not sending the heat after what Cassel showed what he does under pressure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Cassel have what it takes to win   

Back to top Go down

Does Cassel have what it takes to win
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1